Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

“Scientists” Reach New Level of Stupidity: Claim They Know There’s 20,000,000,000,000,000 Ants On Earth

On 9/23/2022 at 3:30 AM, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, it’s OK to call out uneducated white trailer trash, but not ok to call out other groups that have just as many that are dumb and uneducated. Sorry, I deal in facts, not PC bullshit. This is well documented if your silly brain wasn’t aware of this. Must really suck to be a slave to PC. 

Tell us more about urban minorities. Why do they, in your estimation, lack intelligence?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:16 AM, youngredbullfan said:

Tell us more about urban minorities. Why do they, in your estimation, lack intelligence?

I didn’t say lack of intelligence. I said ‘uneducated’, dipshit. If this is news to you, as it certainly appears to be from your lack of education, I would encourage you to check into it, stud.

kat.jpg

On 9/23/2022 at 12:14 PM, happycamper said:

OK convert. What part of their methodology was bullshit?

Which of the 500 studies they used was bullshit?

How were their fieldwork methods flawed?

How were their biomes mistaken?

How does the Pitfall vs Winkler vs Fogging sampling methods compare?

How many times do I have to say it. The broad and vast assumptions they make. They have to. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? 

kat.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 12:40 PM, Nevada Convert said:

How many times do I have to say it. The broad and vast assumptions they make. They have to. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? 

What assumptions?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/28/2022 at 9:40 AM, happycamper said:

What assumptions?

Wow, you are completely lost on what science even is. Do you think scientists have searched out and counted every single ant on the planet? Of course not. They have to make ASSUMPTIONS. Check into it.  

https://psmag.com/.amp/education/scientists-are-wrong-a-lot

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/if-you-say-science-is-right-youre-wrong/

kat.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 12:53 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Wow, you are completely lost on what science even is. Do you think scientists have searched out and counted every single ant on the planet? Of course not. They have to make ASSUMPTIONS. Check into it.  

https://psmag.com/.amp/education/scientists-are-wrong-a-lot

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/if-you-say-science-is-right-youre-wrong/

On 9/28/2022 at 12:57 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I think it’s safe to assume you’re clueless about what science even is. 

What is science, convert?

And what assumptions of this study do you have problems with? Specifically, which ones? What are the problems you have with them?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, happycamper said:

And what assumptions of this study do you have problems with? Specifically, which ones? What are the problems you have with them?

He and the science haters actually believe science is out to hurt and enslave them.

If it's not from the Bible, it's heresy.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/28/2022 at 1:16 PM, Spaztecs said:

He and the science haters actually believe science is out to hurt and enslave them.

If it's not from the Bible, it's heresy.

Dude, just shut the fvck up. I’m not anti-Science. I am critical of scientists trying to tackle questions they don’t have the technology and resources to come up with an answer that’s accurate enough to be meaningful. And then the results getting used in forming policy. 

kat.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, happycamper said:

I’ve already answered those questions. You seem to think that science is usually right when trying to answer impossible God like questions. Scientists are often wrong in trying to answer these kinds of questions when they don’t have  the technology and resources as we’ve seen many decades later when we do have the opportunity to learn more. Failure is a huge part of the process. We will later learn in the coming decades and centuries exactly how wrong we are on the tough questions. 

kat.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 2:26 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, just shut the fvck up. I’m not anti-Science. I am critical of scientists trying to tackle questions they don’t have the technology and resources to come up with an answer that’s accurate enough to be meaningful. And then the results getting used in forming policy. 

Your posts have had quite the angry edge for the past couple of weeks. Maybe it’s time to check in with the docs about adjusting your meds. Or maybe you just need more sleep. 

On 9/28/2022 at 2:33 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I’ve already answered those questions. You seem to think that science is usually right when trying to answer impossible God like questions. Scientists are often wrong in trying to answer these kinds of questions when they don’t have  the technology and resources as we’ve seen many decades later when we do have the opportunity to learn more. Failure is a huge part of the process. We will later learn in the coming decades and centuries exactly how wrong we are on the tough questions. 

Your position throughout this thread appears to be that scientists should only ever attempt to answer a question they already have irrefutable supporting evidence for. While that would be nice, much, probably most of the time, it’s not how advancing knowledge works in the real world. 

On 9/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, Posturedoc said:

Your posts have had quite the angry edge for the past couple of weeks. Maybe it’s time to check in with the docs about adjusting your meds. Or maybe you just need more sleep. 

Which is surprising considering his centrist values. And here I thought these folks would find some middle ground? 

Like you said along time ago, when the personal insults and name calling come out, the argument is over. That’s his subconscious white flag. 

Wonder how many of those ants have drowned in the last 12 hours...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:35 PM, Posturedoc said:

I’ve been a bit edgy lately because it’s been frustrating that I can’t figure out a way to express my love for all my OT brothers. So, I’ll just have say that I love you guys. I love you, Posturedoc, and I hope you have a great day. 
image.png.c4a8f6b85e534b613efb959667c568b3.png

kat.jpg

On 9/28/2022 at 6:34 PM, utenation said:

Which is surprising considering his centrist values. And here I thought these folks would find some middle ground? 

Like you said along time ago, when the personal insults and name calling come out, the argument is over. That’s his subconscious white flag. 

I love you, utenation. Have a great day. 
image.png.6944be4bd29abf93360599e713c4bd52.png

kat.jpg