Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

As much as I like poking fun at dems, especially the Marthas Vineyard types, on their virtue signaling, are we really going to gloss over the fact that people mocking how they fed them and then sent them to a base, are somehow not supporting a pretty +++++ed up thing to do by randomly sending people to a place that they have no one they know, in a place they don't know, and are actually probably bigger pieces of shit for doing so?  It seems like being a bad person to mock people for being closer to you than they portray is really just a self-own, but what is even funnier is that you don't get it.

On 9/19/2022 at 11:20 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

As much as I like poking fun at dems, especially the Marthas Vineyard types, on their virtue signaling, are we really going to gloss over the fact that people mocking how they fed them and then sent them to a base, are somehow not supporting a pretty +++++ed up thing to do by randomly sending people to a place that they have no one they know, in a place they don't know, and are actually probably bigger pieces of shit for doing so?  It seems like being a bad person to mock people for being closer to you than they portray is really just a self-own, but what is even funnier is that you don't get it.

You should have gone into pictures. 😪 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:12 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

the  US immigration and political asylum laws are totally farked.

Nobody in Washington is addressing that.....

That is the farking issue here.

The repubs want to keep it chaotic because they are using it as  apolitical wedge issue.

Mature adults would come together  tonight and discuss it. Nope.

I think Biden needs to call the bluff and make this a weekly discussion topic.  He should ask every borderstate congress person to join a "gang" to put a bill on his desk in 90 days to address their issues and legalize dreamers.   This would be a nice mix of Dems and Republicans and anyone who doesn't join will just be "playing politics."

It will be funny watching Republicans try to kill the effort.   It will also be funny when they filibuster the bill or not bringing it for a vote. 

Time to play offense. 

Posted Image

On 9/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Truth hurts for shitty people.  Unfortunately, it's too on the nose for a film.  

Yeah it does. Especially fake people who pretend to care for political reasons. You like to ask questions, so how about the 1 million homeless population? What’s your stance on that? You're cool with housing and taking care of people who are here illegally. I have no problem with that. But screw American citizens including veterans that want and need help that are living in squatter on the streets right? Just move them around like the hypocrites in MV did. Stop pretending like you care. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:38 AM, AztecAlien said:

Yeah it does. Especially fake people who pretend to care for political reasons. You like to ask questions, so how about the 1 million homeless population? What’s your stance on that? You're cool with housing and taking care of people who are here illegally. I have no problem with that. But screw American citizens including veterans that want and need help that are living in squatter on the streets right? Just move them around like the hypocrites in MV did. Stop pretending like you care. 

You like to say stop pretending like you care.  I actually do care about homeless in my community and the issues involving Veterans.  I don't discuss it at length because I am not virtue signaling.  I work in my communities to help as I can, and I don't use people as pawns in some political game, and I certainly don't encourage or go along for the ride with the people that do, unlike yourself.  Be a bad person, I really don't care about your actions, I merely highlight it, and continue to do me.  

As for this MV, and the overall conversation on immigration, I gave my thoughts a while ago.  On the sly, hire a bunch of people to process immigration applications, and ID centers and patrol the border.  Then, close the borders and say "if you are in this country right now, you are an American citizen (or get a green card), if you apply, pass a background check and get your ID.  You are now a taxpaying member of our Nation."  Now, if someone, anyone doesn't have any proof of citizenship or green card, they go back.  Then, with the extra staff, process immigration applications in a more streamlined and quicker process.  Reopen the border once the bulk of the processing is complete.

I will hear a bunch of whining about "but I had to wait, or I had to pay, so they should to."  +++++ em.  Let's actually start at square one, and actually fix it.  But the political party rubes will never go for it, because their daddy's won't allow it, and the sheep fall in line, every time.  Now, who doesn't care?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:20 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

to mock people for being closer to you than they portray is really just a self-own

This is a pretty good point right here. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

You like to say stop pretending like you care.  I actually do care about homeless in my community and the issues involving Veterans.  I don't discuss it at length because I am not virtue signaling.  I work in my communities to help as I can, and I don't use people as pawns in some political game, and I certainly don't encourage or go along for the ride with the people that do, unlike yourself.  Be a bad person, I really don't care about your actions, I merely highlight it, and continue to do me.  

As for this MV, and the overall conversation on immigration, I gave my thoughts a while ago.  On the sly, hire a bunch of people to process immigration applications, and ID centers.  Then, close the borders and say "if you are in this country right now, you are an American citizen (or get a green card), if you apply, pass a background check and get your ID.  You are now a taxpaying member of our Nation."  Now, if someone, anyone doesn't have any proof of citizenship or green card, they go back.  Then, with the extra staff, process immigration applications in a more streamlined and quicker process. 

I will hear a bunch of whining about "but I had to wait, or I had to pay, so they should to."  +++++ em.  Let's actually start at square one, and actually fix it.  But the political party rubes will never go for it, because their daddy's won't allow it, and the sheep fall in line, every time.  Now, who doesn't care?

My apologies and thank you for caring about the homeless. Especially our veterans. And thank you for your service. I come from a family of veterans. My family including my wife and I have given generously to homeless charities including The Salvation Army throughout the years. I don’t believe too many people do then suddenly care about humanity when it comes to politics. I also agree somewhat on you immigration policies.  However, I don’t think it should be as easy as your stating for security purposes. The immigration policies definitely need to change to stop the enormous backlogs. Playing politics isn’t the answer. A lot of immigrants are escaping their countries because of a tyrannical government. Might want to ask some homeless people what they think of our government. 

