Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Avalos fires Plough! Dirk Koetter to take over as OC.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:26 PM, Fowl said:

It’s going to look like the offense previously. You’re delusional if you think he’s going to install a brand new offense in less than a week. He’s got to run the same playbook that Plough ran. Otherwise your offense will be even worse than last week.

The only difference is going to be in play calling which is going to be a huge help. He’s not going to be able to “fix” the OL this far into the season. The talent on the OL is almost as bad as SDSU’s. You can’t fix that. You just need to call plays to ameliorate that deficiency. 

Expect heavy doses of Holani and lots of play action off of that. Non-play action passes will be quick hitters - what you used to see under Harsin and Peterson to a large extent. Hitches, swing passes, slants, etc.  

The SDSU coaching staff knows all of this so it won’t be much of a surprise. Koetter might be able to install five new plays this week - maybe. There’s just not enough time in the week to be able to install many new things. 

I agree. The biggest difference will be the Instant injection of accountability into the locker room. No more O line half assing it, or WR just just going through the motions. Mediocrity will not be tolerated. 100% effort will be expected 

Also, who knows if he will start Green, which adds a whole new level of Athleticism into the mix. 

Yes, game days we should notice better play calling.  And in time execution of the plays. 

The big add is practices, film room and positional meetings.  He hasn't been at practices, etc and now that changes.  The offensive coaching staff now reports to an NFL OC.   The players are now listening to a pro OC, not Ted Lasso

On 9/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, bornontheblue said:

I agree. The biggest difference will be the Instant injection of accountability into the locker room. No more O line half assing it, or WR just just going through the motions. Mediocrity will not be tolerated. 100% effort will be expected 

Also, who knows if he will start Green, which adds a whole new level of Athleticism into the mix. 

I also think he is going to have a calming influence on Hank as well as calling plays that make it easier for Hank to get the ball out quickly on high percentage throws.  That should boost Hanks confidence and make him play better.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, Fowl said:

I also think he is going to have a calming influence on Hank as well as calling plays that make it easier for Hank to get the ball out quickly on high percentage throws.  That should boost Hanks confidence and make him play better.

Agree with this.  He got more out of Jameis Winston than I ever though possible.  And Winston praised him for it.  The question in Boise is do the fans have the patience because the rest of this season could be real rocky.  Don't think you fix a mentally broken QB in  a week.

On 9/24/2022 at 8:03 PM, spc_ops said:

You've heard it here first. Koetter will be the head coach next year.

He'll go retro with some of his staff.  Here's a head start for you:

Quintin Mikell - DC

Kellen Moore - OC

Brock Forsey - RB coach

Bart Hendricks - QB coach

And please bring back the classic "Broncos" text from the late 90s-2001 to the helmets too.

image.png.9339becfb002fc9e6181587ef3237f64.png

On 9/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We'll get more than Wyoming...

Again, BOHL is your coach.  The guy with a gaping vagina who refuses to fire poor performing coaches.  BOHL.  Lol.  

I would take Andy over Bohl any day.  We don't know if Andy can make Boise competitive again, we know Bohl can't do that with Wyoming...

Honest question, why do you do this? are you doing this for your own entertainment or do you think it proves a point? Who cares what fans of other teams say? We suck right now. It’s true. Just either agree with him or ignore him.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Honest question, why do you do this? are you doing this for your own entertainment or do you think it proves a point? Who cares what fans of other teams say? We suck right now. It’s true. Just either agree with him or ignore him.

Spy, +++++ off.  lol.  

Tell the truth Sunday. 
BSU is not a good team due to lack of OL, DL and skilled position talent.  And a lousy head coach.  OCs do not play.  Plough is the excuse boy in Boise.  Fire the proven loser Avalos instead.

Avalos is gonna have another year and Danielson has already proven to be a good DC.

I expect either Koetter will be the OC til he doesn't wanna do it anymore or Harsin will be back as OC next year after Auburn fires him. But $250,000 isn't gonna cut it for an OC.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 9/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, Reverend said:

Avalos is gonna have another year and Danielson has already proven to be a good DC.

I expect either Koetter will be the OC til he doesn't wanna do it anymore or Harsin will be back as OC next year after Auburn fires him. But $250,000 isn't gonna cut it for an OC.

Avalos must be twitchy about Koetter being in the house.  No doubt Dickey is tired of Avalos incompetence.  Dirk is a natural replacement, an insider,  in-place to right the sinking BSU ship.

On 9/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, jdgaucho said:

Jersey Shore Jsfv GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Yep, Dirk is the guy that got the two decade run started for Boise State. Hopefully he can reignite the flame. He’s got a huge challenge in front of him and it’s not going to happen overnight. I just want to see some progress with our offense over the rest of the season. 

I also think this is a one time temporary thing for him and we’ll be looking for another OC next year. 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:52 AM, King Spartan said:

As an outsider, I wonder if this was something that couldn't wait until the offseason.

This should have happened last off season

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor