Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

Toledo vs SDSU Game Thread

On 9/24/2022 at 4:19 PM, robe said:

Solid win. I would say an improvement this week. Toledo is usually a good team 

You think it gets us out of the Bottom 25?

LOL

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I have to say that the 3rd quarter, when Flinn, the Toledo starting QB was out getting his ankle taped, and Burmeister was, well, Burmeister, was the most inept quarterbacking display I’ve ever seen in my life. Burmeister’s QB rating for the game was 28.6. I would never have believed you could win a game with a rating that low. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 9/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I have to say that the 3rd quarter, when Flinn, the Toledo starting QB was out getting his ankle taped, and Burmeister was, well, Burmeister, was the most inept quarterbacking display I’ve ever seen in my life. Burmeister’s QB rating for the game was 28.6. I would never have believed you could win a game with a rating that low. 

It's San Diego State

AmIrite ?

:shrug:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/25/2022 at 8:12 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

How do we explain that final drive? I mean, he actually hit 2 passes right on the money.  Where was that the previous 58 mins? Did Toledo go prevent? 

Another question for you, were you surprised we were in gun w Byrd in the backfield at the 1 on that final TD?

I was expecting us to go under center w Armstead in there to pound it in. Byrd walked in untouched, but I was figuring w our luck we’d get a bad snap, and be trying to punch it in from the 5. 

On 9/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, dshawfan said:

How do we explain that final drive? I mean, he actually hit 2 passes right on the money.  Where was that the previous 58 mins? Did Toledo go prevent? 

Another question for you, were you surprised we were in gun w Byrd in the backfield at the 1 on that final TD?

I was expecting us to go under center w Armstead in there to pound it in. Byrd walked in untouched, but I was figuring w our luck we’d get a bad snap, and be trying to punch it in from the 5. 

Somehow, someway, they managed to score despite consecutive false start penalties.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, dshawfan said:

The success of the final drive was beyond my comprehension. It was in stark contrast to the offense for the entire game with the exception of the two earlier runs by Byrd. In my mind our offensive problems are pretty pervasive. Our receivers don’t get separation. Burmeister can’t go through reads. He immediately looks at his primary target. If that receiver is covered he immediately goes into scramble mode. When he does throw it he tends to overthrow. Receivers don’t pay attention to the first down marker. And while I think people are often too quick to blame problems on coaching our play-calling is abysmal. During much of the game Toledo played with all 11 defenders in the box. Why wouldn’t you? Even on 3rd and long they only dropped one safety back 12 yards or so. We never established any kind of passing attack (excepting the last two passes) and routinely ran the ball on 3rd and long (leading to 9 punts).

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say