On 9/19/2022 at 11:08 AM, AztecAlien said:

My apologies and thank you for caring about the homeless. Especially our veterans. And thank you for your service. I come from a family of veterans. My family including my wife and I have given generously to homeless charities including The Salvation Army throughout the years. I don’t believe too many people do then suddenly care about humanity when it comes to politics. I also agree somewhat on you immigration policies.  However, I don’t think it should be as easy as your stating for security purposes. The immigration policies definitely need to change to stop the enormous backlogs. Playing politics isn’t the answer. A lot of immigrants are escaping their countries because of a tyrannical government. Might want to ask some homeless people what they think of our government. 

There is such a various strata of homeless, with unique underlying causes that thoughts on government will vary with it.  Plus, how many of us really think highly of government?  I think some homeless like the fact they aren't getting jailed for being outside, while others will hate that police don't protect them from bad people in their encampments.  And I am sure many find the economic system and the governments use of wars that assist in ushering people into the streets due to mental health and lack of resources as being wholly problematic, homeless or not homeless.  Nothing about my immigration policy is easy or is a unanimous positive.  Because nothing will ever be perfect.  But from my thoughts, that has the largest impact to actively solve some of the key issues and gripes on immigration and border.  Enforcement doesn't solve issues, kicking cans doesn't solve issues, addressing and implementing actions with the objectives leading to the terminal can though.  And as smarter people join in the conversation, my idea can modify to be less negatively impactful.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:22 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

There is such a various strata of homeless, with unique underlying causes that thoughts on government will vary with it.  Plus, how many of us really think highly of government?  I think some homeless like the fact they aren't getting jailed for being outside, while others will hate that police don't protect them from bad people in their encampments.  And I am sure many find the economic system and the governments use of wars that assist in ushering people into the streets due to mental health and lack of resources as being wholly problematic, homeless or not homeless.  Nothing about my immigration policy is easy or is a unanimous positive.  Because nothing will ever be perfect.  But from my thoughts, that has the largest impact to actively solve some of the key issues and gripes on immigration and border.  Enforcement doesn't solve issues, kicking cans doesn't solve issues, addressing and implementing actions with the objectives leading to the terminal can though.  And as smarter people join in the conversation, my idea can modify to be less negatively impactful.

True. There are homeless that choose to be there but many don’t. It's getting worse. And I am not just putting immigrants to the side. Our elected officials on both sides need to stop the mass government spending, stop selling Americans out and put their allegiance back to We The People. More needs to be done regarding immigration policies, our homeless, mental health issues and America's drug and alcohol problem. The only way is to stop the lobbyists and take the dirt out of the house. 

On 9/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, AztecAlien said:

True. There are homeless that choose to be there but many don’t. It's getting worse. And I am not just putting immigrants to the side. Our elected officials on both sides need to stop the mass government spending stop selling Americans out and put their allegiance back to We The People. More needs to be done regarding immigration policies, our homeless, mental health issues and America's drug and alcohol problem. The only way is to stop the lobbyists and take the dirt out of the house.  

I hear you.  Unfortunately, looking at some of these candidate ads, I don't see this happening in this cycle.  Just more of the accusatory "they hate the American people" shtick.  It's sad to watch because that works more than "this is what I plan to do" and line it out ads.  Otherwise they wouldn't do it.  I really revile politicians at this point.  They are the biggest obstacle in a united America, and they and the lobbyists that own them are the biggest roadblocks to actually addressing domestic issues.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, Akkula said:

I think Biden needs to call the bluff and make this a weekly discussion topic.  He should ask every borderstate congress person to join a "gang" to put a bill on his desk in 90 days to address their issues and legalize dreamers.   This would be a nice mix of Dems and Republicans and anyone who doesn't join will just be "playing politics."

It will be funny watching Republicans try to kill the effort.   It will also be funny when they filibuster the bill or not bringing it for a vote. 

Time to play offense. 

It wouldn't really be playing offense. Most Republicans in Congress are clear on the issue. They don't want constructive reform at all, they want to punish brown people. They freely admit this. 

It's literally only the online "reasonable conservative" posters who defend Republicans that want reform. They claim they want a nuanced conversation on the matter.

Why then, do they support Republicans? Very strange. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, youngredbullfan said:

It wouldn't really be playing offense. Most Republicans in Congress are clear on the issue. They don't want constructive reform at all, they want to punish brown people. They freely admit this. 

It's literally only the online "reasonable conservative" posters who defend Republicans who want "reform" and want a nuanced conversation on the matter.

Why then, do they support Republicans? Very strange. 

Yes, this is true...but the goal is not to win over Republicans in congress.  It is to win over Hispanics, moderate voters, and the low information people easily duped by conjob lies.  

The goal is to get enough people elected in swing districts to abolish the filibuster and put through the solutions in the house.  Republican intransigence will help us make that happen.  They cannot get anything done and prevent anyone else from doing anything either so they need to be replaced with people who will implement the common sense advice of the border congressional reps.

Posted Image

On 9/19/2022 at 12:22 PM, renoskier said:

so I've been wondering about these 3 Governors shipping folks around the country, is this just their version of "catch and release"?

what's to stop these folks from just wandering away?

It may have already been posted but a few of the Martha's Vineyards folks are going back to.... drum roll please.....   Miami.  It's where people they know are.  

On 9/19/2022 at 12:28 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

It may have already been posted but a few of the Martha's Vineyards folks are going back to.... drum roll please.....   Miami.  It's where people they know are.  

At least one was trying to get to family in Portland. That'd be Oregon, not Maine. 

On 9/19/2022 at 1:38 PM, AztecAlien said:

so now caring about humans is fake for political reasons?

dude you sound like a monster

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/19/2022 at 12:36 PM, NVGiant said:

At least one was trying to get to family in Portland. That'd be Oregon, not Maine. 

Had to be a strange conversation.  

"Hey, get on this plane we are taking you somewhere better than here"

"If you are sending me somewhere, can it be Portland, OR?"

bugs-bunnys-no-meme-512x512.png