Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, RSF said:

Yup.  One of my best friends lives in Boston, too. Yup, racist.  Most racist?  Not even in the top 10.  Take a lap.

Baltimore Center Fielder Adam Jones might disagree w/you:

https://twitter.com/SimplyAJ10/status/366706139829768193?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^366706139829768193|twgr^65ba0f79bdcbcbec4f051b255b27a46084e94d3b|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.complex.com%2Fsports%2F2017%2F05%2Fugly-history-boston-being-most-racist-sports-city-america

On 9/16/2022 at 2:30 AM, tailingpermit said:

He’s done amazing things for the environment here in Florida when all previous politicians were controlled by big sugar. He lost my vote, but I will not vote against him. My biggest concern is voting out Marco Rubio, that shitbag is controlled by big sugar.  

I'm confused.  Does this mean you'll abstain if he ever runs for office again in FLA?

On 9/16/2022 at 2:41 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Someone needs to clue in Prophet Ron that Martha’s Vineyard residents are totally pissed about it. I think it’s a hilarious and great idea. 

Lying to some of the most marginalized ppl in our society to get them to get on a plane is "hilarious?"

You never cease to amaze me.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:30 AM, bornontheblue said:

Excellent move by GOP governors. 

Put the consequences of the problem squarely in the laps of people who enable the problem and don't have to live with the consequences. 

Keep the flights going. 

How is it legal or even moral for Florida tax payers to foot the bill to ship migrants out of Tejas?

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/verify/immigration/florida-governor-desantis-12-million-program-transport-migrants-fact-check/536-7cb8159b-79c4-4f43-9c78-0fa009d9d2f5

On 9/19/2022 at 7:45 PM, AztecAlien said:

STFU happy. Where was your concern when Biden under Obama was putting kids in cages or moving immigrants at night? They just call it something different right. You're as fake as the liberals in Martha's Vineyard. 

Posting about it on here, talking about how we needed extreme immigration reform, and lamenting that Bush proposed real, substantive immigration reform only after he had spent every cent of political capital he ever had. 

What does that have to do with you thinking that treating other people as people can only be "performative"?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:25 PM, AztecAlien said:

uh.... hanging out with my family? 

Do you know what a time zone is?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/16/2022 at 9:38 AM, bornontheblue said:

I hardly think giving people a free airplane ride to a place where they will be well cared for is a violation of law. 

Keep the plane rides going. Make their communities feel the same strain that all the communities in Arizona and Texas feel along the border. We are all in this together. 

Those that enable the problem should not be free of the consequences. 

It's not free for the Floridians who paid for it.  The legality comes into play when FLA is paying to ship ppl from Tejas to Mass.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, bornontheblue said:

Oh many California communities understand the consequences of the neglectful, and inhumane way we deal with illegal immigration on our southern border. It is just that the people in the rich white elite zip codes in CA don't have to face those consequences on a daily basis like so many communities do across the country, like say Mcallen Texas.  They speak of compassion and acceptance, but they like cowards hide behind their gated communities in posh zip codes, with 24/7 security well insulated from the fallout of our inhumane immigration policy. It is well beyond time the consequences are forced upon them. 

Obviously you haven't been to LA lately.  Brad Pitt lives less than 1/2-a-mile from a bridge on the 101 that is home to dozens of homeless ppl.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Would be big if true. Alas…

748FFBF2-6CA6-42A2-A24F-A355C4011F56.jpeg.34cf99badd7b41ceccc596bfa4bf376c.jpeg

Yes, and those spikes in dead people during times of increased demand for labor would be much lower to zero if not for the fact that those people were prohibited by law from existing in the place where they died.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Prohibition in air quotes indeed.

And those are just the bodies we’ve found so far.

Prohibition never stops the thing. It just makes the thing more deadly. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anybody who gives a shit about human lives should be telling migrants to...just...not...do it. 

These people are not stupid. They know the risks. They're still doing it, despite the risks. 

Personally, I am fine with letting that guy have the job that is not being filled and thus contributing to inflation instead of the Rural Pennsylvania flunkie who won't go to rehab.

But I'm just a bleeding heart liberal. What do I know?

On 9/19/2022 at 9:57 PM, CPslograd said:

OK, fair enough.

But what's the cause of this?  Is Cuellar a heartless bastard?  Or is he representing his constituency?  The bullshit of it, is that it's all racism against brown people.  The majority of the people most impacted by Bidens border policy, are brown FFS.  I'm around central american green card holders all the time, I and my family interact with more mexican americans on a daily basis than a I do "white people".  As a rule, they aren't pro illegal immigration.

The Biden Amin border policy is a travshamockery which has created a mess.  The media ignores it, or like Biden lies and accuses border patrol agents of whipping migrants from horseback.  In order to call attention to it, the governors of three states bus migrants to self proclaimed sanctuary cities, who immediately cry foul and bus them out of their cities.  And I'm unchristian for being okay with the means the governors are forcing the admin and media to address it?

So you don’t see anything wrong with telling them they would have jobs or scheduling an asylum hearing in Spokane and sending them to Boston?   These items don’t bother you in the least? 

On 9/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is a disaster that is not being talked about enough.  

Anybody who gives a shit about human lives should be telling migrants to...just...not...do it.  The rate of violent crime they would be experienced to far, is statistically far greater than what they are they are fleeing.

In an ideal libertarian world where freedom of movement across multiple borders exists, that would not happen.  

you mean like this?

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/07/1004074139/harris-tells-guatemalans-not-to-migrate-to-the-united-states

On 9/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, smltwnrckr said:

These people are not stupid. They know the risks. They're still doing it, despite the risks. 

Personally, I am fine with letting that guy have the job that is not being filled and thus contributing to inflation instead of the Rural Pennsylvania flunkie who won't go to rehab.

But I'm just a bleeding heart liberal. What do I know?

Often times these people are coerced into making the journey with lies, promises and "recruiting" tactics.  This was well documented in 2020.  At 10 grand a person, it's big business.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:19 AM, smltwnrckr said:

Yes, and those spikes in dead people during times of increased demand for labor would be much lower to zero if not for the fact that those people were prohibited by law from existing in the place where they died.

Ah, but for reality things would be utopic.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:29 AM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

Lying to some of the most marginalized ppl in our society to get them to get on a plane is "hilarious?"

You never cease to amaze me.

Why do you spread propaganda? They were all volunteers, signed consent forms, given a map and explained where it was they would be going, etc. 

kat.jpg

On 9/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Often times these people are coerced into making the journey with lies, promises and "recruiting" tactics.  This was well documented in 2020.  At 10 grand a person, it's big business.

You mean Biden adm sneaky flights in the middle of the night so no one would notice? 

kat.jpg

DeSantis may unintentionally turn into a humanitarian over these people.

The U visa allows a crime victim to stay in the US for years and also leads to permanent residency/green cards. Law enforcement would need to sign off on the application saying these were crime victims.

While I think those using words like kidnapping are over the top, it will be interesting to see if any law enforcement decides that a case can be made that these people were fraudulently enticed to sign forms and board a plane.