Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Utah State

On 9/22/2022 at 8:26 PM, USU78 said:

Back in the olden days we were guaranteed wins every season over Vegas, Pacific, and the NewMags, even during the worst years in our history. Oh, sure, you'd steal one here and there, with five of your seven wins under NFL quality QBs.

This year's Ag team may well be just as bad as any awful team we've ever had.  Maybe not though. We'll see.

The Transfer Portal giveth and the Portal (and graduation) taketh away.

I never for one moment thought the UTAG season would be in the balance during the Conference Opener. And against UNLV of all teams.

I honestly thought it was a three way battle between AFA, Boise, and USU.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, Gator 82 said:

What do you think attendance will look like?

That is the million dollar question. After what happened last game and the coach's post-game comments aimed at Aggie fans that had booed them off the field it is going to be interesting to see how many fans return. Our bye week has now let that historic loss sit and fester among the fan base for two weeks....not good.

Obviously the Mav is not huge but it is usually not less than 75% filled. I could see attendance dip below that for this game. The student section should be packed with their 6k alloted seats but beyond that? Who knows?

On 9/22/2022 at 10:33 PM, TrueAg said:

?? Seems legit. With Nevada and UNLV both playing away that leaves Arbor View HS as the best atmosphere in Nevada this weekend 

Considering their playing Bishop Gorman this Friday, that’ll be short lived 

Has anyone noticed how quiet it was around here this past week from us UNLV posters? I bet the post count was down 30% overall on the board.  UNLV does a few things well and the post count goes down?

I guess just not much to bitch about. 

On 9/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, quickdraw said:

Has anyone noticed how quiet it was around here this past week from us UNLV posters? I bet the post count was down 30% overall on the board.  UNLV does a few things well and the post count goes down?

I guess just not much to bitch about. 

🎶 Two, four, six, and eight, who do we really hate Utah State sucks!  Scarlet and Grey are gonna blow them out!  We'll be in 1st place! 🎶 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/sep/23/unlv-football-buying-into-arroyos-vision-through-2/

UNLV football buying into Arroyo’s vision through 2-1 start

The Rebels will try for their first 3-1 start since 2008 when they open conference play at Utah State on Saturday (4 p.m., CBS Sports Network), an accomplishment that has seemed out of reach since Arroyo arrived in Las Vegas in 2020.

“Staying humble is an important piece of the progression,” Arroyo said. “The mindset, the ability to be humble and gritty and hungry for these opportunities is starting to take shape.

Arroyo said he’s not looking at what Utah State struggled to do against Weber State, but rather what UNLV has to do. Simply put, the Rebels need to finish the job in this year’s matchup. They jumped out to a 17-7 lead in the first quarter last year against the Aggies before losing 28-24 at Allegiant Stadium.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, Spaztecs said:

The Transfer Portal giveth and the Portal (and graduation) taketh away.

I never for one moment thought the UTAG season would be in the balance during the Conference Opener. And against UNLV of all teams.

I honestly thought it was a three way battle between AFA, Boise, and USU.

I thought USU was lucky last year, and not just against the rebels where they got the win in the last seconds. I figured it would be AFA and Fresno leading the divisions, but who knows now what will happen. Apparently it's all up for grabs.

I really wanted to go to this game, I loved the fall at Weber State, and Logan is even prettier. Perfect weekend for it. I think it will be a fun game, I'd love to see the rebs maybe come out with a win, but I'm not sure how they'll do on the road. I guess we'll find out, Go Rebs!

On 9/22/2022 at 3:10 PM, Gator 82 said:

I’m not sure why some are still not giving UNLV the benefit of the doubt. This is a strange year in the MWC. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season CSU, SDSU and USU would be ranked in the bottom 25 and UNLV would be sitting atop the MW West in week 4. I say the sky is the limit with these guys because they believe when nobody else does.

I think this is a dangerous game. Fans are sky high. Maybe the team is a bit overconfident. USU is probably pretty motivated and due for a good game.

I’m rooting for a magical 11-1 season for UNLV.  But then robelrobert wouldn’t be as entertaining he would probably be pretty annoying. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:59 PM, robe said:

I think this is a dangerous game. Fans are sky high. Maybe the team is a bit overconfident. USU is probably pretty motivated and due for a good game.

I’m rooting for a magical 11-1 season for UNLV.  But then robelrobert wouldn’t be as entertaining he would probably be pretty annoying. 

Nah, I think most UNLV fans are still pretty emotionally grounded when it comes to expectations for any UNLV football team. Most of us are still in a wait and see mode but definitely enjoying the ride at the same time. We’re all from Missouri. 

We’ll always have the Fire Marcus Arroyo thread to refer back to.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:14 PM, quickdraw said:

Nah, I think most UNLV fans are still pretty emotionally grounded when it comes to expectations for any UNLV football team. Most of us are still in a wait and see mode but definitely enjoying the ride at the same time. We’re all from Missouri. 

We’ll always have the Fire Marcus Arroyo thread to refer back to.

I noticed Rebel Robert has been a bit quiet this week.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, robe said:

I noticed Rebel Robert has been a bit quiet this week.

So you noticed that too. The same people bitching about Arroyo a few weeks ago will be his oldest and biggest supporters if we win tomorrow. 

Im just enjoying finally seeing good football from a team with UNLV on their helmets.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:19 PM, quickdraw said:

Think about how many years through how many coach’s UNLV has had many many good backs. 

The Chuck Wagon leaves, oh well there goes our running game. 😵

But WAIT! Here comes Robbins and a whole new group of RB’s. 😎

Lexington Thomas as well.