Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelSaint702

Utah State game day advice

On 9/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, Wyobraska said:

It was a business trip and I didn't have much time at all to do much else unfortunately.  

Stayed in Layton and went to the following cities:

Logan, Nibley, West Bountiful, Bountiful, South Weber, North Ogden, Hooper, Riverdale, Hyde Park, and a few others I can't recall.  

A lot of driving and a lot of meetings which business wise was good. 

Some of the places I ate that I liked were:

Holy Smoke BBQ in Layton

El Toro Viejo in Logan

Roosters Brewing in Layton

Kim Long Vietnamese Cuisine in Layton

Overall it was a good trip and enjoyed the area.  I wish I would have been able to get down to the Heber City area but ran out of time. 

I was amazed at how low the Great Salt Lake is. 

My guess is I will probably be headed back that way within the next 6 months or so if you have any good recommendations.  Probably around the same area. 

I do wish there was a Viva Chicken location in SLC.  I had that place in St. George earlier this year and it was really good.   

Yes, the GSL is dangerously low.  There are harmful toxins on the dried up lake beds. Leaders are worried about major health problems with likely dust storms covering our valley. 

Hit me up next time you’re here. So much to do here and not all of it is on a map. 

On 9/19/2022 at 3:39 PM, utenation said:

Yes, the GSL is dangerously low.  There are harmful toxins on the dried up lake beds. Leaders are worried about major health problems with likely dust storms covering our valley. 

Hit me up next time you’re here. So much to do here and not all of it is on a map. 

I actually attended a conference while I was there and they discussed the looming environmental disaster with the lake if things keep going the way it has.  Toxic levels of arsenic among other things.  

Hopefully I'll have some more time to explore next trip.  

Everybody loves El Toro but I hate that place.  The best Mexican food hands down is called Pancho's and it's right across the street to the west of the football stadium inside the student housing complex next to the Aggie chocolate factory.  And you can get cocktails in there.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, BigBlueFan said:

Everybody loves El Toro but I hate that place.  The best Mexican food hands down is called Pancho's and it's right across the street to the west of the football stadium inside the student housing complex next to the Aggie chocolate factory.  And you can get cocktails in there.

Nice.. any suggestions on what to order?

On 9/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, B_Lootz said:

Nice.. any suggestions on what to order?

I love anything there honestly.  My co-worker ordered the aguachile and raved about how good it was. I plan on trying it sometime. It's not common menu item in Mexican restaurants here in Logan.   My old man is on a diet and raved about how good the salad was.  Aggie rolls are a good appetizer as well.  They come with a delicious jalapeno jelly.  If you order something with red or green sauce.  Go with the green sauce.  Some of the best green sauce I have ever had anywhere.