Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecMD

Ads

Adception. 

84D7AAB0-0AF9-4C0E-A75C-F313C8B2261C.png.ec1c5ad9cad4d2ad036509956e69ef92.png

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 10/1/2022 at 6:38 AM, Subcanis said:

Adception. 

84D7AAB0-0AF9-4C0E-A75C-F313C8B2261C.png.ec1c5ad9cad4d2ad036509956e69ef92.png

Wtf

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 10/1/2022 at 7:08 PM, retrofade said:

Jeff: 

This Is Fine GIF

38D83C8E-CAFE-4C85-9307-22836FDBD81D.png.21fde2b9b0de14c3f4f118b4240513dc.png

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

All jokes aside,

Come the +++++ on Jeff.  Its making the site unusable on mobile. 

If I take a drive up to West Yellowstone with my phone tracking me and go home will the ad that continues trying to convince me to visit Montana while posting go away? Anyone try this with any success? It's not that far. 

On 9/16/2022 at 8:55 AM, AztecMD said:

I just went to open a thread about sdsu and was asked if I needed medication for AIDS.  The new ads may be the most annoying I’ve ever encountered on message boards.  That is all.  

I once went out with a girl for a short time that was even more annoying than that, but not my much. 

kat.jpg

I think I'm having a seizure. image.png.3e52dc9e888dc172237e07cb4c3a96ac.png

On 9/30/2022 at 7:27 PM, Jeffkills said:

I hear ya, but I’m leaving it as is for now.

The 2 halves of this sentence contradict each other.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

On 9/16/2022 at 10:25 AM, bornontheblue said:

I just got the Pixel 6. Pretty decent phone so far. 

Give it 6 months, I am shitcanning Google phones.  They are shit after a year.  I will be getting my first iPhone.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 10/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, modestobulldog said:

Give it 6 months, I am shitcanning Google phones.  They are shit after a year.  I will be getting my first iPhone.

I'll second this. Their cameras are amazing, but not worth it when the motherboard gives out after 12 months. My most recent pixel went out while I was in another country and it was a huge pain in the ass trying to deal with proof of covid shots and e-airline tickets....

Got my first Samsung recently and the camera isn't quite as good, but the piece of mind from reliability is worth it.

On 10/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, modestobulldog said:

Dissenting opinion: I've owned 3 Google phones: Nexus 6p, Nexus 5x, Pixel, and Pixel 2 XL. Only one I had an issue with was the 5x, which got stuck in a boot loop after 3 years. Rode the other ones for 3-4 years before replacing. Great phones. Got too pricey for my taste, but if I were to buy a new phone today I would 100% get a Pixel 6a.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 10/4/2022 at 9:43 AM, WYO1016 said:

Dissenting opinion: I've owned 3 Google phones: Nexus 6p, Nexus 5x, Pixel, and Pixel 2 XL. Only one I had an issue with was the 5x, which got stuck in a boot loop after 3 years. Rode the other ones for 3-4 years before replacing. Great phones. Got too pricey for my taste, but if I were to buy a new phone today I would 100% get a Pixel 6a.

We have a big family account that I manage, we've had a total of 12 Google phones, they've all been s***. Two Nexus 6p, three pixels, two pixel 2 XL, two pixel 3 XL, and three pixel 5A 5G. I left this morning for my road trip to wisconsin, catch the Fall colors, and do some cleanup at my cabin. Last night, my pixel 5A 5G got the black screen of death last night about a half hour after my post. A real pain in the ass when you're leaving on a trip. The people who've had iPhones on our account have had spectacular results. My pixel 5a 5g isn't worth the $400 I paid for it. I have a pioneer stereo in my pickup, and the 5a 5g overheats to the point where I have to mount it right in front of the air conditioner to keep it from overheating in Android auto mode. It's shut down on me several times, and the Bluetooth signal is s***. Well, today at traveled with my wife's old pixel 3 XL pink gosh darn it, not a problem in the world. Strong Bluetooth connection, didn't crash once.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On mobile it's getting worse. I am getting full screen pop up ads several times a minute. (Any new thread) The constant hanging ads are incredibly annoying, and the ads that come from the sides suck. I get the need to monetize, but if this keeps up I will no longer use the site on mobile. It's just a terrible overall experience 

On 10/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, Los_Aztecas said:

On mobile it's getting worse. I am getting full screen pop up ads several times a minute. (Any new thread) The constant hanging ads are incredibly annoying, and the ads that come from the sides suck. I get the need to monetize, but if this keeps up I will no longer use the site on mobile. It's just a terrible overall experience 

It sure is.