Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State at UTEP

On 9/24/2022 at 7:30 AM, Bob said:

Boise trying to play football: 

image.gif.1f4e9fddc46e4090c769c2bdae58cd21.gif

Pretty accurate, actually. Except the horse is moving forwards instead of backwards.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:18 AM, robe said:

I wonder what the TV rating was. BSU has been so good for so long that this was actually a highly entertaining game. 

I assume a number of people tuned in to enjoy this game.  Probably as the game progressed more and more people tuned in. It was must see TV. Probably the best game of the year so far. I have to admit I enjoyed it more than my BYU games. 

BSU in a loss to a losing CUSA team can still bring an audience. 

I would think the tv networks are still rather pleased with BSU.

I kept waiting for that spark… that ‘snatching victory from the jaws of defeat’ moment. I thought it was when BSU started to go uptempo, and that ensuing TD was prototypical Boise… then it stopped.

Then I thought Avalos would make the switch and QB, and I was expecting to see Taylen Green (I think that’s his name), any second, but only saw shots of him tossing passes on the sideline.

The ‘AllSpark” never materialized last night for Los Broncos. A big blow to the conference, as a one loss BSU would still have some cache’. Hope BSU can get healthy again soon. Sucks to be missing so many starters. Happened to UNM (covid), when we lost there, last year.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 9/24/2022 at 5:33 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

Let’s not embellish.  

Who's embellishing? 

In the recent US News & World Report rankings, CSU is tied w/CSU-Diego (the two MWC schools I attended) for #1 in the MWC.  The Juco is ranked dead last.  

How am I embellishing?

NOTE:  As a military, academy the USAFA is ranked in a different category 

On 9/24/2022 at 7:26 AM, Bob said:

The mystique is gone!

Now all is left is that ridiculous blue carpet.

It always has been rather, well,

amateurish.

It also screams, "Look at us ! "

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, slappy said:

Culture was broken?   That is so funny.  Enjoy Avalos and losing to north Texas.  

Sure was.  Harsin is a shit coach, Andy sucking just does not change that fact.

Boise won't stand for mediocrity, we are not Wyoming.  Changes will be made.  You will still have Bohl until he retires and you will still be married to an ogre for a wife.  

On 9/24/2022 at 9:37 AM, LoboMan59 said:

I kept waiting for that spark… that ‘snatching victory from the jaws of defeat’ moment. I thought it was when BSU started to go uptempo, and that ensuing TD was prototypical Boise… then it stopped.

Then I thought Avalos would make the switch and QB, and I was expecting to see Taylen Green (I think that’s his name), any second, but only saw shots of him tossing passes on the sideline.

The ‘AllSpark” never materialized last night for Los Broncos. A big blow to the conference, as a one loss BSU would still have some cache’. Hope BSU can get healthy again soon. Sucks to be missing so many starters. Happened to UNM (covid), when we lost there, last year.

You couldn’t turn the channel just like me. I was thinking the comeback might happen. I was shocked at how UTEP offense just manhandled BSU run defense. 

I suspect BSU will rebound and beat BYU. Probably even more must see TV for folks in this neighborhood. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:57 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure was.  Harsin is a shit coach, Andy sucking just does not change that fact.

Boise won't stand for mediocrity, we are not Wyoming.  Changes will be made.  You will still have Bohl until he retires.  

I can see BSU becoming Nebraska light if they have the trigger finger on the fire button. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:57 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise won't stand for mediocrity

We've been standing for mediocrity for years already. That's how things got this bad in the first place.

Harsin getting an automatic contract extension for 8 wins was the moment excellence stopped being the goal and this program started resting on its laurels.

0mK6pGK.png