Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Utah State

On 9/25/2022 at 4:42 PM, UNLV2001 said:

The Bill Hill betting app has UNLV -15 over New Mexico with an O/U of 45.5 

ESPN had it as UNLV -15 as well. The line in the first few weeks were always pretty tight, 3 to 6pts probably because nobody knew anything about this team. Now with the new line it looks like the Fed raising rates to catch-up with inflation.  If we are healthy especially the WRs then that line might be about right.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:18 PM, Jersey Rebels said:

Get a hobby. Maybe not be such a +++++ing loser all the time, that'll help. UNLV is a loser, doesn't mean you have to be. 

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) – Super Senior linebacker Austin Ajiake ("AH-g-kay") became the first defensive player from UNLV to be named Mountain West Player of the Week since 2019, the league announced Monday.

Ajiake helped UNLV earn a 34-24 victory at Utah State on Saturday night by leading all players with 11 total tackles, including seven solo stops and one tackle-for-loss. The Fremont, California, (Bellarmine Prep) product also hauled in his second interception of the season and returned it nine yards to set up a score. It was one of five picks on the night by the Rebels, who are now tied for second in the nation for turnover margin at plus-nine.

For the season, Ajiake ranks third in the league with 8.75 tackles per game (42nd in the nation).  

This marked the third week already this season that a UNLV player was honored by the league as quarterback Doug Brumfield (Aug. 29) and running back Aidan Robbins (Sept. 19) each took home offensive honors. It is the first time since 2019 that at least three Rebels earned MW player of the week kudos as LB Javin White, QB Kenyon Oblad and CB Jericho Flowers all earned a nod that fall.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:05 PM, UNLV2001 said:

LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) – Super Senior linebacker Austin Ajiake ("AH-g-kay") became the first defensive player from UNLV to be named Mountain West Player of the Week since 2019, the league announced Monday.

Ajiake helped UNLV earn a 34-24 victory at Utah State on Saturday night by leading all players with 11 total tackles, including seven solo stops and one tackle-for-loss. The Fremont, California, (Bellarmine Prep) product also hauled in his second interception of the season and returned it nine yards to set up a score. It was one of five picks on the night by the Rebels, who are now tied for second in the nation for turnover margin at plus-nine.

For the season, Ajiake ranks third in the league with 8.75 tackles per game (42nd in the nation).  

This marked the third week already this season that a UNLV player was honored by the league as quarterback Doug Brumfield (Aug. 29) and running back Aidan Robbins (Sept. 19) each took home offensive honors. It is the first time since 2019 that at least three Rebels earned MW player of the week kudos as LB Javin White, QB Kenyon Oblad and CB Jericho Flowers all earned a nod that fall.

Let’s see, week 4 in the books and UNLV has had 2 Offensive POW and now 1 Defensive POW. God it’s good to be king.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, 4UNLV said:

Well that isn’t good news. We should still be ok by that is the core of our WR corps. Get them both healthy and give the next up some well deserved reps.I’m interested to see what the staff will do. Good challenge.

On 9/26/2022 at 7:14 PM, quickdraw said:

Well that isn’t good news. We should still be ok by that is the core of our WR corps. Get them both healthy and give the next up some well deserved reps.I’m interested to see what the staff will do. Good challenge.

UNM is ranked #116 out of 130 on run defense. They should get a steady dose of Robbins and Reece.

My only concern from the game was after we scored our final TD halfway through the 3rd qtr that we let our foot off the gas and just coasted on offense the rest of the game. Rebs only gained 60 yds the final 22 min of the game and only 10 yds in the 4th qtr. Game should’ve been put away a lot sooner rather than allowing USU to hang around within striking distance. 

Team and coaches are still learning how to win and it’s been fun to watch. Attention now turns to UNM before our tilt with SJSU.

On 9/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, B_Lootz said:

My only concern from the game was after we scored our final TD halfway through the 3rd qtr that we let our foot off the gas and just coasted on offense the rest of the game. Rebs only gained 60 yds the final 22 min of the game and only 10 yds in the 4th qtr. Game should’ve been put away a lot sooner rather than allowing USU to hang around within striking distance. 

Team and coaches are still learning how to win and it’s been fun to watch. Attention now turns to UNM before our tilt with SJSU.

That’s basically what I said to my wife. I told her the final score does not really reflect how UNLV dominated the game and had they kept their foot in the gas, they could have had another couple TD’s.

There was a point as the game went along that UNLV had gained control and enough of a lead to start getting other depth players some reps. That is what I was calling for especially after we had 2 receivers go down to injuries. Team more than covered expectations let alone the point spread. Depth players got experience and reps which keeps everyone happy. Team came away with a solid conference win. Every Rebel player out there knew this was a well earned win. Sounds like good coaching to me.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, ph90702 said:

Arroyo is getting, at minimum, a $500,000 raise after this year.  I doubt that he gets poached after one good year.  Also, keep in mind that most of the MW teams are in the bottom half of FBS.

I think you are correct on both points.   This is not the situation of the Kansas coach, who is gone.   

That is unless UNLV goes 11-1 in the regular season.   Something like that and ASU might grab him. 

Bye Bye, Best of luck! !! May the MWC survive, and prosper

I don’t see any additional money other that incentives written into his contract. That is because he has a contract. Depending how this year runs the university may start contact extension negotiations. There are more good things happening here than just the w/l count.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, ph90702 said:

Arroyo is getting, at minimum, a $500,000 raise after this year.  I doubt that he gets poached after one good year.  Also, keep in mind that most of the MW teams are in the bottom half of FBS.

That would put Arroyo around $2mill/yr

Edwards was making around $4 mill/yr and is gonna make like a $10 mill buyout. 

ASU has some cheddar but is Arroyo's milk worth the squeeze yet? He's got Pac-12 juice tho. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 9/27/2022 at 6:10 PM, Jersey Rebels said:

6-6, 7-5? UNLV is fine. 8-4, 9-3? Schools might sniff around him. 10-2? Uhh, UNLV should be sweating a little. 11-1? He's probably getting an offer. 

Oh no God!, Please no!

Anything but a historic season that could lead to an adult man with a soulpatch and a Nikes collection being poached as the face of our football program!! The horror! Spare us!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif