Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Avalos fires Plough! Dirk Koetter to take over as OC.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:37 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Avalos showing he has the balls to make changes and is not devoted to any one coach.  Really good to see.  Not sure Koetter can fix the mess on offense given the lack of overall talent, but an NFL quality OC sure can not hurt.  

The time to make a bold choice was at the end of last season. He was backed into a corner and really had no other option at this point.  I like Andy and hope he succeeds but if he isn't able to pull out of this, that decision will be reason #1.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:42 PM, Spot50B said:

The time to make a bold choice was at the end of last season. He was backed into a corner and really had no other option at this point.  I like Andy and hope he succeeds but if he isn't able to pull out of this, that decision will be reason #1.

We're just lucky Koetter was in town and working with the program.  Not a lot of teams can hire a guy of his quality on short notice, let alone for pennies.  

On 9/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, VandalPride97 said:

WTF?  You guys were lining up to suck his...thumb...earlier.  

It required  blood sacrifice, I get it.

I called BS on Plough shortly after he was hired.  He lost my confidence the next week after claiming to have a photographic memory.  

On 9/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We're just lucky Koetter was in town and working with the program.  Not a lot of teams can hire a guy of his quality on short notice, let alone for pennies.  

Why would you only pay him pennies? Broncos need to pony up and pay the man for saving your program, lol.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, 4UNLV said:

Why would you only pay him pennies? Broncos need to pony up and pay the man for saving your program, lol.

I hope we are paying him at least a salary comparable to other top G5 coordinators but I doubt we are.  Not sure he is saving the program just yet, there is not a lot to work with on offense.  The O-line and WR's are the least talented units Boise has had on offense in years.  Hank is still a head case.  I'm really hoping he decides to stick around as OC in 2023.  This is a TOTAL charity move on his part to help the program he loves lol.  

Thank God! Plough should have never been given another season in the first place, but at least Andy isn't too stubborn to correct his mistakes.

I'd have more sympathy for Plough if he hadn't made all those ridiculous comments about having a photographic memory and never looking at the scoreboard until he scores 50. You can't talk like that before you've coached a single game at this level and then field the worst offense ever. Hopefully it's a learning experience for him and he approaches his next coaching job, wherever it may be, with more humility.

0mK6pGK.png

On 9/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I called BS on Plough shortly after he was hired.  He lost my confidence the next week after claiming to have a photographic memory.  

I can't talk about photographic memory because the I've used booze to induce retrograde amnesia to forget about every game under Petrino.