Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State at UTEP

UTEP (1-3, 0-1) vs. Boise State (2-1, 1-0)
Date: Friday, Sept. 23
Time: 7:00 p.m. MT
Venue: Sun Bowl Stadium (45,971)
Twitter Updates: @UTEPFB
Game Sponsor: GECU

TV: CBS Sports Network
PxP: Rich Waltz
Analyst: Aaron Taylor
Sideline: Sheree Burruss

On 9/23/2022 at 9:10 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

First time Boise has played a game in Texas in 18 years.  

well they did play like a quarter of the 2018 first responder bowel...lol

though i guess that was ultimately declared "no contest"...lol

On 9/23/2022 at 12:31 PM, utenation said:

BSU fans, is this going to be an ass kicking? I know nothing about a 1-3 UTEP team. 

UTEP hasn't scored more than 13 in a game all year, and their offense is an air-raid style.  Andy likes to play a dime defense and keep everything underneath, and hope our pass rush can create big defensive plays. 

On offense, Boise's interior OL has really been struggling trying to run the ball and pass protect.  Boise really needs Dooley and Randolph (and honestly guard Farrar and center KHG also look like they are playing hurt or somehow got worse this year) to get healthy again.  UTEPs strongest unit is their defensive line.  So could be a struggle again on offense.  The media has shifted the blame from OC Plough to HC Avalos - who reportedly wants to slow things down on offense and grind out the clock.  Could backfire if UTEP passing game finds some rhythm.  I still think Boise has enough talent to win this one easily, but it will probably be something like last weeks game.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:40 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Also haven't heard anything about Hank.  He left last week's game with what looked like a possible concussion (same with MLB Zeke Noa).

Maybe Taylen Green gets his first start?

How many concussions has Hank had now?  Maybe I'm remembering more than actually happened but he might want to start to think about his life after football.  

On 9/23/2022 at 3:43 PM, Wyobraska said:

How many concussions has Hank had now?  Maybe I'm remembering more than actually happened but he might want to start to think about his life after football.  

You are not misremembering, Hank has taken more hits than any 4 year QB I recall watching.  A lot of speculation that his regression might be due to that.  

On 9/23/2022 at 2:43 PM, Wyobraska said:

Probably a few, but not sure he's had any confirmed.  Played in all 12 games in 2021 and much of the season with a torn meniscus.  In 2020 missed a couple games because of Covid.  He got hit hard by a Hawai'i player in 2019 an missed the BYU game with a hip injury.  And then missed another 5 straight games with an undisclosed injury, but didn't seem to happen during the SJSU game that year because he played the entire game.