Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/16/2022 at 10:37 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Do we have an immigration problem?

Yes

Are the people on power doing anything to address it?

No.

Who exactly controls the levers of power?

You and me and Bob

Have those people done anything like this before?

We get the politics we deserve

Why didn’t we talk about it then?

We have. Many times.

Let’s have the conversation. You didn’t think I charged into the thread and started busting heads without being on solid ground, did you?

I know. Dems are awful people, too. 

On 9/17/2022 at 6:17 AM, youngredbullfan said:

Some do, but answer the question. 

Was this a good move? Morally justified?

No.

It was a political stunt.

Period.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/16/2022 at 11:07 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Sure, there are some nice people there willing to help, but the reports of the national guard being called up over 50 migrants and then being moved to a military base in Cape Cod happened because of the so many politically connected being upset about it. 

Or, it's because MW doesn't have the facilities or services available to them to properly care for migrants that are dropped off with no forewarning

Continued reminder that these are asylum seekers, which is 100% legal under US law. Fleeing political persecution is one of the most commonly approved and accepted methods of asylum.  It really points out the hypocrisy in right-wing politics, especially DeSantis, that after all of the hand-wringing about Communism and fighting it, that when migrants fleeing a Communist government ask for asylum, Ron uses them as political pawns.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:28 PM, CPslograd said:

OK, well if that's what it takes to expose the hypocrisy of the compassionate left. it is what it is.

How kind of these liberals to be compassionate towards illegal immigrants, when it doesn't impact them.  They aren't in Martha's Vineyard, Beverly Hills, or Silicon Valley.  And besides, their kids aren't in public schools anyway.

And now you are missing the point.  It isn't compassionate or just to encourage illegal immigration.  Do we need to streamline and increase immigration, absolutely.  Do we need to reform the visa process, you bet.  That's not what this administration is doing.  They created this massive inflow with their policy.  This adminstration is playing victim politics regarding the border every bit as much as the Trump administration did, every damned bit as much.  And to boot, Biden is lying and villifying predominantly latino border patrol agents in the process.  

FFS, NYC and Chicago are self pro claimed sanctuary cities, and yet are outraged when illegal immigrants are dropped off in their cities.  The guy from Marthas Vineyard said, and I quote "they will have to leave the island, we don't have the infrastructure".  You think these little border towns have the infrastructure?  You guys are off the hook ridiculous about this.

The Venezuelans weren’t illegal immigrants. They were claiming political asylum and, based on precedent, they will likely receive it. And please, stop lecturing me about the border. I can look out my window and see the hills in TJ. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

It looks like DeSantis stunt is finally getting some action out of Brandon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-house-says-it-s-surging-resources-to-texas-to-address-migrant-influx-but-offers-no-details/ar-AA11UTEa?cvid=f23457848c8d47a7933629a172d566c3

Tell me which is worse, sending migrants to Martha’s Vineyard or allowing them to live in overcrowded inhumane conditions in border towns which Brandon bears responsibility for by encouraging migrants to come during his campaign speeches? 

Brandon created this mess and has ignored it. He has the responsibility to take care of it. 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:29 AM, soupslam1 said:

It looks like DeSantis stunt is finally getting some action out of Brandon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-house-says-it-s-surging-resources-to-texas-to-address-migrant-influx-but-offers-no-details/ar-AA11UTEa?cvid=f23457848c8d47a7933629a172d566c3

Tell me which is worse, sending migrants to Martha’s Vineyard or allowing them to live in overcrowded inhumane conditions in border towns which Brandon bears responsibility for by encouraging migrants to come during his campaign speeches? 

Brandon created this mess and has ignored it. He has the responsibility to take care of it. 

Has he encouraged immigration or deported millions? Has he ignored the problem or continued a policy of sending people on planes back into Mexico? Is he as awful as Trump on this issue or is he fir open borders? 

Judging by what’s being criticized it’s a little bit of everything. (And there is actually truth to that.) But really I’m awful because you’re awful.

On 9/17/2022 at 5:17 AM, youngredbullfan said:

Some do, but answer the question. 

Was this a good move? Morally justified?

The migrants seem to think so. They’re thanking DeSantis whenever anyone asks them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/17/2022 at 9:58 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The migrants seem to think so. They’re thanking DeSantis whenever anyone asks them.

I guess the “limousine liberals” really are as compassionate as they think they are.

On 9/17/2022 at 12:58 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I didn't ask that. I asked if you thought so.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, youngredbullfan said:

I didn't ask that. I asked if you thought so.

I think it’s juvenile and an ingenious troll. But I’m not stupid. You cannot address the problem if people are allowed to refuse to look at it. Make no mistake, people have been refusing to look at the problem or even acknowledge there is a problem. If 50 people, who are not stupid, are delighted to not be mired in the process in overwhelmed and exhausted communities, who are any of us to be outraged for them. They knew what they were risking everything for.

You should ask them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:33 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:They knew what they were risking everything for.

You should ask them.

From what I can gather, so that a nonborder state governor can cynically turn them into pawns to make rich Martha Vineyard residents look ridiculous, but also compassionate. You know, the American dream.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:48 AM, NVGiant said:

From what I can gather, so that a nonborder state governor can cynically turn them into pawns to make rich Martha Vineyard residents look ridiculous, but also compassionate. You know, the American dream.

Well they were kicked out from respectable society within a day, so the American dream still thrives.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:33 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think it’s juvenile and an ingenious troll. But I’m not stupid. You cannot address the problem if people are allowed to refuse to look at it. Make no mistake, people have been refusing to look at the problem or even acknowledge there is a problem. If 50 people, who are not stupid, are delighted to not be mired in the process in overwhelmed and exhausted communities, who are any of us to be outraged for them. They knew what they were risking everything for.

You should ask them.

You mean ask the bewildered refugees who were enticed into a trip with false promises and then dumped on an island rather than the big city (with jobs) they were promised? Good thing a decent number of the feckless, wealthy liberal elite NIMBY’s weren’t so feckless after all and made it happen (so far—let’s see how their imminent, far flung asylum hearings go) for these folks. 

I think you love the Machiavellian machinations of your political heroes far more than you dislike any distasteful methods they might employ in the process or whether any actual progress toward a solution is made due to those machinations. Own the libs! Yay!