Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lobo-tomy

Battle in the Bayou!! Lobos vs Tiger thread

Lobo defense played it’s heart out tonight. Unfortunately the offense did absolutely nothing to help them out. That being said, MW opponents better know they are going to be in an all out dog fight when they face the Lobos. If the offense ever gets it right things could get very interesting. 

That went about the way I expected. Actually surprised the margin was less than 40, and I didn’t think we’d score.  The goal was to get there, don’t get anyone hurt (we didn’t, they did), grab that paycheck, and bail… mission accomplished.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

If any Lobo fans didn't think scoring zero points wasn't just possible, but likely then I want some of what you're having. 

That said, still proud of the team. I'm putting this ineptitude on the coaches. We have no offensive identity and the players aren't being put in a position to success. I can't wait for the Vegas game. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

I guess we could say the Lobos scored $1.6 million.

@robe I wish we wouldn't take these games. It is fun to attend games at these stadiums, which I was going to do until work intervened. But it just kills momentum. I don't think the fanbase is sophisticated enough to treat these games for what they are, a paycheck. They see a loss and it's eeee, the lobos still suck, let's go to the lake. 

I know UNM and BYU fish in different recruiting ponds and there isn't a real program benefit to playing, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, it would be fun to have BYU on the schedule again. Maybe a home and home every decade for us old timers. There would be interest. 

This thread reflected the general interest of the game. Woof woof woof

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

In the postgame, Coach said he told the OC "It ain't good enough". Little unusual; Danny generally doesn't throw people under the bus, but he's not wrong. Granted it's LSU, but there were times in the first half on third and shorts where the playcalling was...interesting. I don't care who you are, you aren't beating SEC DB's and 'backers to the corner wide.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:24 AM, lobo-tomy said:

I guess we could say the Lobos scored $1.6 million.

@robe I wish we wouldn't take these games. It is fun to attend games at these stadiums, which I was going to do until work intervened. But it just kills momentum. I don't think the fanbase is sophisticated enough to treat these games for what they are, a paycheck. They see a loss and it's eeee, the lobos still suck, let's go to the lake. 

I know UNM and BYU fish in different recruiting ponds and there isn't a real program benefit to playing, but, and I can't believe I'm saying this, it would be fun to have BYU on the schedule again. Maybe a home and home every decade for us old timers. There would be interest. 

This thread reflected the general interest of the game. Woof woof woof

I’d like to see BYU still play regional rivals. So I hope that is part of Holmoes plan. Hopefully it’s only a 8 game schedule. So BYU can play more historic rivals. The Wyoming game was a fun game to have this year. Having a game with some history is priceless. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.