Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Hank to the portal.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise had 16 of the top 50 rated recruits in the MWC in 2019. Only 3 of them are left in starting roles.

QB Hank Bachmeier 0.9114   transfer portal

LB Casey Kline 0.9023 transfer portal

TE Austin Griffin 0.8905 ineligible before arriving on campus

RB George Holani 0.8810 starter 

LB Lolani Langi 0.8700 mission after signing, ended up at Utah

WR Khyheem Waleed 0.8689 transfer portal - Arkansas State

S JL Skinner 0.8674 starter 

WR DK Blaylock 0.8568 left during first fall camp ACU

CB Markel Reed 0.8547 started opener befor season ending injury

RB Keegan Duncan 0.8537 left during first fall camp, USU then retired

QB Kaiden Bennett 0.8452 left during first fall camp, currently at Sac State

DE Dylan Hall 0.8452 left team, Juco then Arizona State

WR Shea Whiting 0.8431 1 reception for -1 yard this year

OG Ben Dooley 0.8395 started 12 games last year, hasn't played due to injury this year.

DE Michael Callahan 0.8390 played 3 games this year in reserve role

DE Isaiah Bagnah 0.8352 starting DE

Harsin.  King of recruiting.  Clown of development.

On 9/26/2022 at 2:40 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Eric Kiesau - Auburn OC, will likely be unemployed in a week or two 

You might be right. In Auburn’s next 4 games, they play three teams in the top 20, one of them being Georgia. 

They play LSU next which is 3-1.  Auburn got smoked by Penn State, so I’m not seeing a lot of hope for them in the next month

On 9/26/2022 at 3:05 PM, Jack Bauer said:

So glad we’ve got dipshit here to hold everyone accountable for everything he thinks they’ve ever said

So glad you continue to post on the MWC board. Do you hang out in HS parking lots too?

On 9/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, utenation said:

You might be right. In Auburn’s next 4 games, they play three teams in the top 20, one of them being Georgia. 

They play LSU next which is 3-1.  Auburn got smoked by Penn State, so I’m not seeing a lot of hope for them in the next month

They were talking about this on ESPN radio yesterday.  Supposedly Harsin won't make it next 2 weeks.  Boosters are really unhappy.  And this was after a WIN.  SEC land is crazy...

On 9/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, roughrider said:

Two pieces of good news in 2 days for the football program.  And I thought I'd have to wait until at least next year.

May very well have to wait until next year to see a competitive team on the field. Changes like this mid season rarely work. The time to fire Plough was last December.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, alum93 said:

They were talking about this on ESPN radio yesterday.  Supposedly Harsin won't make it next 2 weeks.  Boosters are really unhappy.  And this was after a WIN.  SEC land is crazy...

Half of the boosters wanted him fired the day he was hired.  He was not a popular hire, and for good reason.  He had no business being hired there in the first place.  

On 9/26/2022 at 3:04 PM, roughrider said:

Nope.  But Harsin has the title of 'bestest recruiter ever' with some of our fans

My favorite was "ACKCHYUALLLY our O-Line is very talented as every MWC team and a ton of P5's wanted them"  When, reality is they were all low 3 star or 2 star recruits with few if any other FBS offers and only one, the transfer, had a good offer list, even by MWC standards.  

On 9/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, alum93 said:

It was a miracle win against probably the worst team in the SEC. Mizzou missed a 26 yard FG at the end of regulation, then in OT their player just drops the ball at the one foot line. A couple of gifts.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, Spot50B said:

May very well have to wait until next year to see a competitive team on the field. Changes like this mid season rarely work. The time to fire Plough was last December.

Agree but my nightmares had Hank starting next year too.   That's over and I can sleep tonight thinking of Green and Jeanty in the backfield next year together.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:18 PM, Spot50B said:

It was a miracle win against probably the worst team in the SEC. Mizzou missed a 26 yard FG at the end of regulation, then in OT their player just drops the ball at the one foot line. A couple of gifts.

I suppose.  Then again Auburn passed on a field goal attempt prior to go for fourth and short just prior.  I guess gifts go both ways.  I'm just repeating what they were saying on the show.  They were joking that it was a non loss because of the craziness at the end.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:20 PM, alum93 said:

I suppose.  Then again Auburn passed on a field goal attempt prior to go for fourth and short just prior.  I guess gifts go both ways.  I'm just repeating what they were saying on the show.  They were joking that it was a non loss because of the craziness at the end.

The coach made a decision and Mizzou stopped them. Not a gift. I guess you could technically argue that the missed field goal was a stop too but not the fumble. The guy just dropped the ball.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:20 PM, roughrider said:

Agree but my nightmares had Hank starting next year too.   That's over and I can sleep tonight thinking of Green and Jeanty in the backfield next year together.

I get that. At least the offense has a chance to improve now. We are going to find out quickly if this offense is as unathletic and unskilled as it has appeared to start the season. My expectations are low. Hoping to see improvement as the season goes on along with something to build on. Plough wasn't trying to get fired (presumably). There had to be some rationale for sticking with Hank.