Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, happycamper said:

what does this have to do with asking for asylum from a failed communist state

Lest we forget that this particular episode was not about illegal immigration.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:07 AM, grandjean87 said:

It's Friday afternoon MST and Ron DeSantis is still a fvcking little prick. 

Ironic that the short-lived, evil Family Separation Policy of the former administration can actually trace some roots to a former acting ICE director who earlier in his career was deeply moved by his role in the discovery of one of those horrible mass deaths in a trailer in Texas.   He wanted to do right, by the accounts of this in-depth report that smalltown linked some  months back (iirc). The guy got the incentives and cost/benefits wrong.  This summer's repeat tragedy did not occur because we have an open border.  More the opposite. 

One of the better pieces of reporting I've read this year.  Not for Fox News:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/09/trump-administration-family-separation-policy-immigration/670604/

That was a remarkable piece.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:07 AM, NVGiant said:

You think this was serious? You think you have the solution? Because Gov. Coyote doesn’t. His interest is in the election. 

Great, you realize that the border is deadly. You think this is all Biden’s doing or the Martha’s Vineyard crowd? And if so, do you think it was him being soft on the border, or because he continues to use things like Title 42 to make it harder to cross, Driving people to coyotes? Do you think Abbott cracking down on the border with the national guard doesn’t compel people to turn to coyotes? You think Trump’s bullshit didn’t do the same? You think DeSantis has a clue? A good portion of us have lived a lot closer to the border than he has. I don’t need a lecture from an overly ambitious clown in Florida about what happens on the border any more than I need him to show me that rich Northeasterners don’t quite get it. 

Keep rolling your eyes @smltwnrckr and applauding stunts. Because he’s right when he points out the negatives of prohibition.

We don’t need awareness created by reckless stunts. We need serious people and Florida man ain’t one of em. 

Biden is doing what is basically a pre-Trump Republican border policy. Just because he's not doing blatant crimes against humanity like the Trump administration doesn't mean he's an open borders advocate. 

But it's really fcking rich for conservatives to act like they care about migrants dying at the border. Isn't their death just less crime and drugs getting in to them? Isn't the belief that immigrants are bad and are tainting the national blood now a core tenet of the GOP? Why are they upset? 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Evidently we're going to need a bucket for all the faketard tears. Democrats have had Congress, the Senate and the WH for nearly two years. Where's all that legislation on immigration? 

article-10770-2.jpg.1c54af0ffd5535ea3e93f622d59e57fc.jpg

On 9/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, youngredbullfan said:

Biden is doing what is basically a pre-Trump Republican border policy. Just because he's not doing blatant crimes against humanity like the Trump administration doesn't mean he's an open borders advocate. 

But it's really fcking rich for conservatives to act like they care about migrants dying at the border. Isn't their death just less crime and drugs getting in to them? Isn't the belief that immigrants are bad and are tainting the national blood now a core tenet of the GOP? Why are they upset? 

No, Biden is not some open border advocate, but he certainly doesn’t have a coherent border policy.

Anyways, with the politics of this being where they are it’s tough to see how we ever get to a point where we actually create a better immigration system.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, AztecAlien said:

Evidently we're going to need a bucket for all the faketard tears. Democrats have had Congress, the Senate and the WH for nearly two years. Where's all that legislation on immigration? 

article-10770-2.jpg.1c54af0ffd5535ea3e93f622d59e57fc.jpg

Where is all the legislation on ANYTHING?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/23/2022 at 9:43 PM, youngredbullfan said:

Yeah it’s pretty rich pretending they care when they advocate leaving them in Mexico where they are prey to drug cartels.  That is some caring right there. 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:26 AM, sactowndog said:

To my point @AztecAlien super mega idiots my comment. 

What point is that? Liberals lose their minds because 50 illegal immigrants were shipped to Martha's Vineyard to fend for themselves? What happened? 24 hours of caring only to ship them out. You also keep talking about all these rights people here illegally have but I don’t see you talking about the rights of American citizens living in squatter throughout the metropolitan areas of this country. It's going to get worse. And where is all the housing for the millions of illegal immigrants that have crossed under this administration? What, we have capability to house and feed millions of illegal immigrants but turn our backs on the homeless? How do you fix the problems or ease policy on immigration with that many people crossing? It's a clusters caused by partisan BS. But you only point the finger at one side. 

