Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Wyoming @ BYU Game Thread 8:15 PM MT ESPN2

On 9/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, Jack Bauer said:

I felt like BYU had your D figured in the 2nd half, and so you guys were going to have to take some chances on 4th down or a fake punt or something to get back in to it.

Good game to you guys. It was a good atmosphere at the game. My son and I had a good time. I am tired today.

Good game to BYU as well.  You were the better team as much as that pains me to say.  Felt like old times watching that game.  

Glad you and your son had a good time.  That's what it is all about.  

I do hope the return game happens, especially after BYU said it should still happen.  

On 9/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, Wyobraska said:

Good game to BYU as well.  You were the better team as much as that pains me to say.  Felt like old times watching that game.  

Glad you and your son had a good time.  That's what it is all about.  

I do hope the return game happens, especially after BYU said it should still happen.  

A lot of BYU fans are mad about it, but I think the AD is planning on returning the game.

Those fans are more about sticking it to Wyoming. I think you return the game, it's short notice to schedule something out and Wyoming plays tough so it's a game you have to be ready for.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, Jack Bauer said:

I felt like BYU had your D figured in the 2nd half, and so you guys were going to have to take some chances on 4th down or a fake punt or something to get back in to it.

Good game to you guys. It was a good atmosphere at the game. My son and I had a good time. I am tired today.

I am exhausted today

On 9/24/2022 at 11:39 PM, Subcanis said:

Holy shit a flag not against us. 

+++++. Pelissier hurt. 

?????

Penalties:

Wyoming - 2 for 20 yards

BYU - 11 for 109 yards

Good game, Pokes.  Your running game was gashing the BYU defense pretty good and the Wyoming D held BYU in check for most of the first half.

I agree that the officials were terrible, but apparently for different reasons than most of the complaints in this thread.  I couldn't understand why they didn't blow the whistle on that incompletion that they apparently thought might be an interception.  Turns out they really just aren't very good at their job, which was already somewhat apparent.

The commentators were also not particularly good.  The dude saying "and complete" - someone needs to pull him aside and let him know that sounds way too much like "incomplete".  Also, their descriptions of what was happening on the field was often at odds with reality.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:16 PM, Pelado said:

?????

Penalties:

Wyoming - 2 for 20 yards

BYU - 11 for 109 yards

Good game, Pokes.  Your running game was gashing the BYU defense pretty good and the Wyoming D held BYU in check for most of the first half.

I agree that the officials were terrible, but apparently for different reasons than most of the complaints in this thread.  I couldn't understand why they didn't blow the whistle on that incompletion that they apparently thought might be an interception.  Turns out they really just aren't very good at their job, which was already somewhat apparent.

The commentators were also not particularly good.  The dude saying "and complete" - someone needs to pull him aside and let him know that sounds way too much like "incomplete".  Also, their descriptions of what was happening on the field was often at odds with reality.

The and complete and in complete was driving me crazy.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:59 PM, Jack Bauer said:

A lot of BYU fans are mad about it, but I think the AD is planning on returning the game.

Those fans are more about sticking it to Wyoming. I think you return the game, it's short notice to schedule something out and Wyoming plays tough so it's a game you have to be ready for.

Dammit, now you're giving me mixed feelings. Have BYU come just to piss off those BYU fans? Or not play BYU at all and have them out of our hair?

You made it hard now.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:16 PM, Pelado said:

?????

Penalties:

Wyoming - 2 for 20 yards

BYU - 11 for 109 yards

My biggest complaint about the commentators was how much the sucked the Cougs knob.  I imagine I was a little thin skinned but listening to them Wyoming shouldn’t have even been on the field.

On 9/26/2022 at 7:16 PM, Wyoguns said:

My biggest complaint about the commentators was how much the sucked the Cougs knob.  I imagine I was a little thin skinned but listening to them Wyoming shouldn’t have even been on the field.

Now that you mention it, why was Wyoming on the field?

My guess is that they aren't very familiar with Wyoming and didn't prepare very thoroughly, so it was easier for them to talk about the players/themes/etc. that were most accessible to them.

On 9/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, Pelado said:

Now that you mention it, why was Wyoming on the field?

My guess is that they aren't very familiar with Wyoming and didn't prepare very thoroughly, so it was easier for them to talk about the players/themes/etc. that were most accessible to them.

I don’t know but it sucked listening to those two asswipes

On 9/25/2022 at 12:59 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

Just got back to the hotel. 

Tonight was also a good reminder of how unintelligent BYU fans are. Somehow, they felt the need to boo the refs off the field tonight? 

Refs made a few terrible calls that are pretty indefensible. Once those bad calls occurred, fans kept booing anything that seemed questionable at that point and throughout the remainder of the game. I was there in the stands and at some point it becomes annoying to continue hearing all the booing. Truthfully, I wish the booing would’ve stopped so we could just focus on cheering our team and enjoying the game. But you can’t deny the bad calls that have clear video evidence below. 

But here’s a breakdown of one of the terrible calls. The clip doesn’t have audio of the whistle, but rewatching the game it’s clear that the whistle didn’t occur until after the RB handed the ball off to the QB. Had they not tackled the QB, he could’ve taken off with the ball for a long gain. 

The other terrible call was when Wyoming’s QB clearly threw the ball forward for an incomplete pass. But the officials never blew the whistle to stop the play. So BYU did exactly what you’re trained to do. They picked up the football as though it was a live ball and proceeded to run it back 50 yards before getting tackled. On the run back, one of BYU’s players got flagged for an illegal block. But after the play was over the officials got together and ruled it a dead ball incomplete pass. That means the play should’ve been dead and nothing else should’ve transpired after that. It should’ve been 3rd and 9 but the officials kept the illegal block penalty intact, giving Wyoming an automatic first down on a play that was a dead ball incomplete pass. That makes zero sense. Why should a team receive an illegal block penalty on a fumble return that was ultimately ruled an incomplete pass after the fact? It was obvious to everyone at home and in the stands that it was an incomplete pass. See here:

And finally, there were 3-4 spots where Wyoming was clearing marked 1-2 yards further than they actually gained.  Again, we have clear video evidence. I dare someone to defend this:

In the end, I’m not a big fan of booing the refs the entire night. But as your post stated, does booing calls that are clearly terrible make BYU fans unintelligent? I beg to differ.