Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

SEL is the new CRT

Probably another attack to try to push people away from public schools. The more negative labels they can place on education practices in public schools, the more they can try to replace them with private and home-schooling.

I saw this Samuel Adams quote recently and it just seems appropriate here.

"For no People will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can they easily be subdued, where Knowledge is diffusd and Virtue preservd . On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own Weight, without the Aid of foreign Invaders."

Minimize who is taught what and allowing bad behavior to be the norm seems to be the direction some want to take the US. If that continues Adams may end up correct.

Chris Rufo must need to make a car payment, so he's invented a new culture war target to attack public schools.  Republicans hate any sense of empathy or social connection for people, almost as much as they hate public education.

Who knew that teaching people to not bully was Marxist?

On 9/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in schools is now being targeted as the newest "Marxist" idea by Republicans and the far-right.

From Kevin McCarthy's "Commitment to America" press conference yesterday.

And already on social media it is being labeled a repackaged CRT:

You’re completely brain dead if you don’t think elements of CRT are being taught from schools, corporations to the military. You clearly don’t understand what CRT is if you think that. My fave buzzword is the “micro aggression” that boogie man the left is so fearful of. Fvcking hilariously stupid. 

kat.jpg

On 9/24/2022 at 5:31 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Then ask mom and dad at dinner tonight if they’ll take that child filter off your internet access and let you out of the house.

I went to college in-person (minus after covid), surely I should've been subjected to this indoctrination already?

I have only seen that term used online, but even then it's not used particularly often

On 9/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Maji said:

I went to college in-person (minus after covid), surely I shouldve been subjected to this indoctrination already?

You have to be in the right class to hear it in college. They work in hard in elementary school especially. Then corporate HR’s are heavy on it as required training. I’ve had it with 2 of my last 3 employers. 

kat.jpg

On 9/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, Nevada Convert said:

You have to be in the right class to hear it in college. They work in hard in elementary school especially. Then corporate HR’s are heavy on it as required training. I’ve had it with 2 of my last 3 employers. 

surprised you didn't fall asleep during yours

I've got multiple younger siblings. I'll go ask if their classes talk about "micro aggressions" often

EDIT: asked the first one. the answer was no. shockingly, school is too busy teaching about things like "quadratic equations," which they'll "never use in real life"

On 9/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, Nevada Convert said:

No elementary school is teaching CRT, connie.  

On 9/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No elementary school is teaching CRT, connie.  

They absolutely are, drumstick. Elements of it, and it’s been proven a gazillion times. Little kids can’t understand the broad scope of CRT, it’s a college level course. But the principles of it absolutely are, and since you’re such a whacked Black Lives Matter Chapter hugging Marxist sympathizer, you want it taught. So eat poopie. 

kat.jpg