renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/16/2022 at 1:46 PM, AztecAlien said:

Just curious, do you think it's not possible for this current administration to be using these immigrants as pawns as well? Or purposely ignoring the problem to make certain states look bad all in the name for votes? 

Do both use it to their advantage yes….  For instance I would like the Dems to pass a bill targeting the Dreamers alone but they won’t.   That being said none of it comes close to the child separation policy, denying entry to legal green card holders or denying someone their legal due process by scheduling them for a must appear meeting in Spokane and shipping them to Mass.  

What the Dems are doing isn’t just but it’s politics.  What the Republicans have done strips people of their their legal rights under current law because they are powerless immigrants.  It’s disgusting and inhumane.   

Had DeSantis sent them to Mass, not lied to them about jobs, informed Mass they were coming and not stripped them of rights by insuring they missed their required hearing…….  I would have not cared about it in the least.   But the way this was implemented was inhumane and everyone should be disgusted.   

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is that how illegal immigration happens now? A notification is sent ahead of time?

Not usually. But then again, governors have never been coyotes before. So we’re crossing all kinds of rubicons, I guess.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, NVGiant said:

Not usually. But then again, governors have never been coyotes before. So we’re crossing all kinds of rubicons, I guess.

funny how the people who scream loudest about human trafficking are the same ones pleased with republican governors playing the roles of human traffickers...lol

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 6:30 PM, sactowndog said:

Do both use it to their advantage yes….  For instance I would like the Dems to pass a bill targeting the Dreamers alone but they won’t.   That being said none of it comes close to the child separation policy, denying entry to legal green card holders or denying someone their legal due process by scheduling them for a must appear meeting in Spokane and shipping them to Mass.  

What the Dems are doing isn’t just but it’s politics.  What the Republicans have done strips people of their their legal rights under current law because they are powerless immigrants.  It’s disgusting and inhumane.   

Had DeSantis sent them to Mass, not lied to them about jobs, informed Mass they were coming and not stripped them of rights by insuring they missed their required hearing…….  I would have not cared about it in the least.   But the way this was implemented was inhumane and everyone should be disgusted.   

I think your point should be solving or restructuring the legislation in place that creates chaotic backups for people looking for better lives. What's going on at the Southern Border isn't working nor has it for decades. That's with several different administrations in place. However, the U.S. has immigration laws as do most countries. Instead of new 87,000 IRS agents, how about more agents at our borders to relieve long backups and the process for immigrants seeking opportunities. That would make it safe for the people wanting a better life trying to get in and make the U.S. safer knowing who's actually coming into our country. The U.S. also needs to start making Mexico, Central and South America take some responsibility as well. I also am not seeing all this as positive during a pandemic or a housing shortage. Blaming one political party is BS. 

On 9/16/2022 at 3:57 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah they do actually.  100% serious and they do have a point.  Oregon and Washington do not take proper care of their camping areas compared to Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and even Colorado.  It's not a priority.  

What? Oregon’s state park system is one of the best in the nation.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:32 PM, retrofade said:

do {
       Console.WriteLine("Own It")
}
while (BeingADipshit);

I think @AztecAlien is stuck. Can anyone write an escape for him? @AndroidAggie maybe?

I'm afraid thats an infinite loop.  Call the console operator and have him manually abend it.

Or try this.

If AA = 'Dipshit'

Then GoTo HumorHim

Else GoTo MiracleOccurred

• Cheers 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:01 PM, NVGiant said:

What? Oregon’s state park system is one of the best in the nation.

Talking about the state of the toilets and campgrounds in general.  Really beat up, even the remote ones, in the Eastern part of the state.  

On 9/16/2022 at 4:19 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

States can use their own tax resources to increase funding to maintain federal public lands.  It being federal land does not mean that states can not use their own tax dollars to maintain public lands.  Oregon and Washington do not allot enough of their own resources compared to the use they get to make it "nice".  

Congress has the say so, but they have by and large allowed states to invest as they see fit in federally owned recreation areas.  

