Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 10/15/2022 at 1:34 AM, tailingpermit said:

Get used to Ron, he will be the next POTUS.  

So are you saying to country can expect more racism, voter suppression, book banning, unscientific views on viruses and vaccines, encouraged Nazi rallies, LGBTQ hate and more?

I know Florida residents mostly think this guy is some type of Superman and knows how to deal with hurricanes etc.  but I’m not sure putting another guy similar to Trump(but smarter)is a good move for the country. 

I’m hoping the GOP can bring someone better to the table that won’t destroy the country.  But my faith in this is about zero. 

On 10/15/2022 at 2:34 AM, tailingpermit said:

Biden doesn’t know jack shit about hurricanes. 

Florida does not fck around about disaster relief, DeSantis’s wife has created a fund that I believe is at $40 million dollars.  

Get used to Ron, he will be the next POTUS.  Britney Spears Yes GIF

On 10/15/2022 at 2:37 AM, tailingpermit said:

Amazing for them, but this was a win for DeSantis.  

On 10/15/2022 at 4:24 AM, utenation said:

So are you saying to country can expect more racism, voter suppression, book banning, unscientific views on viruses and vaccines, encouraged Nazi rallies, LGBTQ hate and more?

I know Florida residents mostly think this guy is some type of Superman and knows how to deal with hurricanes etc.  but I’m not sure putting another guy similar to Trump(but smarter)is a good move for the country. 

I’m hoping the GOP can bring someone better to the table that won’t destroy the country.  But my faith in this is about zero. 

No, I’m saying DeSantis will be our next President. 

4 more years of Trump wouldn’t “destroy the country.”

On 10/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, utenation said:

I wasn’t attacking you btw. Just not a fan of DeSantis at all. 

Oh I totally get it. 

The guy’s done some really stupid shit, that’s why I won’t vote for him. But he’s done too much for the Florida environment for me to vote against him.  

On 10/15/2022 at 2:24 PM, tailingpermit said:

Oh I totally get it. 

The guy’s done some really stupid shit, that’s why I won’t vote for him. But he’s done too much for the Florida environment for me to vote against him.  

So are you just going to leave Governor blank when you vote?

On 10/15/2022 at 6:59 PM, GoDogs22 said:

In what possible way is it a win for him? He's under investigation from multiple agencies over this

Because it appeals to the MAGA base. 

The investigations are a waste of time, political leverage.  

On 10/15/2022 at 7:10 PM, tailingpermit said:

Those two shitheads have their pockets lined by big sugar.  

Just have to ask, what politian doesn't have their pockets lined with corporate money? And I'm not pointing to any side or playing favorites. I've been accusing both sides the whole time. We have to stop the lobbyists. Good luck with that though. Until then it will be business as usual.  

On 10/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, AztecAlien said:

Just have to ask, what politian doesn't have their pockets lined with corporate money? And I'm not pointing to any side or playing favorites. I've been accusing both sides the whole time. We have to stop the lobbyists. Good luck with that though. Until then it will be business as usual.  

So, the issue in Florida is the fertile land below lake Okeechobee. Back in the day before it was annexed for sugar farms the lake water would drain south to the Everglades.  Big Sugar leased that land, and the money was supposed to go back to restore the area once big sugar left. Yet, our shit bag politicians have used the money for other things, putting IOU’s in the jar.  

DeSantis gives a shit about the environment, Scott and Rubio were absolute garbage.  

On 10/15/2022 at 8:37 PM, tailingpermit said:

So, the issue in Florida is the fertile land below lake Okeechobee. Back in the day before it was annexed for sugar farms the lake water would drain south to the Everglades.  Big Sugar leased that land, and the money was supposed to go back to restore the area once big sugar left. Yet, our shit bag politicians have used the money for other things, putting IOU’s in the jar.  

DeSantis gives a shit about the environment, Scott and Rubio were absolute garbage.  

I know sugar is an environmental disaster and DeSantis seems to care about the environment. I read about his stance and what he is doing regarding the invasive species problems in Florida as well. But throw some dollar bills at any politician and they will conveniently look the other way. Look at the lobbyists for the oil and auto industry. The technology has been there for decades to produce 40 to 50mpg cars. Politicians in CA voted against stopping fracking in that state. Why was that? I believe it was overturned by the governor. Good!! 

On 10/15/2022 at 10:49 PM, AztecAlien said:

I know sugar is an environmental disaster and DeSantis seems to care about the environment. I read about his stance and what he is doing regarding the invasive species problems in Florida as well. But throw some dollar bills at any politician and they will conveniently look the other way. Look at the lobbyists for the oil and auto industry. The technology has been there for decades to produce 40 to 50mpg cars. Politicians in CA voted against stopping fracking in that state. Why was that? I believe it was overturned by the governor. Good!! 

I agree with you 100%! There needs to be term limits in the house and senate. Only they can vote on that, so I think eventually that may cause a revolution.  Politicians should not become multi millionaire’s while doing their jobs.  

On 10/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, utenation said:

I wasn’t attacking you btw. Just not a fan of DeSantis at all. 

As Republicans usually overreach with their attacks, that asshole should have bussed those Venezuelans to his state.  Why?  Because they would do a good job of cleaning up the hurricane damage..  That's the kind of work most Americans are too lazy to do.  

Desantis' migrant flight contractor hired an undocumented worker as one of their recruiters for the flights.

That violates Florida state law which requires state contractors to only hire someone who can legally work in the US.

No US citizens or legal residents wanted the job?