Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Hank to the portal.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:12 AM, JADogs05 said:

HMHB posted a thread on his commitment titled "this deserves main board treatment" and a ton of Boise fans were bragging about how program-defining it was. It was nauseating, but mostly because everybody else was super jealous, lol. 

If HHMB posts the market is going up:  SELL! 

Friday's Game Score Prediction

11-10 Aztecs

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Holy hell, how does he have two years left.  It seems like he's been there forever already.

Some guys are like that, it seemed like Shane Skove was at Stanford for a decade (he started as a true freshman, then had a medical redshirt) so he was really only there for 5 years.  But it seemed like a lot longer.

I can't believe this guy has another two years to go.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, SparkysDad said:

Given this year's results, I can't understand why kids that want to win would transfer now? Maybe they don't want to be held accountable?

If I was an offensive player with the chance to work with an NFL HC as my OC, I think I'd stick around...

They shouldn't be able to get an extra year of eligibility by leaving after a few games, that should count against their years.  

Let me preface this by saying that I've watched every play from every Boise game the last three years.

I thought Hank got a raw deal from the Boise fans.  The guy had three different OC's including the numbskull whose photographic memory was so great that he forgot watching his OL get beat so badly the prior play that he called another five-man protection, slow developing pass play on the next one.

The Boise OL the past two seasons has been pretty horrendous.  I think HMHB stated Hank was the most hit QB in FBS last year - I don't doubt that at all.  I'd venture to guess he is right there again this season.

Even with the pounding he took last year and the OC's terrible play calling and system he had a 63% completion percentage, a 140 passer rating, threw for 3,000 yards and an int/attempt ratio of just 2.0% which is damn good for a QB that gets hit half as much as Hank did.

That said, he is gone and Green looks to be up.  I re-watched all of Green's plays against Oregon State today and I came away much more impressed than I did initially.  He threw the ball to the correct spot on almost every pass.  Some of the receivers dropped passes that should have been caught.  Even still his completion percentage was 69% against a defense that just held a QB who was touted as a heisman candidate to 44% - some 22% below his season average.  Green threw for 155 yards in three quarters of play.  Caleb Williams threw for just 180 yards in four quarters.

Green made a lot of good reads and his athleticism negated the porous OL.  He gives Boise the best chance to win the rest of the way given the OL troubles and getting him reps the rest of the way this year sets up the offense much better for next year.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:32 PM, 4UNLV said:

I haven't read this thread, so forgive me if this was already answered.. did Hank OPT to go into the portal, or was he TOLD to go into the portal? I know for fact this happened to a UNLV basketball player 2 or 3 years ago..

Sounds like opted.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:46 PM, Fowl said:

Let me preface this by saying that I've watched every play from every Boise game the last three years.

I thought Hank got a raw deal from the Boise fans.  The guy had three different OC's including the numbskull whose photographic memory was so great that he forgot watching his OL get beat so badly the prior play that he called another five-man protection, slow developing pass play on the next one.

The Boise OL the past two seasons has been pretty horrendous.  I think HMHB stated Hank was the most hit QB in FBS last year - I don't doubt that at all.  I'd venture to guess he is right there again this season.

Even with the pounding he took last year and the OC's terrible play calling and system he had a 63% completion percentage, a 140 passer rating, threw for 3,000 yards and an int/attempt ratio of just 2.0% which is damn good for a QB that gets hit half as much as Hank did.

That said, he is gone and Green looks to be up.  I re-watched all of Green's plays against Oregon State today and I came away much more impressed than I did initially.  He threw the ball to the correct spot on almost every pass.  Some of the receivers dropped passes that should have been caught.  Even still his completion percentage was 69% against a defense that just held a QB who was touted as a heisman candidate to 44% - some 22% below his season average.  Green threw for 155 yards in three quarters of play.  Caleb Williams threw for just 180 yards in four quarters.

Green made a lot of good reads and his athleticism negated the porous OL.  He gives Boise the best chance to win the rest of the way given the OL troubles and getting him reps the rest of the way this year sets up the offense much better for next year.

Last year was his best year on paper but we still went 7-5.  But I agree Green gives us the best chance to win.  Hank has horrendous speed so with the line issues if they get through he isn't moving.  But you can't go on last year and what he did against OSU and UTEP was inexcusable play. His stat lines were horrendously bad in both games.  If he played like last year he would probably still be here and Plough likely would be as well. So maybe I'm glad he didnt lol

On 9/26/2022 at 5:31 PM, roughrider said:

As they would do to Hank.  Difference here is this kid is fast and he has no problem running.  Big strider too.  He'll get hit less than Hank would.

He will find out quick how he responds to blind Side blitzes

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/27/2022 at 10:25 AM, Spaztecs said:

He will find out quick how he responds to blind Side blitzes

Either he has that 6th sense that some QB's have and avoids big hits or we see how tough he is and how fast he learns. 

It's bound to be a roller coaster ride for a few games at least

On 9/27/2022 at 10:45 AM, KayakArmada said:

Any idea why the books still have BSU at -6? Seems like a no brainer bet this week with all of the turmoil in Boise. Is SDSU really that bad?

I think Vegas sees the change at OC and QB as positives, not negatives, for Boise.  

On 9/27/2022 at 11:14 AM, KayakArmada said:

On less than a weeks notice? Sounds awful bullish.

I agree.

However, have you watched Boise this year?  They could not possibly be any worse at their respective jobs.  I get how Vegas is thinking, though.  Replace a disastrous OC with a guy who called plays in the NFL for a dozen years, replace a psychologically broken QB with the fan favorite athletic freak.  Dumb money will bet Boise.