Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's kind of my issue.  It's cruel.  It's "people dislike you guys so much that we are moving you from place to place to piss the people off who live there".  That is just...mean.  

As you can tell from the posters here they don’t give a shit.  At least they didn’t separate kids from parents this time so it’s a step up for them.  

On 9/16/2022 at 12:19 PM, AztecAlien said:

That's a pretty drastic price increase. I could think of a lot things 200 billion could have been used for. 

Yes, legal challenges and forced changes to enormous infrastructure projects through the environmental review process can be expensive. Conservatives know this because they're the ones who complain about it all the time. So it was fun to watch them do it, themselves, on this project. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:07 PM, Bob said:

Can I ask what Christian nation has open borders like we have?

Canada.

I can fly to Duluth tomorrow, take a drive up to Grand Portage, and either cross the border there thru the Pigeon River Bridge, or take a walk a few miles upstream and cross the border in private.  Either way, I can be in Thunder Bay in a couple days.

Just like the US/Mexico border. 

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:20 PM, sactowndog said:

At least they didn’t separate kids from parents this time so it’s a step up for them.  

My thoughts, too. After the family separation policy, anything that isn't physical torture seems almost quaint. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, AztecAlien said:

That's a pretty drastic price increase. I could think of a lot things 200 billion could have been used for. 

A fiscal conservative would have answered 'I dont think we should be spending 200 billion on much of anything'.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That's kind of my issue.  It's cruel.  It's "people dislike you guys so much that we are moving you from place to place to piss the people off who live there".  That is just...mean.  

its +++++ing horrible

like...+++++ing with people just to score points with people is bad enough...but +++++ing with people who have already been through god knows what...and to this degree...just to "own the libs" or whatever...isn't just cruel...its inhumane

On 9/16/2022 at 2:12 PM, Maji said:

the question is mute, because we don't have open borders

In the interest of being an unbiased Speeling Nazi, it is 'moot'.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, RSF said:

In the interest of being an unbiased Speeling Nazi, it is 'moot'.

I didn't want to be the one to do it. 

On 9/16/2022 at 1:23 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Yes, legal challenges and forced changes to enormous infrastructure projects through the environmental review process can be expensive. Conservatives know this because they're the ones who complain about it all the time. So it was fun to watch them do it, themselves, on this project. 

You seriously can't be blaming Conservatives for that debacle. California has an infrastructure problem and that will be a complete waste of 200 billion. 

5a9cb4b4c3495.jpeg.20dd0fa6f08adcbbd0a38cebd8772012.jpeg 

On 9/16/2022 at 2:28 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I didn't want to be the one to do it. 

I just did it for the opportunity to write 'Speeling' again.

Just for @NVGiant...

On 9/16/2022 at 3:04 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well for one a bunch of migrants got to take a chartered flight to one of the richest places in the country and spend a free night on their hospitality before being shipped off to a federal facility.

Two, we got to see the dumb lunatics spin like this is kidnapping or human trafficking, although those legal eagles would find a reason to do that anyway so that’s a push.

Three, our immigration problem took center stage for a day going on two. You want a conversation? You want to achieve something? It doesn’t happen all in one day. But putting it front and center, highlighting how stupid our policies are, is the way to do it. Bit by bit.

What is the "immigration problem" in your estimation? If you could explain this it would be quite illuminating. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:29 PM, AztecAlien said:

You seriously can't be blaming Conservatives for that debacle. California has an infrastructure problem and that will be a complete waste of 200 billion. 

5a9cb4b4c3495.jpeg.20dd0fa6f08adcbbd0a38cebd8772012.jpeg 

I am just making  true statement, that conservatives worked diligently and successfully to increase the cost of the project through challenges and reviews, and then complained about the cost of the project going up. 

On 9/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, youngredbullfan said:

What is the "immigration problem" in your estimation?

GettyImages-76133069-57c37a0b3df78cc16eb

On 9/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I am just making  true statement, that conservatives worked diligently and successfully to increase the cost of the project through challenges and reviews, and then complained about the cost of the project going up. 

OK. 

On 9/16/2022 at 3:35 PM, AztecAlien said:

OK. 

You have heart, I'll give you that. Being so confidently wrong must be difficult, but man, do you commit to it.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, AztecAlien said:

OK. 

You're the one who brought it up. Doesn't seem relevant, though it is kind of like how people like to prohibit immigration by force of law, and then complain about the crime associated with immigration.