Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

SDSU QB likely to transfer

On 9/19/2022 at 11:26 PM, utenation said:

This kid came in for one series in the Utah game. I have no idea why he was yanked so fast. 

If so, this will be the 5th QB that idiot has run off (see worst Aztec Stats on O since prior to St. Don's coaching-early 60's)

Because our 0000000C drives this.

Clown Car.JPG

On 9/20/2022 at 5:07 AM, utgrizfan said:

Anyone know why he was pulled after one series?

We will never know-obviously something is not right on the Mesa. (See JH for answer)

There had better be a decent explanation for why he is transferring and why he was only given a series against Utah.  Otherwise, I am moving on from Aztec football until the coaches go, as all signs seem to indicate they are the problem, not the players.  UNC and Minnesota can have my attention.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:07 AM, utgrizfan said:

Anyone know why he was pulled after one series?

Not to my knowledge. 2 simple hand-offs and a swing pass and that was it. Did he not call the correct play? Was he supposed to check out to another play based on their front? Was he supposed to be reading the EMOL and didn't? It's a mystery to Aztec fans.

When Hoke mentioned in the paper that Haskell and Crum had split time at QB2 last week, was when my eyebrows went up. One has been in the system for 2 years now; the other for less than a year, and we're splitting time. for QB2? That's a red flag to me. 

I guess we'll hear more later today. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:07 AM, dshawfan said:

Not to my knowledge. 2 simple hand-offs and a swing pass and that was it. Did he not call the correct play? Was he supposed to check out to another play based on their front? Was he supposed to be reading the EMOL and didn't? It's a mystery to Aztec fans.

When Hoke mentioned in the paper that Haskell and Crum had split time at QB2 last week, was when my eyebrows went up. One has been in the system for 2 years now; the other for less than a year, and we're splitting time. for QB2? That's a red flag to me. 

I guess we'll hear more later today. 

Is Brady’s weekly press conference today?

Listened to Hokes Monday show.

He says Haskell and Crum split the backup reps the previous week and the staff felt Crum gave them a better chance in the passing game.

Maybe, Crum is the better thrower and future at QB. 

He also said the O-line while talented has a lot of growing and learning to do. 

IMHO, The Aztec season rests on the O-line developing.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 9:13 AM, utenation said:

Not his presser, but his weekly Monday interview.

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 8:13 AM, utenation said:

Not sure, but Hoke mentioned that he and Haskell would be meeting this morning if my reading comprehension was good this morning. Which at my age is never a sure thing 😉

On 9/20/2022 at 9:17 AM, Spaztecs said:

Listened to Hokes Monday show.

He says Haskell and Crum split the backup reps the previous week and the staff felt Crum gave them a better chance in the passing game.

Maybe, Crum is the better thrower and future at QB. 

He also said the O-line while talented has a lot if growing and learning to do.

So if they felt that way in the week leading up to the game, why even put Haskell in before Crum? 

If it’s time for a back up, you put your best guy in first. All that’s going to do is piss off the kid you pulled out for no good reason.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:00 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

There had better be a decent explanation for why he is transferring and why he was only given a series against Utah.  Otherwise, I am moving on from Aztec football until the coaches go, as all signs seem to indicate they are the problem, not the players.  UNC and Minnesota can have my attention.

That is so funny.  We’ve lost two games this year, one of which was flukey as shit due to the weather and you want to run off the coaching staff that just ended the year in the top 25 and most wins in sdsu history.  Take a bow for the most idiotic take of the week.  

On 9/20/2022 at 8:41 AM, AztecMD said:

That is so funny.  We’ve lost two games this year, one of which was flukey as shit due to the weather and you want to run off the coaching staff that just ended the year in the top 25 and most wins in sdsu history.  Take a bow for the most idiotic take of the week.  

You are not worthy of MD in your name if you cannot notice a decade of terrible offense continuously getting bailed out by another squandered great defense.  The Arizona loss wasn't "flukey".  We got beat in every facet of the game.  Two games?  You wanna go with two games of this shit offense?  You wanna to go Ray Charles on a decade of relying on run and defense, and speak nothing to more of the same (or regression) on the offensive side of the ball?  Take a lap, dunce.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:13 AM, utenation said:

They're a complete waste of time.  He says nothing for the most part which is somewhat tolerable when things are going well. When things are going to shit it's downright annoying.

