Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SDSU QB likely to transfer

On 9/20/2022 at 1:15 PM, Wyobraska said:

I 100% understand the frustration of Aztec fans and the putrid offense.  These coaches get paid too much money to continue to put out such atrocious offenses and limit the ceiling of the program. 

@East Coast Aztecis right.  SDSU has squandered some great defenses because of one of your coaches philosophy and perhaps this staff is struggling due to ineptness (or maybe philosophy).  Either way, it is unacceptable to put such a shit product on the field when you have such talent available to you.  There is no excuse for it. 

An off year or two happens, but every year for how long now is just craziness.  

An off year, every year ?

I'll go with every other year 2018, 2020, and possibly this season.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, King Spartan said:

At a certain point you need to embrace who you are. Bring back the wing T.

Air Force runs a lot of double wing with motion to get a numbers advantage at the point of attack.

Maybe even run the Houston Veer. lol

The RPO works well for running QB's. The only problem is Heck keeps trying to get running QB's to pass the ball to often. Hoke talks alot about having a balanced attack. But, if one aspect is shite, you gotta go heavy with the other. That combined with the O-line sucking, and you can see why the Aztecs are where they are.

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 2:01 PM, aztech said:

Most of Rocky Long's defensive players have graduated.  These first few games are telling.  Hoke was here for only 2 years during his first go around with us, coaching our previous coach's players.  Most of the guys now are his, so we're witnessing how longevity with him is going.  Mirror image of Michigan perhaps?

Most of Bradys recruits are RS Sophs and younger. Mix in some transfers. He may have recruited a few others as D-line Coach.

The upper classmen were recruited on Rockys watch. Next year will mostly be Hokes Team.

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 2:39 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Montana trying to swoop all the Aztecs huh?  Honestly, I don't think we got enough to truly go off of.  He barely threw the ball, and I don't think he ever got the chance to actually get comfortable in any game he played.  It is hard for me to gauge if he was just needing to get into a groove of live-game action or if he just couldn't get it done, or a mix of both.

If a true Frosh is getting half the QB2 snaps in practice and the Coaching Staff believes that Crum gave them a better chance, simple logic says

Crum >>>>> Haskell.

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, Spaztecs said:

An off year, every year ?

I'll go with every other year 2018, 2020, and possibly this season.

Even the best teams of the Hoke/Rocky years were pretty one dimensional but you had great OL and running backs.  But there were definitely games where you needed a competent passing attack and didn't have it.  

Your QBs and passing game have not been good since those coaches have been there.  It is the same thing with Bohl at Wyoming.  

If Rocky and now Hoke again were able to recruit, develop, and implement a good passing game as part of your offense, you guys would probably have a few Access Bowls.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, Spaztecs said:

Most of Bradys recruits are RS Sophs and younger. Mix in some transfers. He may have recruited a few others as D-line Coach.

The upper classmen were recruited on Rockys watch. Next year will mostly be Hokes Team.

That could be a scary thought.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

Ed McCaffrey is even more of dyck.  Sratch UNC of that list.

Be careful what you wish for.  CSU has only had 2.5-good coaches out of the last-6 over the last-33-yrs, and the last one only gave us one bowl game before chk'g-out before the end of the season & bolting for the SEC.

Wrong UNC. He's referring to the tar heels. Not UNCO bears.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:42 PM, utgrizfan said:

Lucas has been great for us overall, Haucks time at SDSU was the reason we were able to land him.

Speaking of Johnson...Hoke just got called out for lying about the reason he left.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:24 PM, idkk said:

Speaking of Johnson...Hoke just got called out for lying about the reason he left.

Gee I'm sorry Cathy, but didn't your son verbal to us, and then leave for the "Golden" pastures of Georgia Tech? Forgive me if I don't feel a bit sorry for your son being told the Aztecs were going in a different direction. 

Like Brady's time at Michoacán, he lost his job when he resisted firing one of his staff that NEEDED to be canned, I expect Hellstinkie will cost him his job here.

Yesterday's Pressor poured concrete over Brady, Dead Man Walking.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:18 AM, bitteraztec said:

Well that’s it for me.  I am done with Hoke. This guy has zero credibility starting with how he left for Michigan.  Time to move on.  There will be much better options available to take over the program.

Can you give us a lil' more background on what you mean by "...how he left for Mich?

On 9/21/2022 at 9:43 AM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

Can you give us a lil' more background on what you mean by "...how he left for Mich?

He went 9-4 in his second season, 2009, that coupled with his previous time as an assistant at UM, got him a call up.

Americans Mayor

On 9/21/2022 at 6:43 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

He did what all coaches do, he just sent a text message. It felt shitty at the time, but in truth, there is no other way.

The reality is Hoke is just a loser. He is not a good builder and sustainer of programs. Further, he leaves programs in shambles. Just look at his track record.

He had a losing record at Ball State. They quickly plummeted after he left.

He had one winning season in two at SDSU during his first tenure, and never won a game that mattered. 

He was barely over .500 in the B1G while at Michigan, and it took Harbaugh years to rebuild the program. His best year at UM was with Rich Rod's players.

Now, he benefitted from Rocky's players and culture last year, but now, the program is clearly regressing. 

Unless things drastically change (I guess it is possible), SDSU may be heading for a 6-6 season. That is unacceptable at this point, and is fireable. 

The sad thing is, Rocky left because he was tired of meddling from the AD, and the insistence that he fire his offensive staff. Yes, the offense held the program back, but Rocky had us winning ten games in four out of five seasons. 

Rocky has always been an old school guy and he's as stubborn as a mule. It was time for him to go at SDSU so he wouldn't stay around a year too long as he did at UNM. As a DC, he deserves a grade of A. As a HC, I'd give him a B- because but for having himself as DC, his teams weren't all that great.

Hoke won 12 games one year at Ball State and he won 12 last year at SDSU. Both are school records. Between the two gigs he earned a buttload of money for his one contract at Michigan. Being in the Rocky mode and not needing another paycheck to live more than comfortably for the rest of his life, if JD Wicker demands that Brady fire his good friend Hecklinski and Jeff doesn't just quit, Brady will probably quit. (To everyone's knowledge, he's never signed the multi-year written contract Wicker presented to him so would presumably have no grounds on which to sue SDSU for refusing to pay him for 2023 and 2024.)

Hecklinski is so horrible that although I hope Hoke is still around in 2023, if push comes to shove and Wicker fires Brady, I'll be fine with that because too much is riding on the football program not falling apart in coming seasons.

On 9/21/2022 at 5:11 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Rocky has always been an old school guy and he's as stubborn as a mule. It was time for him to go at SDSU so he wouldn't stay around a year too long as he did at UNM. As a DC, he deserves a grade of A. As a HC, I'd give him a B- because but for having himself as DC, his teams weren't all that great.

Hoke won 12 games one year at Ball State and he won 12 last year at SDSU. Both are school records. Between the two gigs he earned a buttload of money for his one contract at Michigan. Being in the Rocky mode and not needing another paycheck to live more than comfortably for the rest of his life, if JD Wicker demands that Brady fire his good friend Hecklinski and Jeff doesn't just quit, Brady will probably quit. (To everyone's knowledge, he's never signed the multi-year written contract Wicker presented to him so would presumably have no grounds on which to sue SDSU for refusing to pay him for 2023 and 2024.)

Hecklinski is so horrible that although I hope Hoke is still around in 2023, if push comes to shove and Wicker fires Brady, I'll be fine with that because too much is riding on the football program not falling apart in coming seasons.

Change a few names and this is pretty much how Boise fans feel about our situation.  We understand, Aztecs.