Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/20/2022 at 11:19 AM, FresnoFacts said:

DeSantis may unintentionally turn into a humanitarian over these people.

The U visa allows a crime victim to stay in the US for years and also leads to permanent residency/green cards. Law enforcement would need to sign off on the application saying these were crime victims.

While I think those using words like kidnapping are over the top, it will be interesting to see if any law enforcement decides that a case can be made that these people were fraudulently enticed to sign forms and board a plane.

Maybe some folks need to be bussed to DeSantis's home.  He is the humanitarian shining a light on immigration, and willing to traffic migrants to save them.  Line up the queue and save some time, amirite?  It seems like the right thing to do.

On 9/20/2022 at 12:25 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Maybe some folks need to be bussed to DeSantis's home.  He is the humanitarian shining a light on immigration, and willing to traffic migrants to save them.  Line up the queue and save some time, amirite?  It seems like the right thing to do.

Marthas Vineyard should send DeSantis 50 middle aged, rich entitled white women going through menopause.

image.jpeg 

On 9/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

it would be phucking hilarious if Newsom sent some folks to Florida

On 9/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, soupslam1 said:

DeSantis got it wrong. He should have sent 50 MS-13 dudes to Martha’s Vineyard

Yes...because those types are applying for asylum.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:14 AM, Nevada Convert said:

You mean Biden adm sneaky flights in the middle of the night so no one would notice? 

You are so full o' shit!

Here's my source.  Where's yours?

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2022/09/19/critics-ron-desantis-lured-migrants-marthas-vineyard-terrible-lie/10424956002/

In San Antonio, he said, a Latina woman approached migrants at a city-run shelter and put them up at a nearby La Quinta Inn, where she visited daily with food and gift cards. 

He said she promised jobs and three months of housing in Washington, New York, Philadelphia or Boston.

--------------------------------------

"They arrived here, were processed through federal immigration and then were approached by individuals who were purporting to offer help, saying they could fly them to Boston, to the East Coast, would help them with work opportunities, with education for their children," he said. "It turns out it was all just a political stunt."

One Venezuelan, Pedro Luis Torrelaba, 36, said he was promised work, food and housing. He thought he was going to New York.

“I am not a victim,” he said Friday, expressing gratitude to residents of Martha’s Vineyard for their hospitality. “I simply feel misled because they told a lie and it has come to nothing.”

On 9/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is a disaster that is not being talked about enough.  

Anybody who gives a shit about human lives should be telling migrants to...just...not...do it.  The rate of violent crime they would be experienced to far, is statistically far greater than what they are they are fleeing.

In an ideal libertarian world where freedom of movement across multiple borders exists, that would not happen.  

It is a disaster that is not being talked about enough.  <---I GREAT, then why didn't Trump change the Federal Imigration Statutes when he a both houses of Congress his 1st 2-yrs in ofc?

Anybody who gives a shit about human lives should be telling migrants to...just...not...do it.  The rate of violent crime they would be experienced to far, is statistically far greater than what they are they are fleeing.  <---I I hear this method is highly successful in reducing teen pregnancy as well.

In an ideal libertarian world where freedom of movement across multiple borders exists, that would not happen.  <---I Pls send the satellite coordinates for this place you are speaking of.

On 9/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

It is a disaster that is not being talked about enough.  <---I GREAT, then why didn't Trump change the Federal Imigration Statutes when he a both houses of Congress his 1st 2-yrs in ofc?

Anybody who gives a shit about human lives should be telling migrants to...just...not...do it.  The rate of violent crime they would be experienced to far, is statistically far greater than what they are they are fleeing.  <---I I hear this method is highly successful in reducing teen pregnancy as well.

In an ideal libertarian world where freedom of movement across multiple borders exists, that would not happen.  <---I Pls send the satellite coordinates for this place you are speaking of.

image.jpeg

On 9/20/2022 at 12:55 PM, Half-Man is All-Tyrant said:

You are so full o' shit!

Here's my source.  Where's yours?

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2022/09/19/critics-ron-desantis-lured-migrants-marthas-vineyard-terrible-lie/10424956002/

In San Antonio, he said, a Latina woman approached migrants at a city-run shelter and put them up at a nearby La Quinta Inn, where she visited daily with food and gift cards. 

He said she promised jobs and three months of housing in Washington, New York, Philadelphia or Boston.

--------------------------------------

"They arrived here, were processed through federal immigration and then were approached by individuals who were purporting to offer help, saying they could fly them to Boston, to the East Coast, would help them with work opportunities, with education for their children," he said. "It turns out it was all just a political stunt."

One Venezuelan, Pedro Luis Torrelaba, 36, said he was promised work, food and housing. He thought he was going to New York.

“I am not a victim,” he said Friday, expressing gratitude to residents of Martha’s Vineyard for their hospitality. “I simply feel misled because they told a lie and it has come to nothing.”

Let me get this straight. You use the ultra lefty Desantis hating TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT as your news source? I just love all this concern about moving immigrants to much nicer areas, but it’s OK to lure them up to the US in horrid conditions in the desert, and it’s OK to let them make their way through the US desert to suffer and die. Fvck off, asshole. 

kat.jpg