Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State at UTEP

On 9/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure was.  Harsin is a shit coach, Andy sucking just does not change that fact.

Boise won't stand for mediocrity, we are not Wyoming.  Changes will be made.  You will still have Bohl until he retires and you will still be married to an ogre for a wife.  

Typical Bronco fan.  How easily you have forgotten that coaching matters.  Been spoiled by some good ones.  Harsin’s numbers won’t be duplicated for 20 years at least.  You can’t see how far Avalos has set this program back.  This is the type of stuff I am always right about.  When I tell you a coach sucks when he gets the job, I am always right.  Every day you keep Avalos damage is done, whether you can comprehend it or not.   Good luck at winning more games than Las Vegas this year.  That is the current state of your program right now.  

On 9/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, robe said:

You couldn’t turn the channel just like me. I was thinking the comeback might happen. I was shocked at how UTEP offense just manhandled BSU run defense. 

I suspect BSU will rebound and beat BYU. Probably even more must see TV for folks in this neighborhood. 

That defense was tired. TOP was 2/1 in favor of UTEP.  They were also demoralized. Kept giving up long 3rd down conversions. That's on the coaches.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:36 AM, slappy said:

Typical Bronco fan.  How easily you have forgotten that coaching matters.  Been spoiled by some good ones.  Harsin’s numbers won’t be duplicated for 20 years at least.  You can’t see how far Avalos has set this program back.  This is the type of stuff I am always right about.  When I tell you a coach sucks when he gets the job, I am always right.  Every day you keep Avalos damage is done, whether you can comprehend it or not.   Good luck at winning more games than Las Vegas this year.  That is the current state of your program right now.  

Jesus you are smug and douchy.  Confidence = insecurity braddah. You're not wrong about the need for a change, but all this horseshit about how you've always known is a canard and all the talk about a 20 year setback is wishful thinking. It doesn't take much to be competitive in the MWC. I think you're mostly afraid you'll be stuck with Bohl forever.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:28 AM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

We've been standing for mediocrity for years already. That's how things got this bad in the first place.

Harsin getting an automatic contract extension for 8 wins was the moment excellence stopped being the goal and this program started resting on its laurels.

Bonuses for Bowl Games and Contract extensions for winning 8 games are what the stuff of mediocrity.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, slappy said:

You want to talk about TBSUF's?

image.png.52856a4b1e861716fd12700aa6d1b658.png

On 9/24/2022 at 11:51 AM, masterfrog said:

Boise State is going to run the table and get the Access Bowl. 

Just no…. They will win some games but no way in hell they run the table.  I’m also not saying they won’t beat Wyoming but somebody will beat them at least one more time this year.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:36 AM, slappy said:

A really good coach does matter, but coaching is just a part of that. Recruiting, inspiring students and the community to support the program, who to recruit, how to recruit, developing a staff…….the list is long. There are great coaches at the G5 level that have walked in and taken zero or 1 loss teams and gotten them into the Top 25 in the second or 3rd year. Fresno, SJSU and Houston in recent times come to mind. I think even UCF. I’m sure there’s more. Avalos sucks, but he isn’t doing any permanent damage to Boise. That’s total bullshit.

kat.jpg

On 9/24/2022 at 1:51 PM, masterfrog said:

Boise State is going to run the table and get the Access Bowl. 

I expect to lose every game left on the schedule, except for maybe CSU and Nevada (and even losing those games wouldn't shock me) unless a change is made at OC. It would take a miracle to get to the Toilet Bowl, let alone the Access Bowl.

0mK6pGK.png

On 9/24/2022 at 11:23 AM, Brew_Poke said:

They should hire the Weber State guy, honestly. That guy's +++++ing hungry.

agreed...that dude is going places...Troy Taylor from Sac State is going to be a great hire for someone at some point too...lol