Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trojan209

Fresno @ USC Game Thread

On 9/18/2022 at 1:14 PM, utenation said:

I didn’t see much of your game, I was at ours. How’s your back up QB? 

Jeff is a good coach and he’ll get something figured out. Bye week, then a terrible UConn team. @BSU next.  That one will be tough.

He looked really, really good. 11 out of 12 passing for 140 yards and showed good mobility.

On 9/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

We can't all have:

#1 - mini-vans full of breeders & their copious off-spring

#2- an on-campus stadium.  That haul from Westwood-to-Pasadena is a loooong way for a frosh w/no car.

#3 - UCLA is on the Qtrs System.  Students aren't back until this wk.

I spent some time wrk'g on the UCLA campus recently (2020-'22),  I'm guessing there's a dramatic cultural switch over the last few decades w/in the UC System.  If there is someone else closer to the situation, pls share your experiences & perspective.  I my unscientific observation shows there is a much hire percentage of Asian students on campus.  Could it be that they aren't embracing spectator sports like football, like European, Latino & other groups have in the past?

#4 - The BIGGEST reason:  UCLA hasn't been winning as of late.

Lol. The LA metro population is about 13 million and the best they can pull is 29k? UCLA won 8 games last year and are 3-0 this year. Not winning as of late? Ummm, ok. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, utenation said:

Lol. The LA metro population is about 13 million and the best they can pull is 29k? UCLA won 8 games last year and are 3-0 this year. Not winning as of late? Ummm, ok. 

Okay...so what do you think about kids aren't back from Summer yet, the distance to Pasadena & my 'racist' take on the growing Asian student population?

Other things I didn't bring up.  I think culturally Utah has a much more mid-western sensibility than LA does, that lends it's self more to fb fandom.

I know there are a lot of newbbies in the SLC metro area, however I'm guessing that ratio is higher in LA/SoCal.

I'm not trying to justify it.  I'm just trying to understand or explain it.  I really don't have a dog in the fight.  

The fact remains USC is back to packing close to 70k in the the Collusem, while UCLA is under 30k.  I'm not here to judge los Bruins.  I'm just asking, ¿Why?

On 9/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

Okay...so what do you think about kids aren't back from Summer yet, the distance to Pasadena & my 'racist' take on the growing Asian student population?

Other things I didn't bring up.  I think culturally Utah has a much more mid-western sensibility than LA does, that lends it's self more to fb fandom.

I know there are a lot of newbbies in the SLC metro area, however I'm guessing that ratio is higher in LA/SoCal.

I'm not trying to justify it.  I'm just trying to understand or explain it.  I really don't have a dog in the fight.  

The fact remains USC is back to packing close to 70k in the the Collusem, while UCLA is under 30k.  I'm not here to judge los Bruins.  I'm just asking, ¿Why?

The cross town trek is brutal on UCLA attendance.  There are lots of other factors too, but that one is real.  

UCLA is a basketball school and Southern Cal is a football school is obviously part of it too

On 9/18/2022 at 3:08 PM, CPslograd said:

The cross town trek is brutal on UCLA attendance.  There are lots of other factors too, but that one is real.  

UCLA is a basketball school and Southern Cal is a football school is obviously part of it too

a lot of UCLA alums are just apathetic in general toward athletics too from what i have seen...lol

its def a basketball school tho...and back in 97...the only time they had a chance of being a football school in the last 30 years...edgerrin james ran wild and ripped cade mcnown's heart out of his chest...lol

On 9/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, utenation said:

i saw pics...they may have sold 29k tickets...but theres no +++++ing way there was 29k people at that south alabummer tilt yesterday...lol

On 9/18/2022 at 3:20 PM, SAMO said:

i saw pics...they may have sold 29k tickets...but theres no +++++ing way there was 29k people at that south alabummer tilt yesterday...lol

Their season ticket holders won't show up unless the competition is worth seeing.  You forget, it's LA..  Not the Deep South.;  

On 9/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, aztech said:

Their season ticket holders won't show up unless the competition is worth seeing.  You forget, it's LA..  Not the Deep South.;  

i wasnt speaking toward LA fan apathy...just the fact that there weren't 29k people in the rose bowel yesterday...lol

On 9/18/2022 at 12:04 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

I spent some time wrk'g on the UCLA campus recently (2020-'22),  I'm guessing there's a dramatic cultural switch over the last few decades w/in the UC System.  If there is someone else closer to the situation, pls share your experiences & perspective.  I my unscientific observation shows there is a much hire percentage of Asian students on campus.  Could it be that they aren't embracing spectator sports like football, like European, Latino & other groups have in the past?

Most UC's seem to be having shifting demographics. I got a master's from UCI before I went back to get a 2nd masters from USC. My experience at UCI probably mirrors UCLA is that there are a lot of Asian students on campus and a lot more females. I think it's about 60% female vs. 40% male students at UCLA. When I went to Irvine it was pushing 55% women to 45% men. 

2022_SOC_AnnounceB1G_Web_1920x1080_58_.jpg

On 9/18/2022 at 7:08 PM, aztech said:

Instead of commenting on UCLA's attendance don't you have bigger issues concerning your QB?  

yeah dumbass...howd you know im on staff as QB guru...lol

still not caring enough to reply i see...lol

your shitass team is so boring this year i guess you have little else to do besides that...lol

On 9/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, SAMO said:

yeah dumbass...howd you know im on staff as QB guru...lol

still not caring enough to reply i see...lol

your shitass team is so boring this year i guess you have little else to do besides that...lol

Oh, so now you're name calling.  Typical Fresneck.  LOL