Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Anxiety/Panic attacks.

Yes, more people than you'd ever imagine probably. I don't have panic attacks per se, but I've suffered from episodes of excessive worrying on and off for years. It's sucks and it's humiliating, but it is also very treatable and manageable. Consider getting professional help if you don't have it already. CBT (with or without medication) works wonders. It's hard work but it pays off.

From a house full of current Covid sufferers, I wish your loved one a speedy recovery. You've got this!

On 9/18/2022 at 2:35 AM, I am Ram said:

Yes, more people than you'd ever imagine probably. I don't have panic attacks per se, but I've suffered from episodes of excessive worrying on and off for years. It's sucks and it's humiliating, but it is also very treatable and manageable. Consider getting professional help if you don't have it already. CBT (with or without medication) works wonders. It's hard work but it pays off.

From a house full of current Covid sufferers, I wish your loved one a speedy recovery. You've got this!

Thank you for being amazing!

I appreciate you!

Yes. And it was awful. It was when I went for some college courses a few years back. Due to surgeries, I had to switch them all to online.

+++++. Even just thinking of how everything seemed to pile on at once, still ticks that anxiety. And since then, every so often, randomly at that, I'll end up with a dream being in high school, and something goes wrong for me, and that inner anxiety builds up. Like forgetting my locker combination, or class schedule, homework, that kind of thing. And its always at that time where you need to know it.

Never mind that my high school that I went to (building wise) was torn down several years ago and replaced by a new one that I have never been inside of.

Surgeries? Meh. I look forward to getting them done with, but have never really had panic or anxiety over them. Not that I don't get why others would, I just never have.

But when I find myself getting to that point again (awake, that is), I look for something that makes me laugh. And if your better half just tested positive, a bit of laughter wouldn't hurt them either. Take your mind off of the bad stuff going on, if for a little bit, and enjoy something that makes you genuinely happy. Because being a nervous wreck does no one any good. 

On 9/17/2022 at 11:25 PM, tailingpermit said:

Does anyone else suffer through this?

It makes me feel better just talking about it.  

The love of my life just tested positive for covid, it stresses the living shit out of me.  

I’ve had some Lyme induced panic attacks. It wasn’t caused by stress or me worrying, but my body would just involuntarily mimic them. A few of them were almost deadly. A few times my pretty normal blood pressure would spike to stroke level. My highest was nearly 400 over 190. I literally felt like I was going to pop. The ER docs were surprised that I didn’t have a stroke or stroke out. It was horrible. They would inject me with Valium and a couple other things and it came down. 

She’ll be fine. Even if she’s really overweight, older and didn’t get vaccinated, they’ve gotten better at beating it, and the strain she got should be watered down and weaker than the original first few. 

kat.jpg

I sleep probably 5 nights a week, sometimes 4. I can only sleep if completely drained and my body says no more. Probably not considered a panic attack, but it’s definitely anxiety related. With a wife and 5 kids the weight on my shoulders can get a little heavy sometimes.

But I think the lack of sleep affects my memory and other little things, which adds to the list of things to worry about.

On 9/18/2022 at 3:33 AM, son of a gun said:

Yes. And it was awful. It was when I went for some college courses a few years back. Due to surgeries, I had to switch them all to online.

+++++. Even just thinking of how everything seemed to pile on at once, still ticks that anxiety. And since then, every so often, randomly at that, I'll end up with a dream being in high school, and something goes wrong for me, and that inner anxiety builds up. Like forgetting my locker combination, or class schedule, homework, that kind of thing. And its always at that time where you need to know it.

Never mind that my high school that I went to (building wise) was torn down several years ago and replaced by a new one that I have never been inside of.

Surgeries? Meh. I look forward to getting them done with, but have never really had panic or anxiety over them. Not that I don't get why others would, I just never have.

But when I find myself getting to that point again (awake, that is), I look for something that makes me laugh. And if your better half just tested positive, a bit of laughter wouldn't hurt them either. Take your mind off of the bad stuff going on, if for a little bit, and enjoy something that makes you genuinely happy. Because being a nervous wreck does no one any good. 

