Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Hank to the portal.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:22 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm not expecting any miracles here.  Our already very bad OL is now so beat up Freshmen are playing.  Our WR's still will struggle to get open and our top 2 TE's are down.  It's going to be a long season.

That said, athletes like Green come around once in a generation for teams like Boise.  Let the rebuild begin, by the time Green is an upperclassmen we could be really good again, especially if Koetter sticks around.  

If your OL is in shambles, anything short of a dual threat in there is going to be disastrous. It won’t matter what pro style QB you use. 

kat.jpg

On 9/26/2022 at 12:29 PM, jewelz4562000 said:

I agree but wouldn't count out Vidlak. He was higher rated than Green, is a better passer than Green, can run (not like Green but is much faster than hank). Koetter likes pocket passers and he is more pocket passer than Green.  I think we see some combo.

I’ve only seen Green come in during the Oregon State game. I liked him a lot. And yeah, rookies miss reads and aren’t very accurate in live action. Part of the plan but I saw lots of potential. 

Personally, I think they need to pick their guy and roll with it. Build the confidence. Two headed systems don’t work all too often. Let them push each other in practice but these kids have fragile egos, so looking over your shoulder in games might do more damage. 

On 9/26/2022 at 11:29 AM, jewelz4562000 said:

I agree but wouldn't count out Vidlak. He was higher rated than Green, is a better passer than Green, can run (not like Green but is much faster than hank). Koetter likes pocket passers and he is more pocket passer than Green.  I think we see some combo.

How many first and second team reps was he getting during the offseason? I wonder how well he even knows the offense. 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:29 PM, ridgeview2 said:

I honestly didn't know you could just transfer mid season like that. I thought players were locked in at least for the season and could transfer before bowl games. It will be crazy to see if a coach completely loses the locker room and the entire team hits the transfer portal like what happened to Hawaii in the offseason. A program would be decimated for years if that happened.

You can only play 4 games and get the redshirt.  And you can't go play for another team mid season.  He will have to wait until this fall to play and will have 2 years eligibility left.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:42 PM, JADogs05 said:

How many first and second team reps was he getting during the offseason? I wonder how well he even knows the offense. 

Not sure. I know a lot of people though he might beat Green for the 2 and they kept the competition open between the two for most of the off season. So he likely got a lot of 2nd team reps.  Green has been here longer and is basically like a large receiver than can throw.  I honestly think we will be better either way. Our line sucks, Hank basically has the speed of Marino at the end of his career and his stats this year are horrendous so we can't get much worse passing.

I guess entering the Portal is a one-way ticket to popularity.

Non-Portal Hank:  Boo'd, fans cheer at injury, pariah, death threats a la Kyle Brotzman, not fit to be a HS QB, loser

In Portal Hank: We love you!,  You bled blue - thanks for everything.  You're a great man and a great bronco.  I want you inside me...

On 9/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, Bob said:

lmao you +++++ing lost it the second he committed.

I was very excited.  I never came close to what you described lol.  Again, highest rated QB to ever commit to a MWC team, I believe the highest rated offensive player as well and second highest overall, beyond Dylan Sumner Gardner.  

On 9/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, Bob said:

lmao you +++++ing lost it the second he committed.

being happy about a commitment is quite different from predicting annual NY6 games. that would be a crazy accomplishment for a G5, even by the standards of old

On 9/26/2022 at 12:22 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm not expecting any miracles here.  Our already very bad OL is now so beat up Freshmen are playing.  Our WR's still will struggle to get open and our top 2 TE's are down.  It's going to be a long season.

That said, athletes like Green come around once in a generation for teams like Boise.  Let the rebuild begin, by the time Green is an upperclassmen we could be really good again, especially if Koetter sticks around.  

However if we’re being objective and setting aside our own preferences, by all accounts, Vidlak is actually the best passer in practices. I just want the best player to play, that’s all.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, bornontheblue said:

He will probably end up at an FCS school. 

I hope he finds a place he likes, and has an amazing 2 years there, 

He is a good person, too bad it didn't work out here. 

I could see several Big Sky schools wanting to snag him outside the Montanas (we got AJ Abbott from Oregon transferring in and MSU has Mellot who is great when he is healthy) but the rest I could see interest.

Also could see other MWC, CUSA and maybe even some future AAC schools making a run at him. At the FCS level some MVFC and WAC schools perhaps outside the Big Sky. 

Would he go to Idaho?

On 9/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, Maji said:

being happy about a commitment is quite different from predicting annual NY6 games. that would be a crazy accomplishment for a G5, even by the standards of old

To be honest I was more hyped about the overall recruiting class.  The 24/7 guys called it the best G5 recruiting class of all time.  5, 4* recruits.  A ton of high 3 star recruits.  Little did I know 11 of the top 15 players or whatever would never play a down for Boise State...Thanks Harsin!

Boise had 16 of the top 50 rated recruits in the MWC in 2019. Only 3 of them are left in starting roles.

QB Hank Bachmeier 0.9114   transfer portal

LB Casey Kline 0.9023 transfer portal

TE Austin Griffin 0.8905 ineligible before arriving on campus

RB George Holani 0.8810 starter 

LB Lolani Langi 0.8700 mission after signing, ended up at Utah

WR Khyheem Waleed 0.8689 transfer portal - Arkansas State

S JL Skinner 0.8674 starter 

WR DK Blaylock 0.8568 left during first fall camp ACU

CB Markel Reed 0.8547 started opener befor season ending injury

RB Keegan Duncan 0.8537 left during first fall camp, USU then retired

QB Kaiden Bennett 0.8452 left during first fall camp, currently at Sac State

DE Dylan Hall 0.8452 left team, Juco then Arizona State

WR Shea Whiting 0.8431 1 reception for -1 yard this year

OG Ben Dooley 0.8395 started 12 games last year, hasn't played due to injury this year.

DE Michael Callahan 0.8390 played 3 games this year in reserve role

DE Isaiah Bagnah 0.8352 starting DE

On 9/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, utgrizfan said:

I could see several Big Sky schools wanting to snag him outside the Montanas (we got AJ Abbott from Oregon transferring in and MSU has Mellot who is great when he is healthy) but the rest I could see interest.

Also could see other MWC, CUSA and maybe even some future AAC schools making a run at him. At the FCS level some MVFC and WAC schools perhaps outside the Big Sky. 

Would he go to Idaho?

I could see him going to ISU. I think he has a girlfriend who is enrolled at Boise State, or was a student. Not sure if she graduated. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

To be honest I was more hyped about the overall recruiting class.  The 24/7 guys called it the best G5 recruiting class of all time.  5, 4* recruits.  A ton of high 3 star recruits.  Little did I know 11 of the top 15 players or whatever would never play a down for Boise State...Thanks Harsin!

yeah, it seemed like a monster class for a G5 at the time. it's crazy how many of them never really saw the field. heck, wasn't kline rated in the top 150 or so?

On 9/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, bornontheblue said:

I could see him going to ISU. I think he has a girlfriend who is enrolled at Boise State, or was a student. Not sure if she graduated. 

She’s a cheerleader. Hank had offers out of HS from Princeton, Dartmouth, and Yale. Would make sense for him to get a high-value MBA. Either that or he’ll go back to a California school would be my prediction. Playing for the shittiest Big Sky team would not be a smart move.