Those horrible conditions in Martha's Vineyard. But nothing to see here right? 

texasborder.jpg.e302bf634d0c76d47e7818d8915b9323.jpg

On 9/24/2022 at 5:24 AM, happycamper said:

Where is all the legislation on ANYTHING?

It's tied up in the lobbyists checkbooks. Our entire political system has become corrupt AF. There is no more allegiance or fear of We The People. The power elite run it all. I will state it again, Democrat and Republican politicians are exactly the same just disguised differently. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, AztecAlien said:

What point is that? Liberals lose their minds because 50 illegal immigrants were shipped to Martha's Vineyard to fend for themselves? What happened? 24 hours of caring only to ship them out. You also keep talking about all these rights people here illegally have but I don’t see you talking about the rights of American citizens living in squatter throughout the metropolitan areas of this country. It's going to get worse. And where is all the housing for the millions of illegal immigrants that have crossed under this administration? What, we have capability to house and feed millions of illegal immigrants but turn our backs on the homeless? How do you fix the problems or ease policy on immigration with that many people crossing? It's a clusters caused by partisan BS. But you only point the finger at one side. 

You do know I was commenting about the article on the child separation policy.  You should read it.  Read it and see if you want to change your comment. 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, AztecAlien said:

I’m not saying it’s not a problem nor to I care if they are shipped around the country.  But to pretend a much poorer Mexico is any better equipped to house them is disingenuous. 

On 9/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, sactowndog said:

You do know I was commenting about the article on the child separation policy.  You should read it.  Read it and see if you want to change your comment. 

Yeah, I read the article. It was mostly finger pointing at one side. I super idiot you because again you went to blaming one side when I thought you would blame the political BS being played from both sides. But nope. There was a small part where the article actually got it right. I will ask what political party has current control of Congress? But hey, 87,000 new IRS agents should help with immigration legislation, understaffed and overworked border agents.👍 

From The Article 

"Congress, too, deserves blame, because it failed for decades to fill a legislative vacuum that anti-immigration officials moved to exploit. For too long, an overworked and underequipped border-police force has been left to determine crucial social, economic, and humanitarian policy. It should be no surprise that this police force reached for the most ready tool at its disposal: harsher punishments." 

On 9/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, AztecAlien said:

It's tied up in the lobbyists checkbooks. Our entire political system has become corrupt AF. There is no more allegiance or fear of We The People. The power elite run it all. I will state it again, Democrat and Republican politicians are exactly the same just disguised differently. 

So, you're in favor of reversing Citizen's United and putting an end to dark money grifters like the Wyoming Liberty Group?

On 9/23/2022 at 9:07 PM, NVGiant said:

You think this was serious? You think you have the solution? Because Gov. Coyote doesn’t. His interest is in the election. 

Great, you realize that the border is deadly. You think this is all Biden’s doing or the Martha’s Vineyard crowd? And if so, do you think it was him being soft on the border, or because he continues to use things like Title 42 to make it harder to cross, Driving people to coyotes? Do you think Abbott cracking down on the border with the national guard doesn’t compel people to turn to coyotes? You think Trump’s bullshit didn’t do the same? You think DeSantis has a clue? A good portion of us have lived a lot closer to the border than he has. I don’t need a lecture from an overly ambitious clown in Florida about what happens on the border any more than I need him to show me that rich Northeasterners don’t quite get it. 

You can roll your eyes @smltwnrckr and applaud stunts. But he’s a lot closer to the truth about why people turn to coyotes than anything DeSantis is trying to peddle.

We don’t need awareness created by reckless stunts. We need serious people and Florida man ain’t one of em. 

EBF8A10D-4C39-4A50-AB4A-C48FC0D7DE6D.jpeg.428f56c02326ffb1fbecf451b4fc7b2c.jpeg
Yeah I have some ideas. I guarantee DeSantis does too. Can reform be enacted when the people in power flatly refuse to acknowledge there is one? Admitting so would be heresy. They would be driven from politics. Hounded in private life as racist, fascist, imperialist colonizers. This problem could be seen coming. And it was, and remarked upon at the time.