The bloom is off the rose with this staff.  Time to move on.  It would be great to keep Mattix but not necessary.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 9/20/2022 at 8:00 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

How do you figure a Coaching Staff that went 12-2 with Lucas Johnson as their qb is shit ?

This years struggles are about the very young O-line. #77 While a monster, has a lot of penalties. Holds, false starts, and has blown alot of assignments.

It's also about a tough opening schedule. Toughest in the Conference through week 3.

You can add in losing 3 All Americans and three other all Conference performers.

It's not about the qb or the Coaching Staff.

Arizona beat us up and down the field because the Coaching Staff had the entire off season to prep for that game. Their O-line was calling out the Aztec blitzes pre-snap and did a good job of picking them up. That coupled with their Transfer Portal moves, they could be this years Utah State.

This team will get better and the schedule is weak. Outside of @Boise and @FSU, the rest of it is winnable.

Americans Mayor

On 9/20/2022 at 9:12 AM, Spaztecs said:

How do you figure a Coaching Staff that went 12-2 with Lucas Johnson as their qb is shit ?

This years struggles are about the very young O-line. #77 While a monster, has a lot of penalties. Holds, false starts, and has blown alot of assignments. And about a tough opening schedule. Toughest in the Conference through week 3.

It's not about the qb.

Arizona beat us up and down the field because the Coaching Staff had the entire off season to prep for that game. Their O-line was calling out the Aztec blitzes pre-snap and did a good job of picking them up. That coupled with their Transfer Portal moves, they could be this years Utah State.

This team will get better and the schedule is weak. Outside of @Boise and @FSU, the rest of it is winnable.

Last years 12-2 is looking like the fluke. We were .500 the year before and missed a bowl game for the first time in forever. Staff got the COVID pass.

We caught a down AZ. We caught a down UT but were basically blown out once they corrected their QB mistake. Escaped with a win. Fresno made us look silly as did UT State.  

When you have to rely on your defense and special teams to score, you're doing it wrong.

We'll win some games if for no other reason than the rest of the conference seems down.  But that's not the standard.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 9/20/2022 at 9:12 AM, Spaztecs said:

This years struggles are about the very young O-line. #77 While a monster, has a lot of penalties. Holds, false starts, and has blown alot of assignments.

It's also about a tough opening schedule. Toughest in the Conference through week 3.

You can add in losing 3 All Americans and three other all Conference performers.

It's not about the qb or the Coaching Staff.

Lucas scrambled all last year, Chapman, Agnew, Brookshire all scrambled in their time.  Fresno easily defeats our lines using a simple stunt scheme.  We can't act like the OLine was always keeping our QBs in the pocket.  And from that, routes never open and unless Matthews is making miraculous catches, more often than not, the passes were 15 yards or less.  This year, even with ISU, I don't think we have a single pass completion over 20, even including YAC.  The schedule is tougher, but when we look at the three games, and allow ourselves to excuse Utah as an unprepared and deer in the headlights of a great defense and crowd, the passing game (from the line, to the QB's, to the play calling) has been at the very best, lackluster.  76 yards a game passing.  I repeat.  76 YARDS. PER GAME.  There is no defending this.  There are younger lines, there are coaches implementing new systems all across the country.  And even with the excuses we give, the issues are not three games.  We need to stop saying three games.  The passing woes is 10 years.  Getting better because a weaker schedule or from naturally gelling more down the year (we shall see) does not take away from the system being faulty.  I have been excusing the passing game under the expectation that they will improve.  It hasn't happened for a decade, and I have a finite amount of time and money to spread across programs I follow.  So, I have my trip planned in October, and this may be it for really caring about Aztec football as my primary.  I don't see the point in being frustrated with the same old dogshit when my options are better.  And San Diego (even with no other substitute in college football for them), are going to agree.  Just check the stands.

Now, give me downvotes and "Well, byes.  You are a bad fan."