Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Brett Favre could be in trouble for this

I thought there was a thread for this, Brett Favre getting Mississippi welfare funds to build a volleyball 'stadium' at his daughter's college, but I didn't see it? Maybe it was somewhere else. Anyway, Mississippi residents don't have clean water but he got money for volleyball. Might be a few of these people in jail one day. This thread and article show the texts..

On 9/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

This is legit corruption. I wonder if he'll get in trouble for this

On 9/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

This is legit corruption. I wonder if he'll get in trouble for this

Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/17/2022 at 8:17 AM, toonkee said:

”I know, let's make a record of our schemes in writing. We can text and email each other instead of taking on the phone!” - Brett Farvrrrer 

Oh, was that not a good plan?

Federal dollars, meaning your tax dollars, diverted to something other than intended.  I think that shocks no one.  

The other thing is that the volleyball arena costs were exceeded and more money was needed.  So Farve was given a little more than a million dollars for a speaking engagement.  Again, from that federal fund.  He never had a speaking engagement.  He was directly caught in that and he paid back the million dollars but, while the money was sitting in his bank account he earned interest which he kept.   Great guy.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

On 9/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, soupslam1 said:

Tip of the iceberg on what happens in DC every day. 

And in every state house, city hall, governor's mansion, county commission...and private business. 

On 9/17/2022 at 10:27 AM, SpaceForced said:

Federal dollars, meaning your tax dollars, diverted to something other than intended.  I think that shocks no one.  

The other thing is that the volleyball arena costs were exceeded and more money was needed.  So Farve was given a little more than a million dollars for a speaking engagement.  Again, from that federal fund.  He never had a speaking engagement.  He was directly caught in that and he paid back the million dollars but, while the money was sitting in his bank account he earned interest which he kept.   Great guy.

not only that, but Mississippi basically denied everyone who applied for TANF. they intentionally misused money meant to help those in need

On 9/17/2022 at 11:39 AM, soupslam1 said:

Tip of the iceberg on what happens in DC every day. 

Dont be silly.

There's no evidence Carson Wentz has done anything remotely like this.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:39 AM, Maji said:

not only that, but Mississippi basically denied everyone who applied for TANF. they intentionally misused money meant to help those in need

I read somewhere that there are only 200 adults in the entire state of Mississippi receiving welfare funds right now. I don't know if this is true, but that would make sense.

On 9/17/2022 at 3:28 PM, 4UNLV said:

I read somewhere that there are only 200 adults in the entire state of Mississippi receiving welfare funds right now. I don't know if this is true, but that would make sense.

I don't know if 200 is accurate but it is a low number in that state. This article from December 2021 said:

The roughly 1,500 families receiving welfare benefits in Mississippi, the poorest state in the nation, will see a $1,000 boost just in time for the holiday season.

Though more than 200,000 families live in poverty in Mississippi, less than 1% of them actually receive the government benefit because of strict rules around who receives cash assistance.

The monthly check is relatively low — just $260 for a family of three — so the state only spends about 5% of the $86.5 million it receives for welfare each year on cash assistance for low-income families.

The federal fund that supplies cash welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), was also the target of a massive alleged theft scheme and broad mismanagement in recent years. Four people arrested in February of 2020, including the former director of Mississippi Department of Human Services, which administers the aid, still await trial in what official have called the largest public embezzlement case in state history. Two others have pleaded guilty.

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/12/22/mississippi-welfare-recipients-get-1000-boost-during-holidays/

On 9/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, FresnoFacts said:

I don't know if 200 is accurate but it is a low number in that state. This article from December 2021 said:

The roughly 1,500 families receiving welfare benefits in Mississippi, the poorest state in the nation, will see a $1,000 boost just in time for the holiday season.

Though more than 200,000 families live in poverty in Mississippi, less than 1% of them actually receive the government benefit because of strict rules around who receives cash assistance.

The monthly check is relatively low — just $260 for a family of three — so the state only spends about 5% of the $86.5 million it receives for welfare each year on cash assistance for low-income families.

The federal fund that supplies cash welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), was also the target of a massive alleged theft scheme and broad mismanagement in recent years. Four people arrested in February of 2020, including the former director of Mississippi Department of Human Services, which administers the aid, still await trial in what official have called the largest public embezzlement case in state history. Two others have pleaded guilty.

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/12/22/mississippi-welfare-recipients-get-1000-boost-during-holidays/

Welfare has a lifetime limit on how long you can draw funds as well.  I think you only get benefits of up to 7 years your entire life.