Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Hank to the portal.

On 9/26/2022 at 8:03 AM, Wyobraska said:

Time to see what Green has.  Who do you have behind him?

r-FR Taylen Green (6'-6", 220) who has elite athleticism and a huge arm, but struggles with accuracy and reads.

r-FR Sam Vidlak (6'-0", 195) who transferred from Oregon State after not feeling like he had  a fair shot there.  He throws the best ball and is the most accurate, many media members thought he'd be #2 after fall camp.

t-FR Maddox Madsen (not quite 5'-10", 200) 

r-FR Colt Folton (6'-4, 195) coaches haven't said much about him being in the mix, so I'd imagine he transfers as well after this season.

---

To add to the drama, Boise's two most important recruits are visiting this friday night, one of them quarterback CJ Tiller, whom Boise is grasping at shoelaces to get the kid to maintain his commitment (also being courted by a few PAC schools).

On 9/26/2022 at 10:19 AM, Jack Bauer said:

My bad, I thought he was a sr with a redshirt this year and one year left

It will be nice when the Covid nonsense is done in a year or two

He only played in 4 games this year, so he can use it as a RS. Plus he gets his COVID year back.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jack Bauer said:

My bad, I thought he was a sr with a redshirt this year and one year left

It will be nice when the Covid nonsense is done in a year or two

Hank was already 19 as a true freshman, too.  So he could be 25 by the time he's done playing.  Might fit in well at BYU?

On 9/26/2022 at 9:42 AM, Bob said:

Anyway, crazy it ended like this. When Backmeier signed, Donk fans were talking insane amounts of shit saying that there would be Fiesta Bowls every year and blah, blah blah

Well he did come out and pass for 450 yards on Florida State in his first college game 

Hank looked great in his first year. I thought he would be the best QB in this conference for the foreseeable future.  But then he never made any progress. Maybe even regressed. I don’t know how much of that is his fault or the coaches fault. Sad end. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 9/26/2022 at 10:45 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Hearing there are others considering as well.

Doesn't sound like an environment conducive to winning a Friday night game against SDSU this week.  And Vegas still has it as basically a tossup.

Given this year's results, I can't understand why kids that want to win would transfer now? Maybe they don't want to be held accountable?

If I was an offensive player with the chance to work with an NFL HC as my OC, I think I'd stick around...

On 9/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, SparkysDad said:

Given this year's results, I can't understand why kids that want to win would transfer now? Maybe they don't want to be held accountable?

If I was an offensive player with the chance to work with an NFL HC as my OC, I think I'd stick around...

I think the reason for right now, is you get to keep the year's eligibility by using a redshirt.  It appears much of the team admired Plough and feel like he was scapegoated.  And with the interior OL woes, it's hard to imagine the offense makes much improvement.  Unless some guys start to recover from injuries really quickly.  

On 9/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, SparkysDad said:

I think it's far more likely he was told he wasn't part of the future plans.  This saves him a season of eligibility which is a nice thing for BSU to do.  Hank agreeing to leave may also help with team chemistry.  I doubt it has anything at all to do with him not wanting to be held accountable.  This is big boy football and players take an absolute beating to try and win.  It's probably a win win for program and player.  

On 9/26/2022 at 7:49 AM, Bronco Fan 1980 said:

He must have been told by Coach Koetter that they are moving in a different direction.

His mom tweeted about the jeers and cheers when he was injured and left the field during the UT-Martin game.  Firing his OC and Avalos low-key jabs during the Koetter press conference were probably the nail in the coffin.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:45 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Hearing there are others considering as well.

Doesn't sound like an environment conducive to winning a Friday night game against SDSU this week.  And Vegas still has it as basically a tossup.

Hank made sense, because he can still use this as his RS year. I'm trying to think of someone with a RS available that would make sense to transfer know. Seyi Oladipo, maybe? It's hard to find people.

On 9/26/2022 at 9:54 AM, kingpotato said:

Hank made sense, because he can still use this as his RS year. I'm trying to think of someone with a RS available that would make sense to transfer know. Seyi Oladipo, maybe? It's hard to find people.

Billy Bowens, Stef Cobbs, both R-Sr's but could get an extra covid year?  I don't know, just saw Guerrero (who seems very connected to the program) tweet that there were others considering.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:00 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Billy Bowens, Stef Cobbs, both R-Sr's but could get an extra covid year?  I don't know, just saw Guerrero (who seems very connected to the program) tweet that there were others considering.

Both would lose this year. If they are unhappy, I guess, anyone could leave. But most leaving would lose this year of eligibility.