Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Wyoming @ BYU Game Thread 8:15 PM MT ESPN2

On 9/24/2022 at 11:56 PM, Wyoguns said:

OD on ice cream?

Isn’t that Cache Valley?

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 9/25/2022 at 12:06 AM, phxpoke said:

These Pokes are an easy team to root for

They didn't quit, that's for sure. But the inexperience, especially in the secondary, is going to be a painful road. Run defense, mostly solid. Rush offense, pretty good when they get a rhythm. Pass, up and down. Potential is there, but needs more consistency.

The MWC board karma was just too much to overcome tonight. Our glee at the struggles of the Broncs and Lambs was justified but in the end you have to pay for your schadenfreude. 

GG Cougs you bastards 

On 9/25/2022 at 1:48 AM, Wyoguns said:

Not as hard as yer mom!  Old bag can suck a golf ball through a 100 yards of garden hose!  She’s the real deal

Good one ol' timer. Haven't heard that one since the Jurassic Age. 

You cowgirls jokes are as old and tired as your geriatric fan base. Getting boatraced by BYU? Embarrassing 

Once again its up to UNLV to carry this shitheap of a conference 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 9/25/2022 at 12:12 AM, Rebels18 said:

You cowgirls jokes are as old and tired as your geriatric fan base. Getting boatraced by BYU? Embarrassing 

When has that EVER happened?

On 9/25/2022 at 12:12 AM, Rebels18 said:

2/10 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

That punt on 4th bugs me.  I just don’t see the downside of going for it.  Coming up short doesn’t really increase the odds of a loss, maybe just the magnitude.  But not going for it drastically decreased any (admittedly minute) chance of winning.  I don’t know if Bohl was trying for a “better loss” or he had no faith in the guys or or his system or what, but in my eyes that was him quitting the game. 

I’m super curious how that goes over in the locker room. 

Just got back to the hotel. Those long ESPN timeouts really make these late games drag.

Seems pretty clear than the secondary (CB especially) is the weak point of this wyoming team. D-line didn't do any favors with the lack of pass rush, but those guys got burned nearly every time BYU pushed it downfield.

All that said, winning last week and having a pulse on the road this week makes me almost optimistic about this team.

Tonight was also a good reminder of how unintelligent BYU fans are. Somehow, they felt the need to boo the refs off the field tonight? 

On 9/25/2022 at 1:12 AM, Rebels18 said:

You guys are having one good year and you’re acting like you have dominated the MWC for years. Start by actually winning the MWC once.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Now that I’ve sobered up and can think objectively I think the Pikes played fairly well.  I’m not big on moral victories and we have some weak spots in our game but overall I’m encouraged.

If we can improve each week I think we can compete for the Mountain Division.  We are obviously young but if we keep slowly improving and the transfer portal doesn’t bite us in the ass the next couple of years is going to be fun.

Stayed up late for this one on the east coast. Pokes showed some signs of hope early in the first half, seemed to be running the ball well, but the wheels fell off as soon as Jaren Hall started warming up. The constant Russell Wilson comparisons were annoying… but that guy is definitely the real deal. Better luck next week Pokes!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

On 9/25/2022 at 1:01 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

By the way, the caffeine-free root beer pairs lovely with a cougar tail. A+ concessions!

You went to that hell hole, voluntarily? Yikes. I will admit cougar tails are amazing if ever I want to spike my insulin levels. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.