TCU Robert

Adam Levine accused of cheating

Sending romantic or sexual text messages to someone who is not your partner, shows intent to cheat or go astray.

The only difference is, you didn't physically follow through.

I like how everyone pretends to not know who the guy is or that that his singing is horrible. Maroon 5 wouldn't pop up on any list of favorite bands or anything, but the guy can sing....a four octave voice is nothing to sneeze at, but I can take or leave their songs. But he always seemed like a decent dude, which apparently is not the case. I'm always disappointed to see these stories because the person on the other end of these relationships are getting ruined while all this blows up. Add him to the list of douchebags I guess. 

On 9/22/2022 at 6:27 AM, Slapdad said:

I like how everyone pretends to not know who the guy is or that that his singing is horrible. Maroon 5 wouldn't pop up on any list of favorite bands or anything, but the guy can sing....a four octave voice is nothing to sneeze at, but I can take or leave their songs. But he always seemed like a decent dude, which apparently is not the case. I'm always disappointed to see these stories because the person on the other end of these relationships are getting ruined while all this blows up. Add him to the list of douchebags I guess. 

I really did have to google the name, but that's not surprising, I'm a pop culture black hole. The only knowledge I have about any of it is what I gather right here.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:27 AM, renoskier said:

I really did have to google the name, but that's not surprising, I'm a pop culture black hole. The only knowledge I have about any of it is what I gather right here.

Fair enough, but being the singer of a very popular band and being on one of the most popular tv shows in the country, that is pretty amazing. It is a D-bag move on his part though...that remains unchanged. With as many people who are completely canceled in the court of popular opinion for saying things that are offensive/racist/misogynistic or whatever, it's amazing to me that cheating (be it a physical or emotional affair) causes less of controversy than the acts that I mentioned previously. I mean, cheating on a loved one seems like a far worse thing to do, IMO.  

On 9/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, Slapdad said:

Fair enough, but being the singer of a very popular band and being on one of the most popular tv shows in the country, that is pretty amazing. It is a D-bag move on his part though...that remains unchanged. With as many people who are completely canceled in the court of popular opinion for saying things that are offensive/racist/misogynistic or whatever, it's amazing to me that cheating (be it a physical or emotional affair) causes less of controversy than the acts that I mentioned previously. I mean, cheating on a loved one seems like a far worse thing to do, IMO.  

Cheating is my threshold on if I can trust someone.  But it is more personal an infraction so the public opinion is not as thought of as widespread.  Also, I am guessing there is still a function of boys will be boys in the back of a lot of people's heads that allows things to get forgiven.  I don't recall many off the top of my head that involved famous women as the cheater, but I think Miranda Lambert took a worse shot than Blake Shelton did in their messy divorce, and I forget the name but there was someone who cheated with her friends also famous husband and she took the brunt of it, not him.

Also, these are famous people.  We don't really know these folks.   There is zero reason to respect them for anything more than the art they provide.  They are as flawed as everyone else, just with more money and are in an ego-centric world with reduced consequences.

• Like 1