The administration has been trying to lift title 42 only to be stymied by the courts. When SCOTUS overruled the lesser courts, the administration left it in place. The reason is because one of the first acts of the administration was to change immigration policies. Now asylum seekers don’t have to prove fear of persecution but make the case that a threat of violence exists, not before a judge, but before a bureaucrat. How could this go wrong? There is plenty of testimony from migrants that the border is open and they expect to be able to stay illegally. They’re right. And rather than remedy the problem, the administration ships them around the country. Just not to Martha’s Vineyard.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:09 PM, happycamper said:

he put the existence of people asking for asylum in everyone's face? 

... where people treated the lost, confused migrants like they were humans? seems to me like humanity was shown as real and "crocodile tears" were shown to be actual concern. 

lots of people care lol. nativism is pretty strong in american politics right now. doesn't mean it will "fix" anything but people sure care

what does this have to do with asking for asylum from a failed communist state

They kicked them out in less than a weekend. So I guess they were treated like humans. All communist states are failed. This is not what asylum was designed for. We have a policy problem that has been exacerbated and has resulted in more deaths than we’ve seen in our lifetime. It didn’t take long at all. It just took people who refused to look to look before it became front page news.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:39 AM, AztecAlien said:

Yeah, I read the article. It was mostly finger pointing at one side. I super idiot you because again you went to blaming one side when I thought you would blame the political BS being played from both sides. But nope. There was a small part where the article actually got it right. I will ask what political party has current control of Congress? But hey, 87,000 new IRS agents should help with immigration legislation, understaffed and overworked border agents.👍 

From The Article 

"Congress, too, deserves blame, because it failed for decades to fill a legislative vacuum that anti-immigration officials moved to exploit. For too long, an overworked and underequipped border-police force has been left to determine crucial social, economic, and humanitarian policy. It should be no surprise that this police force reached for the most ready tool at its disposal: harsher punishments." 

If you read my previous posts I have agreed both sides have played political games.  But the child separation policy is not just another political game.   It was a Machiavellian policy beneath the United States. 

again you highlight my issue with what is left of the Republican Party.   Too many, as you have highlighted, have no line beyond “winning”.  There is no both sides to the child separation policy and I’m sorry but to claim one exists is a serious character flaw. 

On 9/24/2022 at 11:13 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

EBF8A10D-4C39-4A50-AB4A-C48FC0D7DE6D.jpeg.428f56c02326ffb1fbecf451b4fc7b2c.jpeg
Yeah I have some ideas. I guarantee DeSantis does too. Can reform be enacted when the people in power flatly refuse to acknowledge there is one? Admitting so would be heresy. They would be driven from politics. Hounded in private life as racist, fascist, imperialist colonizers. This problem could be seen coming. And it was, and remarked upon at the time.

The administration has been trying to lift title 42 only to be stymied by the courts. When SCOTUS overruled the lesser courts, the administration left it in place. The reason is because one of the first acts of the administration was to change immigration policies. Now asylum seekers don’t have to prove fear of persecution but make the case that a threat of violence exists, not before a judge, but before a bureaucrat. How could this go wrong? There is plenty of testimony from migrants that the border is open and they expect to be able to stay illegally. They’re right. And rather than remedy the problem, the administration ships them around the country. Just not to Martha’s Vineyard.

Have I suggested that Biden’s immigration policy has somehow not been worth criticizing? But what was Gov. Coyote’s point again with this stunt? Was it how the feds are ignoring border states (not Florida) bearing the brunt of a surge?Here you link a story about how Biden is moving migrants to other parts of the country (with advanced notice and shelter plans in place, so similar but not really the same) to help alleviate overcrowding on the border (which Florida does not have). However, I am impressed you found a story in the media despite the media ignoring it..

Is it about 50 dead migrants in Texas as you argued before? As treacherous as their journeys are, I’m not sure a group of asylum seekers who crossed the border and turned themselves in make that case.

Or was it about owning the libs because DeSantis is running for president?

There is no shortage of immigration policies to be outraged about, to be sure. But we know the reason for this particular stunt. it’s just a matter of admitting it and how one feels about it. You’re good with it. I’m not. And I think that’s just how it’s going to be.