Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Avalos fires Plough! Dirk Koetter to take over as OC.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:08 PM, slappy said:

Dirk is likely thinking they got kids running this program that know less than my wife about football.  Why would I win games for them.  I should be the head coach. 

Probably some of that, but he alluded to NIL, recruiting, and the transfer portal as being the reasons why he couldn’t handle the grind long term. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:20 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Probably some of that, but he alluded to NIL, recruiting, and the transfer portal as being the reasons why he couldn’t handle the grind long term. 

https://www.bronconationnews.com/in-coaching-swan-song-dirk-koetter-hopes-to-help-boise-state-offense-find-success-i-felt-i-could-maybe-make-a-difference/

“The grind part of coaching is real and this is year 40 for me doing it and that’s why I wasn’t doing it anymore, because I had had enough,” Koetter said. “But this is a short-term endeavor and I can do my part and I’m asking those guys to do theirs and they did that last week. They did a good job of that.”

Asked to clarify that he was 100 percent done after this season, Koetter said, “Yes, this is short-term. This is a young man’s game. These guys, if you know how hard these guys worked with the whole recruiting thing, transfer portal, NIL, this is a young man’s game and I’m not a young man.”