Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trojan209

Fresno @ USC Game Thread

On 9/18/2022 at 7:08 PM, aztech said:

Instead of commenting on UCLA's attendance don't you have bigger issues concerning your QB?  

I need a diversion.

Our QB will be fine once we get an OL that is 1/2-way-servicable.  That is if RS Frosh-QB1 can stay healthy until then.  Kid leads the nation by a mile in taking sacks.  He needs to shorten his wind-up as well...

We need a new punter too.  The kid HC MJN-III brought from Australia by way of UNR is not good.  Does Punting God/Halloween Party Boy have any eligibility left now that the Bills fired him?

On 9/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

We can't all have:

#1 - mini-vans full of breeders & their copious off-spring

#2- an on-campus stadium.  That haul from Westwood-to-Pasadena is a loooong way for a frosh w/no car.

#3 - UCLA is on the Qtrs System.  Students aren't back until this wk.

I spent some time wrk'g on the UCLA campus recently (2020-'22),  I'm guessing there's a dramatic cultural switch over the last few decades w/in the UC System.  If there is someone else closer to the situation, pls share your experiences & perspective.  I my unscientific observation shows there is a much hire percentage of Asian students on campus.  Could it be that they aren't embracing spectator sports like football, like European, Latino & other groups have in the past?

#4 - The BIGGEST reason:  UCLA hasn't been winning as of late.

I don’t think #3 really applies. I have a son that goes to USC. Look at the student section. Asian and Hispanic faces are at least representative of the percentage of the student body which is over 50 percent. I would tell you that I’m really impressed with how the school helps build the cult of USC and it’s superior lifestyle (apologies to CSU). He interacts regularly with UCLA students and unscientifically thinks the USC students seem to be more invested in the school. It doesn’t hurt that Lincoln  Riley is more media savvy than Chip Kelly. I suspect there will be a strong contingent of USC fans at the Rose Bowl and for that matter Pauley Pavillion and travel across town won’t matter for USC, at least when they’re winning. I just bought tickets to the USC/UCLA game. The ticket prices have increased at least 50 percent in the last week. $200 for corner seats, $130 last week. The fans are there.

with respect to Fresno State, your D line is legit. Perales is a beast. It’s the first time I’ve seen Caleb Williams look over his shoulder looking for pressure. If your backup plays like he did, it’s Fresno and AF in the championship.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:31 AM, NMpackalum said:

with respect to Fresno State, your D line is legit. Perales is a beast. It’s the first time I’ve seen Caleb Williams look over his shoulder looking for pressure. If your backup plays like he did, it’s Fresno and AF in the championship.

From the limited action from fife I think we still have a good shot, I would like to see him run but I understand if that dude goes down too then we’re really in trouble

On 9/18/2022 at 10:50 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

I need a diversion.

Our QB will be fine once we get an OL that is 1/2-way-servicable.  That is if RS Frosh-QB1 can stay healthy until then.  Kid leads the nation by a mile in taking sacks.  He needs to shorten his wind-up as well...

We need a new punter too.  The kid HC MJN-III brought from Australia by way of UNR is not good.  Does Punting God/Halloween Party Boy have any eligibility left now that the Bills fired him?

Fairly spot on take.

Albeit the new kicker may not have the Punt God's leg, he is better at dropping it inside the 20 and is a more accurate FG kicker.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/18/2022 at 1:42 AM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

@smithy - Q#1 - What does this have to do w/my responce above to @SJSUMFA2013?

Q#2 - Y'all travel well to games in Calif (...and maybe Reno).  Pls tell us how y'all travel to Bowl Games outside of your school's home state...

We do pretty well at out of state games in NM, Vegas and even in the past to Idaho. If the MWC had better post season bowl tie ins  than the mediocre ones we have now we would be more excited. Look up MWC on Wikipedia for our tie ins and you will understand. If Baylor had this setup would you go?

On 10/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, smithy said:

We do pretty well at out of state games in NM, Vegas and even in the past to Idaho. If the MWC had better post season bowl tie ins  than the mediocre ones we have now we would be more excited. Look up MWC on Wikipedia for our tie ins and you will understand. If Baylor had this setup would you go?

Let’s hope Heaner get’s better fast, so y’all can go to the LA Bowl, just down CA-99 @ SoFi.

That 1st-1/2 in Conn was brutal to watch.  Bless the hood Lord baby Jesús for ST.

¿Why are y’all having such a hard time forcing turn-overs on D this-yr?