Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State at UTEP

Good news for expansion is it's dead for a while.  Be great this year and suck next year and who cares?   This is a major rebuild we're looking at so 2-3 years before goodness if all is done right.

But we're a basketball school now.  Ask UNLV if they can remember what that means (it's been a while).  It means football gonna suck.    Go Leon!

On 9/24/2022 at 11:18 AM, masterfrog said:

You Boise fans need to get tougher. I don’t want to hear any more talk about giving up your degrees. With supply chain issues where they’re at, we all need truckers more than ever. 

Coming from an outside perspective, I have never understood making fun of truckers. I work in real estate and shipping is huge money and we have a large Russian/Ukrainian population that are all in shipping and many of them on my clients and they make well over a quarter million a year.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, roughrider said:

You're thinking in absolutes.  Our best program is our Men's Basketball program and it's just getting warmed up.  

Plus it was a F'ing joke.  Thanks for playing

You are thinking in absolutes too. Boise may still beat one of the better teams in the league while losing to CSU or something. You can't be sarcastic while simultaneously chastising others for being the same.

No one becomes a basketball school after one marginally successful season. 

On 9/24/2022 at 12:43 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Coming from an outside perspective, I have never understood making fun of truckers. I work in real estate and shipping is huge money and we have a large Russian/Ukrainian population that are all in shipping and many of them on my clients and they make well over a quarter million a year.

yah..."trucking and shipping"...lol

On 9/24/2022 at 1:41 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

The problem is that he has no passion or fire. I have consistently referred to him as an orange county dude chillin’ with his bros. Plus he seems really risk-averse and his coach speak is nauseating.

You think Andy is a dude bro?

On 9/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, SAMO said:

yah..."trucking and shipping"...lol

Trucking is shipping. I just don’t get making fun of a trade that pays good money. Starbucks is full of barista‘s with philosophy degrees. The majority of college is one giant scam. And that’s coming from someone who went to a very reputable university with a usable degree.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:46 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Trucking is shipping. I just don’t get making fun of a trade that pays good money. Starbucks is full of barista‘s with philosophy degrees. The majority of college is one giant scam. And that’s coming from someone who went to a very reputable university with a usable degree.

Oh, I misunderstood your point. I think I got you now. Yes, what else they might be doing is definitely up for debate. Lol.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:46 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

just sayin...lots of Italian dudes worked in "sanitation" and lived in brownstones...lol

On 9/24/2022 at 12:46 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Oh, I misunderstood your point. I think I got you now. Yes, what else they might be doing is definitely up for debate. Lol.

yah...wasn't bagging on the fact that they purport to be truckers...just was more pointing out there could be more than meets the eye...lol

there's definitely a lot of money in trucking...especially right now...so i guess its possible they're honest about it...but...would be pretty dubious about that fact...lol

On 9/24/2022 at 1:43 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

The joke around here isn't making fun of truckers, it's making fun of Boise State for offering degrees/certificates in truck driving. Very different thing, man.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:59 PM, Brew_Poke said:

The joke around here isn't making fun of truckers, it's making fun of Boise State for offering degrees/certificates in truck driving. Very different thing, man.

Offered 

That program went to the community college years ago.