According to the places you've been.  They have more people, more issues for the state funds to deal with, and a more diverse collection of parklands. I am not going to spend the time doing it because, well, why... but I could probably dig through the state budgets of all three states and make a strong argument that the state of the campgrounds you went to had.to.do with more than Portland crunches not liking to spend money on federal campgrounds.

On 9/16/2022 at 6:05 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Talking about the state of the toilets and campgrounds in general.  Really beat up, even the remote ones, in the Eastern part of the state.  

Most of the eastern campgrounds are federal, and in Oregon both the BLM and Forest Service contract with private companies for most upkeep like that (yay, gross vault toilets!). The state parks, run by the state, are typically in great shape

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, retrofade said:

That's why I was looking for someone to write an escape. 

I added something, but There's no escape from a dipshit.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:55 PM, AztecAlien said:

I think your point should be solving or restructuring the legislation in place that creates chaotic backups for people looking for better lives. What's going on at the Southern Border isn't working nor has it for decades. That's with several different administrations in place. However, the U.S. has immigration laws as do most countries. Instead of 87,000 IRS agents, how about more agents at our borders to relieve long backups and the process for immigrants seeking opportunities. That would make it safe for the people wanting a better life trying to get in and make the U.S. safer knowing who's actually coming into our country. The U.S. also needs to start making Mexico, Central and South America take some responsibility as well. I also am not seeing all this as positive during a pandemic or a housing shortage. Blaming one political party is BS. 

Yes I agree we need more judges to process cases more expeditiously.  But both sides stop shit for their own political advantage.  That kind of shit is both sides.  

What isn’t both sides is denying people their rights under our existing laws. That bullshit has been the sole Provence of the Republican Party and Republicans should be appalled. It just shows the rot of the party that most are cheering it on.  

On 9/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, NVGiant said:

Most of the eastern campgrounds are federal, and in Oregon both the BLM and Forest Service contract with private companies for most upkeep like that (yay, gross vault toilets!). The state parks, run by the state, are typically in great shape

Yeah, we are talking about facilities on public lands.  

On 9/16/2022 at 9:10 PM, RSF said:

I added something, but There's no escape from a dipshit.

I like it. But unfortunately, I fear that you are indeed correct that there just isn't any real escape. 

On 9/16/2022 at 4:37 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@smltwnrckr ok reached out to my Fish and Game buddy to get clarification. The Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution, Article VI, Clause 2. says States have legal authority to manage federal lands within their borders to the extent Congress has given them such authority.  This is why states can regulate the fishing and gaming parameters within federal lands.  A state can absolutely pay a state employee to clean an outhouse, repair a trail, or fix a picnic table on federal lands in most cases.  Wilderness areas and national parks being exceptions.  

That's fine, but it's absurd to expect state legislatures to prioritize maintenence of federal lands over state parks and rec priorities. So a real comparative analysis requires one to look apples to apples at state budgets and look at: allocations to federal lands in the context of visitation percentages as compared to stste parks which is the primary responsibility.

I don't doubt that Idaho has nice facilities. For all sorts of reasons. When I camped there the couple times, it was quite nice. But I don't buy that the difference between them and blue states is that liberals don't care as much about camping. Sorry.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:11 PM, sactowndog said:

Yes I agree we need more judges to process cases more expeditiously.  But both sides stop shit for their own political advantage.  That kind of shit is both sides.  

What isn’t both sides is denying people their rights under our existing laws. That bullshit has been the sole Provence of the Republican Party and Republicans should be appalled. It just shows the rot of the party that most are cheering it on.  

Not sure I am seeing this rot you claim from just or most of the Republican party. Especially after the Obama Administration. The cheering isn't coming from me or most conservatives I know. Other than that, I agree this needs to stop and be restructured.  

On 9/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, we are talking about facilities on public lands.  

Public federal lands, it sounds like. Oregon spends a lot of money on its state system.

• Like 1