UNLV2001

MLB Discussion

I consider Joltin' Joe's streak to be unbreakable. ⚾

On another note, back in April I predicted a 110 win season for the Dodgers. My brother in law mocked me, he's a Padres fan. The Dodgers got win 108 tonight @ San Diego, so 110 (or more) with 6 games to play is looking like a lock. Go Blue!

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 11:37 AM, MrBug708 said:

I think the hitting streak is plausible to break though unlikely. Strikeouts, wins, consecutive games, losses all seem unlikely with how they treat players and how they are developed.

Good point. Nobody is touching Cy or Walter Johnson. 250 wins might as well be 350 nowadays.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:49 PM, soupslam1 said:

I never though anyone would break Gehrig’s record, but Ripken did. I suspect someone will eventually break DiMaggio’s record. I think the longevity record would be hardest to break. Is any active player even close? 

Nobody is anywhere near close to the Iron Man record. The closest ended earlier this year at around 500 games, and the next closest had a little over 200. 

Pretty much no stat accumulation record on the pitching side (with the possible exception of saves) is remotely in play in today's game.  200 wins is the new 300.  

On 9/30/2022 at 8:08 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Somebody would intentionally walk a guy all game before letting them get that record now.  

Go Braves!

Reminds me of the Red Sox pitching to Aaron Judge last week. 

On 9/29/2022 at 11:00 PM, crixus said:

I consider Joltin' Joe's streak to be unbreakable. ⚾

On another note, back in April I predicted a 110 win season for the Dodgers. My brother in law mocked me, he's a Padres fan. The Dodgers got win 108 tonight @ San Diego, so 110 (or more) with 6 games to play is looking like a lock. Go Blue!

Giants fan here (but my wife and in-laws are big Dodgers fans so I have been subjected to a LOT of games over the years), this Dodgers team is one of the best TEAMS I have ever seen. They just find ways to win, and it isn't limited to any player or even style. They win every way you can win. It is just amazing. 

I will be rooting for them and would be shocked if they didn't go all the way this year.

• Like 1