Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Turd of The Week- Week 4

Mountain Turd Conference   

114 members have voted

1. 1. The biggest turd in a conference of big turds

• Boise State loses 10-27 vs UTEP
    • Nevada 20-48 vs AFA
    • Hawaii 26-45 vs New Mexico State
    • UNM 0-38 vs LSU
    • Utah State 24-34 vs that team that Rents from the Raiders
    • CSU 10-41 vs Sac State
    • Wyoming 24-38 vs BYU

BSU losing to UTEP got my vote - Broncos were 15/16 point favorites. Desperation has set in up in Boise with staff shakeups within 24 hours of the loss. if things don't fix themselves, BSU probably sees a coaching change in December. As of right now, this is a coaching thing or has the BSU program slipped overall ?

Nevada losing to AF was expected, the only question was by how much -- The Pack scoring a few point late allowed them to cover some bets as double digit underdog. Plus AF coming off the loss to Wyoming made this one AF's game to lose.

Hawaii can barely win when at home.......don't expect the Bows to win on the road which has been an issue even in the better times. 

New Mexico getting drilled at LSu was a give. In these cases the question is: How bad will it be? Being shut out could be the biggest disappointment from this Lobo game

USU losing to UNLV not an outright surprise.......this game was a case of two teams going in opposite directions........UNLV showed they might be on the rise while USU showed they are fading from last seasons MWC contenders 

Wyoming losing to BYU not a big shocker.......the Pokes stayed in the game & showed they could be a factor in MWC play. 

CSU is just a total mess.......this loss isn't good just from the loss being to an FCS team, but this CSU team is going nowhere and the stolen hire HC from Nevada is looking like a major blunder by the CSU AD. Best thing about the CSU woes is that Nevada fans can take solace in seeing CSU reenact Custer at the Little Big Horn each week 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, VandalPride97 said:

Sec State is legit.  Probably the best coached team in the Big Sky at this point.

Half dozen worst losses ever by MWC teams against FCS opponents

North Dakota State 22, CSU 7 (2012): 15  pts.

Illinois St. 35, CSU 19 (2018): 16 pts.

So. Dakota 42, CSU 23 (2021): 19 pts.

E. Illinois 40, SDSU 19 (2013): 21 pts.

So. Utah 41, UNLV 16 (2011): 25 pts.

Sac St. 41, CSU 10 (2022): 31 pts.

SDSU and UNLV deserve props for keeping the Colorado State University company on two occasions. However, nothing screams INEPTITUDE like 4 losses to FCS opponents of more than 14 points in a single decade.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:28 AM, VandalPride97 said:

Sec State is legit.  Probably the best coached team in the Big Sky at this point.

I raise you a Weber State

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Half dozen worst losses ever by MWC teams against FCS opponents

North Dakota State 22, CSU 7 (2012): 15  pts.

Illinois St. 35, CSU 19 (2018): 16 pts.

So. Dakota 42, CSU 23 (2021): 19 pts.

E. Illinois 40, SDSU 19 (2013): 21 pts.

So. Utah 41, UNLV 16 (2011): 25 pts.

Sac St. 41, CSU 10 (2022): 31 pts.

SDSU and UNLV deserve props for keeping the Colorado State University company on two occasions. However, nothing screams INEPTITUDE like 4 losses to FCS opponents of more than 14 points in a single decade.

Most of those are CSU. They should fold their program or drop down a level :rotflmfao:

On 9/26/2022 at 8:30 AM, Spaztecs said:

I raise you a Weber State

I see your raise and add in Montana.

Big Sky is packed with great programs.  Here are the conference rankings - 5 teams in the top 15.  It's going to be rough to crack the top 5, but Eastern is having a down year and Weber might fuk up because they don't have an offense.  Maybe we get Montana State, but Montana and Sac State are going to wreck everyone.

1.  Montana  (#2)

2. Montana State (#4)

3. Sac State (#6)

4. Weber  (#12)

5.  Eastern (#15)

6.  Idaho (#24)

On 9/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, VandalPride97 said:

I see your raise and add in Montana.

Big Sky is packed with great programs.  Here are the conference rankings - 5 teams in the top 15.  It's going to be rough to crack the top 5, but Eastern is having a down year and Weber might fuk up because they don't have an offense.  Maybe we get Montana State, but Montana and Sac State are going to wreck everyone.

1.  Montana  (#2)

2. Montana State (#4)

3. Sac State (#6)

4. Weber  (#12)

5.  Eastern (#15)

6.  Idaho

bigbird-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-others.gif

On 9/26/2022 at 12:29 PM, kingpotato said:

bigbird-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-others.gif

It takes a lot of balls to say this sort of thing after getting asspounded by UTEP, firing your OC, sending your starting QB to the portal and basically scrapping the entire season due to deep deficiencies on both sides of the ball.   Shit, I wish we played you this year.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:43 AM, VandalPride97 said:

It takes a lot of balls to say this sort of thing after getting asspounded by UTEP, firing your OC, sending your starting QB to the portal and basically scrapping the entire season due to deep deficiencies on both sides of the ball.   Shit, I wish we played you this year.

glengarry-glen-ross-brass-armed.gif

On 9/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, kingpotato said:

Great movie

It was OK.  Too slow for my taste, but then again, I might not be the best source because I gave a presentation on how Raging Bull was a piece of shit that deserved no accolades.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:04 AM, VandalPride97 said:

It was OK.  Too slow for my taste, but then again, I might not be the best source because I gave a presentation on how Raging Bull was a piece of shit that deserved no accolades.

It's not for everybody

On 9/26/2022 at 10:36 AM, WYO1016 said:

Can't believe that CSU saw Boise crap themselves and thought they should one-up them, but here we are.

CSU is never to be outdone!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater