Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Sasquatch - Real or Fantasy like Unicorns

Sasquatch - Real or Fantasy like Unicorns  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Sasquatch - Real or Fantasy like Unicorns

• Yes they are real
    • Maybe - Need more evidence
    • No, Don't be ridiculous only cooks believe they are real

On 9/22/2022 at 2:30 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

As to the snow leopards, it’s entirely reasonable that finding a carcass is difficult. They live in some of the most rough terrain in the world. It’s one of least inhabited, least inhabitable regions on the planet. Mountain cats are hard to glimpse in the best of circumstances and these are some the worst. Just getting to where they live is an ordeal. And yet we still know where their range is, what their diet consists of, how they live, and to put a point on it we have their bones, their pelts, their feces. In western academia we’ve known of their existence for a fact for 200 years. In any given year we can catch them on camera, clearly, dozens of times.

Dead things deteriorate. Entropy is the rule of the world. Even having 32 specimens of something that existed for millions, millions, of years from 60 million years ago is amazing. Fossils are lucky happenstance. Most things that die are returned to dust and are probably consumed and excreted.

We know exactly where the Kodiaks, Grizzlies, Moose, Caribou, and whatever else large fauna on the planet are. We know what they eat, how they behave, how they mate. Heck we have to set up special areas across the planet so that they do not die out from living with humans.

But not Bigfoot. On them we’ve got practically nothing. We’ve conquered our own planet and are threatening to destroy it entirely in some minds. We’ve went to the moon using fire and protractors. And yet somehow these enormous creatures have eluded us. Are they wiser than we, or something else entirely

I just finished replacing a toilet ring that is original to our 40-year old house. Holy shit. Pun intended. Anyway, to be honest your post really makes the argument for a sentient hominid species being able to avoid detection in, as you put it, in some of the roughest, least inhabited, least inhabitable regions on the planet.

Given there have been ten thousand reported sightings in the United States alone over the past fifty years, given the plethora of video evidence, given the plethora of environmental and direct DNA that all points to the existence of an unknown primate, I think we have an aggregation collected data that exceeds the criteria you site for other known, elusive species.

Furthermore, the substantial body of evidence in support of the existence of unknown primates/hominid species directly correlates with Native American belief systems spanning thousands of years in which they consider Sasquatch to simply be another species of fauna in their ecosystem.

Regarding migration patterns, I've long considered undertaking the exercise of plotting sightings over time to see if there is indeed a pattern. Idk if there is an exportable database out there or if I would have to build it tho.

In aggregate, there is more than enough data to support, at the very least, the possibility of Bigfoot's existence, though I also understand the skepticism for reasons such as those you have presented.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 9/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, bornontheblue said:

Interesting article. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-researchers-are-looking-for-bigfootjust-dont-tell-anyone-11663769929?mod=hp_featst_pos5

Anybody ever seen evidence of Sasquatch. 

@halfmanhalfbronco you have probably been to a lot of remote places. Ever seen any evidence? 

image.png.78cadc09122054303c689cb7ec4fc50f.png

I'll tell my "Bigfoot" story. Sorry it's long.

About 25 years ago, when I was 11, I went with my friend to visit his family in rural Colorado, somewhere in the Rampart Range off Highway 67, SW of Sedalia. Most of the family left and it was just us two and his grandparents (in there 70's) one night. They had lived there for decades and only had two neighbors on a long dirt road.

We were sleeping in sleeping bags on the living room floor when we were awoken by a large animal scream that sounded like it was right outside the window. It started as a deep low growl (like a very large dog but deeper and louder) that turned into what I can only compare to as a woman screaming bloody murder. Each vocalisation was about 5 seconds long, in maybe 1 minute intervals. It lasted for what felt like 2 hours but was probably closer to 30-45 minutes. They would be close, then seemingly farther away, only to sound like it was right outside the window again. I can't be sure how exactly close this thing was though. I have never felt so terrified in my life and just lay in silence praying it would go away. After it seemed to stop, I rolled over and shook my friend to see if he was awake and heard it too. He was wide-eyed, shaking, and had pissed himself. Then the vocalisations started up again, but farther away, lasting another 10 minutes until they faded away and stopped. We both layed awake, not wanting to make a sound, praying for the sun to come up.

When the grandparents FINALLY woke up we told them what we heard. They had slept through it but I'll never forget the look on their faces. They were serious and concerned, didn't even try to chalk it up to a cat or any other animal. Grandpa scolded my friend for not waking him up and told us they had heard it before, went on the porch to investigate with a flashlight but didn't see anything. They were absolute in the fact they didn't know what it was but knew it wasn't a cat, bear, or any other large animal they had seen and heard over the years. Their concern on their faces sticks with me just as much as the sound does all these years later.

When I got back to Boise, I scoured the early internet to investigate what we heard and eventually came across bigfoot accounts with similar vocalisations. I even found a recording that sounded nearly identical. I have since been trying to find that recording to no avail. Of course, young me was convinced we had heard a sasquatch and I became obsessed in reading accounts, watching whatever video I could find, etc.

Recently I was reading an account in a YouTube comment that described the same thing I heard, and someone below posted a blog about an investigation into the "Colorado Howler" by Stan Courtney.

This is a recording of his. It's not exactly what we heard, but similar in vocal pattern - low to high. This makes me wonder if his recording is maybe of a juvenile and what we heard was fully grown. Anyway here's his recording:

http://www.stancourtney.com/sounds/SanJuan09vocalization1.01.wav

His whole blog about his field researches is pretty interesting, I'd recommend any "believers" to check it out:

http://stancourtney.com/colorado-howl-pt-2/

I've come to recognize that part of me simply wants to believe it's real. I romanticize that there's something out there that is smart, elusive, and perhaps has a deeper knowledge of the natural world than we do or maybe even a spiritual or meta-physical connection that humans simply can't comprehend....yet. 

I BELIEVE!

I think, therefore I'm.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

First off, DNA evidence already exists. Multiple examples have been tested from multiple collection sites, all which indicate an unknown primate. Here's to hoping someone has one of those links on hand as I don't have the time or inclination now to go digging.

Second, consider the following:

• Less than 50% of the US is inhabited
  • Large wilderness areas already support the largest omnivores on the planet (Kodiak and Grizzly bears)
  • Similar ecosystems in Africa support the largest pirates on the planet 
  • We would be unique among mammals in not having another extant species of hominid
  • There have been over 10,000 documented sightings just in the U.S. over the past 50 years
  • There is a plethora of additional evidence (e.g., photographic) in the evidence record

My buddy is a degreed anthropologist and is 100% convinced in the existence of relic hominid species.

barry clifford pirate GIF

On 9/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I know you’ve seen things you can’t explain. I’ve seen things I can’t explain, though not Bigfoot. There are plenty of liars and grifters in the world, but not that many. Not everybody is lying.

Every day I read things written by people, on this very website, and I cannot explain how they could acquire money to feed themselves and live indoors.

On 9/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, toonkee said:

barry clifford pirate GIF

Every day I read things written by people, on this very website, and I cannot explain how they could acquire money to feed themselves and live indoors.

Vivien Leigh Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

trump is bigfoot GIF

On 9/21/2022 at 12:49 PM, bornontheblue said:

Interesting article. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-researchers-are-looking-for-bigfootjust-dont-tell-anyone-11663769929?mod=hp_featst_pos5

Anybody ever seen evidence of Sasquatch. 

@halfmanhalfbronco you have probably been to a lot of remote places. Ever seen any evidence? 

Deny Sasquatch will you ?

What next ? The Easter Bunny and Jewish Space Lasers ?

Thems fightin' words !

Angry GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor