Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4rowsup

NFL Come on man

On 9/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, Thursday night football used to be on Fox. This year they switched to Amazon Prime. Since my wife shops on AP a lot we get the game for “free”.  😎

Here in the LA market last week's Thursday night game was on Fox affiliate KTTV 11. It was the Amazon feed, so I'm sure they paid KTTV and probably some other major market stations to air the Thursday night broadcast for one game to plug their product. 

Get used to it.  11 year deal at a billion per.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, crixus said:

Here in the LA market last week's Thursday night game was on the Fox affiliate KTTV 11. It was the Amazon feed, so I'm sure they paid KTTV and probably some other major market stations to air the Thursday night broadcast for one game just to plug their product. 

Local markets only get the game OTA each week.  Part of the agreement with the NFL. So this week its Pitt and Cleve.  And the stations will be paying for the rights, not the other way around.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:48 PM, RSF said:

Local markets only get the game OTA each week.  Part of the agreement with the NFL. So this week its Pitt and Cleve.  And the stations will be paying for the rights, not the other way around.

Thats good to know, there are some Rams fans on this board. It doesn't help me though, I'm a Packers fan in SoCal. 😉

On 9/23/2022 at 2:28 PM, battle.borne said:

Not great for the consumer no matter how you slice it.  

In what way?  It's really no different than Sunday Ticket (which has been around 28 years).  Local fans still get it free via OTA, the rest pay for it.

BTW...NFL Sunday Ticket is heading to a streaming service next year.  Only question is which one.  So, again, get used to it.

On 9/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, Bob said:

The broadcast quality sucks. It goes grainy for stretches and the audio gets out of sync with the video and I have to reload it to get it going. I see no benefits to the consumer vs regular TV

Depends on your Internet connection.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:38 PM, Bob said:

The broadcast quality sucks. It goes grainy for stretches and the audio gets out of sync with the video and I have to reload it to get it going. I see no benefits to the consumer vs regular TV

thats what you get for living in the sticks...lol

On 9/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, SAMO said:

thats what you get for living in the sticks...lol

I thought my internet was good. Nothing else I stream has this problem. I stream sports on CBS, NBC, FOX ESPN, MWC Network and those work fine :shrug:

On 9/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, Bob said:

I thought my internet was good. Nothing else I stream has this problem. I stream sports on CBS, NBC, FOX ESPN, MWC Network and those work fine :shrug:

You know several of those use AWS (Amazon Web Services) as their backbone.

AWS is the back-end provider for Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, HBO Max, Discovery+, and of course, Amazon Prime.

https://prospect.org/power/amazon-web-services-controls-virtually-everything-you-watch/

On 9/23/2022 at 2:08 PM, RSF said:

You know several of those use AWS (Amazon Web Services) as their backbone.

AWS is the back-end provider for Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, HBO Max, Discovery+, and of course, Amazon Prime.

All I can say is this is the second week in a row that the Thursday night game has had issues for me. I'm sure I can't be the only one

On 9/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, Bob said:

All I can say is this is the second week in a row that the Thursday night game has had issues for me. I'm sure I can't be the only one

And I'm sure you're not the only one that needs an upgrade.  Because the future is coming.