Thank you so much for sharing!

I too have a constant dream that I did not graduate college.  

I appreciate you, thanks again!

On 9/18/2022 at 3:35 AM, Nevada Convert said:

I’ve had some Lyme induced panic attacks. It wasn’t caused by stress or me worrying, but my body would just involuntarily mimic them. A few of them were almost deadly. A few times my pretty normal blood pressure would spike to stroke level. My highest was nearly 400 over 190. I literally felt like I was going to pop. The ER docs were surprised that I didn’t have a stroke or stroke out. It was horrible. They would inject me with Valium and a couple other things and it came down. 

She’ll be fine. Even if she’s really overweight, older and didn’t get vaccinated, they’ve gotten better at beating it, and the strain she got should be watered down and weaker than the original first few. 

She’s in great shape and young, she just has really bad asthma so she’s in the “high risk” category.  

You’ll love this, we have 4 cats, 3 are rescues (they rescued us). I had a crippling panic attack and fell to the floor, they immediately started jumping on me to make me feel better.  

Thank you for sharing, I appreciate you!

On 9/18/2022 at 3:50 AM, IanforHeisman said:

I sleep probably 5 nights a week, sometimes 4. I can only sleep if completely drained and my body says no more. Probably not considered a panic attack, but it’s definitely anxiety related. With a wife and 5 kids the weight on my shoulders can get a little heavy sometimes.

But I think the lack of sleep affects my memory and other little things, which adds to the list of things to worry about.

I couldn’t imagine what that weight on your shoulders would be like.  My partner and I are trying to have our first.  

Thank you for sharing, I appreciate you!!!

I have diagnosed anxiety disorder, it's a helluva thing to deal with. Sometime it results in full blown panic attacks, but other times I just needlessly stress and worry about every little thing. It also leads to bouts of persistent insomnia, which is often times why you can find me here at 2-3am even when I'm not watching the Bulldogs getting their asses kicked. I used to take Xanax and Klonopin for it, but I haven't used them for a couple of years now. 

I hope your partner gets through COVID without issue. My sister has asthma as well, and came through COVID twice without too much of an issue, if that helps you out any. 

About twice a week. Between trying to keep my mother safe as we try to move her into an assisted living facility and continuing to manage her grief of losing her husband of 57 years, while trying to help our daughter navigate her emotional issues, I consider it a good day if I don't have a meltdown of some sort.

And I often find it oddly comforting to know that, well, life sucks and a lot of people are dealing with some serious shit.  Group therapy as part of my daughter's treatment plan has been great in that regard.

You'll never walk alone, as the fans of Liverpool FC sing. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I've had trouble with anxiety on and off for much of my life. However, I haven't had an actual panic attack since being put on a small dose of medication 30 years ago. Thankfully, because those can be really debilitating. It also helps that society has become much more aware and tolerant of such problems so only ignorant fools still stigmatize those admitting to them.

And yes, having pets also helps.

On 9/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I've had trouble with anxiety on and off for much of my life. However, I haven't had an actual panic attack since being put on a small dose of medication 30 years ago. Thankfully, because those can be really debilitating. It also helps that society has become much more aware and tolerant of such problems so only ignorant fools still stigmatize those admitting to them.

And yes, having pets also helps.

If you adopt a feral cat, don’t let halfman know because he’ll hire a cat burglar to come steal it and then send it to ISIS to be beheaded. 

kat.jpg

On 9/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Nevada Convert said:

If you adopt a feral cat, don’t let halfman know because he’ll hire a cat burglar to come steal it and then send it to ISIS to be beheaded. 

That sounds way too complicated.  A simple baseball bat does the same thing.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

How are you doing today, @tailingpermit, bit better?

For what it's worth, omicron doesn't seem to really like the lungs all that much, so that should be good news for asthma patients. My family and I have had Covid for the past week or so. Kids are (predictably) totally fine. I feel like I got a sampler plate with a little of everything but only two days in bed/on the couch. My wife got hit a bit harder, mainly headaches and fatigue. But notably, no one's had anything lung-related other than a bit of slime.