Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

UNLV Fires Arroyo. Why??? WTF

Just kidding. But as nuts as UNLV management has been forever, I’m sure some of you thought that could be possible. I think Arroyo is on the brink of taking the Rebs to another level where very few past coaches have spent much time at. 

He’s at a point that if you don’t take that next step, you lose momentum of the kids believing in what you’re building, and that also gets reflected in recruiting. It’s still early, but I think he’s finally about to hit 2nd gear. The conference needs a chronic problem FB program to start rising in a year like this. 

We lose easily this year.

kat.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Didn’t you go to UNLV? Is this the start of you transitioning to UNLV Convert?

Old joke, no chance. I grew up with a lot of summer time at my aunt and uncles ranch in Golden Valley, and I have a lot of family in greater Reno. Add to that I lived there for a while, and it’s a pretty natural fit. I nearly went to school there, as well. Athletics were bad when I was at UNLV, so there was never a connection there.

I also graduated from SDSU, that was back in 1987. I was a huge Aztec fan from 1983 to the mid-90’s when I moved to Vegas. Then it cooled off a bit because there was so much suckage and I was busy with school and working. 

kat.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 5:54 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Old joke, no chance. I grew up with a lot of summer time at my aunt and uncles ranch in Golden Valley, and I have a lot of family in greater Reno. Add to that I lived there for a while, and it’s a pretty natural fit. I nearly went to school there, as well. Athletics were bad when I was at UNLV, so there was never a connection there.

I also graduated from SDSU, that was back in 1987. I was a huge Aztec fan from 1983 to the mid-90’s when I moved to Vegas. Then it cooled off a bit because there was so much suckage and I was busy with school and working. 

You told me you went to Point Loma Nazarene University. Did you transfer to SDSU or are you full of 💩

On 9/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Just kidding. But as nuts as UNLV management has been forever, I’m sure some of you thought that could be possible. I think Arroyo is on the brink of taking the Rebs to another level where very few past coaches have spent much time at. 

He’s at a point that if you don’t take that next step, you lose momentum of the kids believing in what you’re building, and that also gets reflected in recruiting. It’s still early, but I think he’s finally about to hit 2nd gear. The conference needs a chronic problem FB program to start rising in a year like this. 

We lose easily this year.

I almost believed this...I've seen some crazy stuff as a Chelsea fan...congrats!