Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelSaint702

Utah State game day advice

I live in Boise and am making the 4ish hour drive to Logan on Saturday for the game. 

Wont have a ton of time before the game, any suggestions on where to go pre game?  My son wants In-N-Out, and thats easy and close but where else should we hit up?

Will be myself and my 12 yr old son.

Go Rebels!

On 9/18/2022 at 5:03 PM, RebelSaint702 said:

I live in Boise and am making the 4ish hour drive to Logan on Saturday for the game. 

Wont have a ton of time before the game, any suggestions on where to go pre game?  My son wants In-N-Out, and thats easy and close but where else should we hit up?

Go Rebels!

Not sure if you plan on breakfast there, but if you do go to Herms Inn instead of Angie’s. El Toro Viejo has some good Mexican. Morty’s up on campus has some really good burgers, as is Juniper take out. Get some Bluebird candy or chocolate for the road. I’m sure there are some other good joints in Cache Valley to hit up but I haven’t been there in a couple of years.

I’ll also be at the game with my two sons. Hopefully we get a nice contingent of fans there.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, B_Lootz said:

Not sure if you plan on breakfast there, but if you do go to Herms Inn instead of Angie’s. El Toro Viejo has some good Mexican. Morty’s up on campus has some really good burgers, as is Juniper take out. Get some Bluebird candy or chocolate for the road. I’m sure there are some other good joints in Cache Valley to hit up but I haven’t been there in a couple of years.

I’ll also be at the game with my two sons. Hopefully we get a nice contingent of fans there.

How the hell do you know the Logan food scene this well? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/18/2022 at 5:24 PM, madmartigan said:

How the hell do you know the Logan food scene this well? 

In laws are from the Bear Lake area and pass through that way. In fact, the first dinner I had with them was at the old Bluebird restaurant on main st.

Don’t most people know those places when coming to Logan?

On 9/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, RebelSaint702 said:

Go Rebels!

Awesome great experience for your son and yourself.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, B_Lootz said:

One of my favorite childhood memories is grandpa taking us to Bluebird to sit on a stool up front and have an ironport & cherry. The food there sucks, but the soda fountain and chocolates are great.

Getting a scoop of aggie blue mint should be added to your list as well. And some cheese curds from Gossners would be another good thing to take for the road.

I'll have to give Herms Inn a try... but those Angie's scones are hard to beat.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:36 PM, utenation said:

Logan has a few decent watering holes. 

I think I was there in 2013 and they had two beer and wine bars and only one social club that had a full bar. Must’ve changed, great little town and very welcoming fan base.  

On 9/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, tailingpermit said:

I think I was there in 2013 and they had two beer and wine bars and only one social club that had a full bar. Must’ve changed, great little town and very welcoming fan base.  

It’s been awhile for me too. Looks like there’s about 5-6 decent pubs/cocktail bars in Logan that aren’t chain restaurants. 

The White Owl was always fun in my youth. 

On 9/18/2022 at 5:03 PM, RebelSaint702 said:

Go Rebels!

Herms inn if you’re around for breakfast 

Tandoori Oven for lunch or dinner (right by campus)- best restaurant in town IMO

Angies for the nostalgia (mediocre but satisfying diner food)

Mortys if you want a burger 

El Toro Viejo for Mexican 

No great Pizza but Firehouse has good dessert and focaccia bread 

Logan isn’t a great food town (lots of chains) but there are some nostalgic classics.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, tailingpermit said:

I spent some time around the SLC area lately and went over to Logan for a little bit.  Logan was my favorite area.  

On 9/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, Wyobraska said:

I spent some time around the SLC area lately and went over to Logan for a little bit.  Logan was my favorite area.  

I remember you asking us about things to do while in Utah awhile back.  I think it was a business trip if I remember correctly. What did you do while here and where did you go?

On 9/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, utenation said:

I remember you asking us about things to do while in Utah awhile back.  I think it was a business trip if I remember correctly. What did you do while here and where did you go?

It was a business trip and I didn't have much time at all to do much else unfortunately.  

Stayed in Layton and went to the following cities:

Logan, Nibley, West Bountiful, Bountiful, South Weber, North Ogden, Hooper, Riverdale, Hyde Park, and a few others I can't recall.  

A lot of driving and a lot of meetings which business wise was good. 

Some of the places I ate that I liked were:

Holy Smoke BBQ in Layton

El Toro Viejo in Logan

Roosters Brewing in Layton

Kim Long Vietnamese Cuisine in Layton

Overall it was a good trip and enjoyed the area.  I wish I would have been able to get down to the Heber City area but ran out of time. 

I was amazed at how low the Great Salt Lake is. 

My guess is I will probably be headed back that way within the next 6 months or so if you have any good recommendations.  Probably around the same area. 

I do wish there was a Viva Chicken location in SLC.  I had that place in St. George earlier this year and it was really good.