Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Utah State

On 9/24/2022 at 8:41 PM, slappy said:

Good win.  But don’t get ahead of yourself.  Did you ever think you win more games than Boise state. 

oh fk yeah i did, Boise St has been on a steady decline for years. Their program is a crispy, dried up husk of their mid-2000s selves. 

I told you about our huge transfer class transforming the team plus UNLV has invested big-time in their FB program and it's paid off. $1.5 mill for Arroyo makes him the highest paid coach in the MWC. Plus Fertitta Football Complex is one of the best football facilities in the country, with the best training table and one of only a handful of weightrooms in the country equipped with multi-million dollar velocity training system called Perch that uses 3-D camera technology to optimize weight training on a whole other level. 

Huge reason why UNLV is bigger, faster, and stronger than the rest of you MWC peasants and will pave the way to our ascension to the P5. It all adds up to to -$100 for you buddy. I should just give you my CashApp now

https://perch.fit/

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 9/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Rebels18 said:

oh fk yeah i did, Boise St has been on a steady decline for years. Their program is a crispy, dried up husk of their mid-2000s selves. 

I told you about our huge transfer class transforming the team plus UNLV has invested big-time in their FB program and it's paid off. $1.5 mill for Arroyo makes him the highest paid coach in the MWC. Plus Fertitta Football Complex is one of the best football facilities in the country, with the best training table and one of only a handful of weightrooms in the country equipped with multi-million dollar velocity training system called Perch that uses 3-D camera technology to optimize weight training on a whole other level. 

Huge reason why UNLV is bigger, faster, and stronger than the rest of you MWC peasants and will pave the way to our ascension to the P5. It all adds up to to -$100 for you buddy. I should just give you my CashApp now

Cash app??  South point during Nfr. Bring ph. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:59 PM, slappy said:

Cash app??  South point during Nfr. Bring ph. 

i wouldn't be caught dead in the Southpoint! we're not gonna hang out, old man! quit trying to make that happen! You will cramp my style. Unless you have a smoking hot granddaughter or something then we'll talk--I can knock down the $100 to $50

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Congratulations Rebels! You're off to a very impressive start. 👍

WE'RE #1!

WE'RE #1 

FUTURE MWC CHAMPIONS BABY!

UNLV's paid it's dues
Time after time
we've done our sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
we told them to lube
but now it's too late
we will kick them in the dick
UNLV WILL ALWAYS COME THROUGH
And we mean to go on and on and on and on!
BECAUSE UNLV are the champions, my PEASANTS
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions!
We are the champions!

No time for NATTY-LESS LOSERS
'Cause we are the champions of the World  OF THE MWC!!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 9/24/2022 at 8:47 PM, rebelcuff said:

If we win next week we have a great shot at a bowl game.

New MWC rules:

If you lose to New Mexico at home, you don't deserve to go Bowling.

After that you have five tough outs. We will see what the Rebs are made of.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Rebels18 said:

So, $900k per win thus far. Not a good ROI

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

LOGAN, Utah (UNLVRebels.com) – The UNLV (3-1/1-0) football team won for the third time in its first four games of a season for only the third time since the start of the Mountain West in 1999 (2003 and 2008), 34-24, over Utah State (1-3/0-1) Saturday evening at Maverik Stadium. The victory also snapped a six-game losing skid vs. USU and represented UNLV's first victory over the Aggies in Logan since 2007.

Quarterback Doug Brumfield ran for two early touchdowns and also threw another while the Rebel defense picked off USU signal-caller Logan Bonner five times to highlight the complete team victory. Including another fumble recovery, UNLV finished the game an eye-popping plus-six in turnovers.

Senior linebacker Austin Ajiake led all tacklers with 11 total and cornerback Nohl Williams posted 118 all-purpose yards between returning punts, kickoffs and interceptions.

REBEL OF THE GAME:
Despite seeing the game's top two receivers (Kyle Williams and Jeff Weimer) both leave with injury, Brumfield was surgically efficient all night. He finished completing 21-of-31 attempts for 217 yards and a score to go with his two rushing TDs.

STAT OF THE GAME:
UNLV's defense picked off five passes thanks to four different players (two by Nohl Williams, one by Austin Ajiake, Cameron Oliver and Jerrae Williams). It marked the first five-INT game for the Rebels since 1992 vs. Pacific.

QUOTABLE:
"These guys are excited. To win on the road in conference play against the defending Mountain West champions after a (USU) bye week is a big deal. We were sloppy on some things, we did some things we haven't done all season, but that's going to happen when we play on the road versus a quality opponent. The program has come a long way to win a game like that while playing imperfect and that's exciting."
-UNLV head coach Marcus Arroyo

REBEL NOTES:
-Aidan Robbins, who led all rushers with 81 net yards, scored one touchdown to give him eight overall on the year (seven rushing and one receiving). The Louisville transfer has scored in all four games as a Rebel
-Daniel Gutierrez made both of his field goal attempts to move into a tie with Dillon Pieffer (2000-03) for third in program history with 40 field goals
-WR Kyle Williams scored his team-leading fourth receiving TD before leaving the game with an injury
-In the second quarter, USU turned in the first blocked punt against UNLV since San Diego State in 2020
-That play resulted in the Aggies recording the first safety against the Rebels since Southern Utah got on Aug. 31, 2019
-UNLV finished 6-for-6 in the red zone while limiting USU to just two scores in four trips

NEXT FOR THE REBELS:
UNLV plays its first home Mountain West game of the season on a special Friday night affair vs. New Mexico. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. PT and the game will be televised nationally by CBS Sports Network

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/sep/24/red-hot-unlv-football-halfway-to-bowl-game-after-t/

The facts as things stand today:

UNLV is 3-1.

UNLV has a burgeoning star at quarterback.

UNLV won by double digits for the second straight week, and third time in four contests.

UNLV forced six more turnovers against Utah State, bringing the defense’s total to 10 on the season (nine interceptions).

Junior cornerback Nohl Williams picked off two passes, including the game-ender as the buzzer sounded. Junior defensive back Jerrae Williams added an interception, as did sophomore DB Cameron Oliver and senior linebacker Austin Ajiake.

Ajiake was proud but not surprised to see his unit step up and protect the lead down the stretch.

“It’s hard to lose a game when you get six turnovers like that,” Ajiake said. “It’s something we pride ourselves on throughout practice, making sure we’re stripping at the ball and getting picks.”

The postgame celebration inside the UNLV locker room was audible through the walls at Merlin Olsen Stadium, and with good reason, as the Scarlet and Gray now look like a team to be reckoned with in the Mountain West.

“It’s too loud right now in there. The boys are too excited,” Brumfield said with a grin. “Another win. Opening conference with a W against last year’s champion is a great feeling.”