Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Gov DeSantis - Humanitarian!

On 9/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, IanforHeisman said:

Wait a second..

Why did it cost 12 million to fly 50 people from Florida to Massachusetts 

It didn’t, that was the budget for the program which was funded by federal corona virus monies. 

DeSatis is a moron, he continues to kick himself in the nuts when doing stupid shit like this and fighting Disney when they gave him money for his Governor campaign. 

He’s done amazing things for the environment here in Florida when all previous politicians were controlled by big sugar. He lost my vote, but I will not vote against him. My biggest concern is voting out Marco Rubio, that shitbag is controlled by big sugar.  

On 9/16/2022 at 3:07 AM, soupslam1 said:

The irony meter just pegged with that post. 

How? Do you think Dems are involved in trafficking people over state lines? 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 9/16/2022 at 2:41 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Someone needs to clue in Prophet Ron that Martha’s Vineyard residents are totally pissed about it. I think it’s a hilarious and great idea. 

So much so that they needed to send people away who wanted to help. I'm sure there are a few racists/bigots that are pissed, but for the most part the residents of Martha's Vineyard have certainly stepped up.

As to it being hilarious? These people (including kids) were dumped out, not even knowing where they were, without food and water, and walked 3 miles before they found a community center. No one was there to greet them, because residents didn't even know they were there, and as soon as they found out they jumped in to help set up shelters, and provide food and water. Spanish class students were sent to interpret. It's been kind of impressive, actually. This is going to backfire on DeSantis, he could end up being in big trouble.

Saw a clip of a Fox reporter trying to interview people coming off one of the DC buses Abbott sent.  To their credit, they sent a bilingual reporter (sorta).  To their detriment, one of the people he tried to interview was a 5 year old Venezuelan wearing pajamas.  Scary looking group, it was....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Someone needs to clue in Prophet Ron that Martha’s Vineyard residents are totally pissed about it. I think it’s a hilarious and great idea. 

JFC. These are people. Love their families. Want a better life. People who need baby formula. Set aside the erroneous reports you’re getting that these people are being maltreated by the residents of Martha’s Vineyard. The fact that you’d find their maltreatment funny is beyond my comprehension.

For all your faults as a poster, you’re a guy who runs to the store to buy baby formula for posters you’ve never met. Who cares deeply about the health of feral cats. Finding the funny in people being treated like shit isn’t you. That’s the politics blinding you.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:31 AM, NVGiant said:

JFC. These are people. Love their families. Want a better life. People who need baby formula. Set aside the erroneous reports you’re getting that these people are being maltreated by the residents of Martha’s Vineyard. The fact that you’d find their maltreatment funny is beyond my comprehension.

For all your faults as a poster, you’re a guy who runs to the store to buy baby formula for posters you’ve never met. Who cares deeply about the health of feral cats. Finding the funny in people being treated like shit isn’t you. That’s the politics blinding you.

That’s really the disconnect here.. Maga republicans view immigrants as less than human, and deserving of their struggle.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:00 AM, IanforHeisman said:

That’s really the disconnect here.. Maga republicans view immigrants as less than human, and deserving of their struggle.

It’s not just them, though it certainly seems to be a feature of Trumpism. So many get so entrenched in their views, and their disgust for “the political others,” that they lose sight of the humanity of it all. Hell, I’ve fallen into that trap from time to time.

Still, it reminds me of when a group of posters were rooting for catastrophic fires in California a couple years ago. Just ugly stuff.

No. They’re not. From today’s UT:

Upon arrival in Martha’s Vineyard, where former President Barack Obama has a home, the migrants who are predominantly from Venezuela were provided with meals, shelter, health care and information about where to find work.

The island south of Boston, whose year-round residents include many blue-collar workers, appeared to absorb the dozens of arrivals without a major hitch.

Elizabeth Folcarelli, chief executive of the nonprofit Martha’s Vineyard Community Services, was wrapping up work when she saw 48 Venezuelans with luggage and backpacks approach her office. They carried red folders with brochures for her organization.

“They were told that they would have a job, and they would have housing,” said Folcarelli, who described the scramble for shelter as a “huge challenge.”

Migrants played soccer and hung out in small groups on the porch of their temporary shelter Thursday while meeting visiting attorneys who gave free advice and other service providers.

Well-wishers dropped off donations, and volunteers signed up to provide whatever help they could offer. There were no signs of protest.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 9/16/2022 at 9:25 AM, RSF said:

Saw a clip of a Fox reporter trying to interview people coming off one of the DC buses Abbott sent.  To their credit, they sent a bilingual reporter (sorta).  To their detriment, one of the people he tried to interview was a 5 year old Venezuelan wearing pajamas.  Scary looking group, it was....

I was in DC... at Union Station even, when the first busloads of "scary immigrants" showed up back in April. I felt badly for them, because they all looked scared and confused as to what was happening. DeSantis and Abbott are absolute pieces of shit for using people like this to play stupid political games to score stupid political points. They don't think they're actually people, they're just pawns whose lives they see fit to fvck with for their own narcissistic ends. Fvck them both... in the ass, with a rusty pipe. 

On 9/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I believe that is the amount moved for the program itself, not just the 50.  Indicating they are flying more.  Or someone got 11.9M

I would put a hundred on the latter.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/16/2022 at 8:07 AM, NVGiant said:

It’s not just them, though it certainly seems to be a feature of Trumpism. So many get so entrenched in their views, and their disgust for “the political others,” that they lose sight of the humanity of it all. Hell, I’ve fallen into that trap from time to time.

Still, it reminds me of when a group of posters were rooting for catastrophic fires in California a couple years ago. Just ugly stuff.

I’ve always imagined how bad things would have to be to walk to say Nicaragua with my kids.. knowing how dangerous the trek would be and knowing Nicaragua will detain and deport me if I’m caught. I really can’t imagine it could get that bad, but it does for those people coming here. 

Build a longer table not a taller fence, or whatever the saying is. 

On 9/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, FresnoFacts said:

I find it interesting that people say they are Christian but are afraid that someone with the name Jesus might be crossing the border.

Yeah it’s weird how the most anti immigration people also identify as Christian.. But I don’t think they realize Jesus wasn’t white or a Republican.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:06 AM, Bob said:

The libs can’t make up their mind if they are cool and welcoming to the illegals or outraged 🤣

Where’s the outrage? I only see welcome. Who are the Christians in this scenario Bob?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 9/16/2022 at 8:07 AM, NVGiant said:

While I think there is a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to rich white people espousing beliefs as long as they don't have to be directly impacted (gun control, but have private security, pro life but want their mistress to get an abortion, MOAR immigration, but would be very uncomfortable if their country club was minority white) using people like this to score political gotcha points is in incredibly poor taste.  

It reminds me of a campaign here in Idaho where supporters of one of the girls running went to homeless shelters and handed out fake flyers saying "Pizza for the hungry" so that dozens of homeless would show up to a rival campaign event and "humiliate" them.  Just...gross.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:14 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Always fun too see how ideas repeat themselves in history. "false promises of jobs, housing, and better lives" sounds similar to reports in the Martha's Vineyard flight articles.

Well at least the Southern States are consistent in how they operate.   Once a traitor always a traitor.