Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Inconvert World Football

On 9/11/2022 at 5:25 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I don’t think they’ll lose a game this season if their QB stays healthy and don’t have a rash of injuries on both lines. They still have to do it and earn it. They could have a WTF game in the playoffs, but I’d put a lot of money down that they make the final 4. 

They have a terrible defense. The best they can hope for is to be like Sam Houston State. Incarnate would finish 3rd or 4th if they were in the Big Sky or MVC. Word.

On 9/11/2022 at 4:29 PM, Spot50B said:

They have a terrible defense. The best they can hope for is to be like Sam Houston State. Incarnate would finish 3rd or 4th if they were in the Big Sky or MCC. Word.

Everyone has an opinion. Their defense isn’t terrible. With that offense, they can still give up a lot of points and win. 

kat.jpg

On 9/11/2022 at 4:30 PM, Spot50B said:

How much FCS football do you watch?

I’ve been watching the bigger FCS games during the season for years. They have a powerhouse offense for FCS. In the playoffs, their games will start to look more like shootouts than blowouts because their defense will start giving up more and more points. But their defense is good enough to make 3 or 4 stops in a semi or title game, and they’ll still win. They have a great pass rush for FCS. If they lose their starting QB, all bets are off. 

kat.jpg

On 9/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Nevada Convert said:

I’ve been watching the bigger FCS games during the season for years. They have a powerhouse offense for FCS. In the playoffs, their games will start to look more like shootouts than blowouts because their defense will start giving up more and more points. But their defense is good enough to make 3 or 4 stops in a semi or title game, and they’ll still win.

UIW is like a Sun Belt or Mountain West school in FCS. They don't play a particularly difficult schedule and will not be rewarded with a high seed even if they go undefeated. That means at least 2 games on the road to get to the championship. The FCS has been diluted in recent years as some of the better schools have moved up, but seeding and home games matter. So does defense. So does being there before, UIW has never made a playoff run before. It's a grind. Sometimes you see an underdog like Montana State make it all the way to the finals but then they get pulverized in the championship game. There are easily 10 FCS teams that could beat Nevada this year.  I wouldn't get too enamored with this one.

On 9/11/2022 at 4:47 PM, Spot50B said:

UIW is like a Sun Belt or Mountain West school in FCS. They don't play a particularly difficult schedule and will not be rewarded with a high seed even if they go undefeated. That means at least 2 games on the road to get to the championship. The FCS has been diluted in recent years as some of the better schools has moved up, but seeding and home games matter. So does defense. So does being there before, UIW has never made a playoff run before. It's a grind. Sometimes you see an underdog like Montana State make it all the way to the finals but then they get pulverized in the championship game. There are easily 10 FCS teams that could beat Nevada this year.  I wouldn't get too enamored with this one.

Are you aware of the new players on their roster for this year? A lot of the new players added this year originated from P5 and G5’s schools and are older. They have some solid leadership from these older experienced players, and their HC looks like he handles adversity very well.

We started off being up 17-3 with some quick turnovers and it looked like the pressure made them crack. But the coaches and leaders on the team played it cool and calmed their nerves and they recovered very well.

kat.jpg

On 9/11/2022 at 5:55 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Are you aware of the new players on their roster? A lot of the new players added this year originated from P5 and G5’s schools and are older. They have some solid leadership from these older experienced players, and their HC looks like he handles adversity very well. We started off being up 17-3 with some quick turnovers and it looked like the pressure made them crack. But the coaches and leaders on the team played it cool and calmed their nerves and they recovered very well.

Are you aware of who NDSU, South Dakota State and Montana picked up through the transfer portal? Things will shake out and you'll see. Weber State would have also beaten Nevada yesterday. If that was the case, you'd probably be enamored with them.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:00 PM, Spot50B said:

Are you aware of who NDSU, South Dakota State and Montana picked up through the transfer portal? Things will shake out and you'll see. Weber State would have also beaten Nevada yesterday. If that was the case, you'd probably be enamored with them.

I thought you said FCS has been watered down because of some schools going to FBS. I don’t think that’s the case at all for the Top 15 schools. Maybe you meant watered down in terms of the number of good schools overall. Like I said in another post, I think the FCS Top 15 has completely closed the gap with the average G5 school and probably beats the average G5 more times than not. 

Of course, the best FCS teams picked up good players, but I very very much doubt any of them have an offense this fast and explosive. It’s not a matter of beating us to be impressed with some of their players, it’s watching their speed and athleticism that does. Did you see the NV game?

kat.jpg

Incarnate Word drew 14,898 last year.

Not per game - for the whole season.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:50 PM, Nevada Convert said:

No one has ever showed up to watch you do anything, and according to you, you’re amazing. So what’s your point? 

Calm down, Karen.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:16 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Good Lord, it’s so easy to get you guys all revved up. 🤣🤣🤣

Alright, let’s get back to some primary themes here.

1. Face it, some of you guys think Incarnate Word is a weird religiously extremist kind of name and school that you don’t like, and you see them as a Liberty, Oral Roberts, etc. Because of your religious bigotry, you couldn’t possibly say anything good about them. You label them as part of the right wing extremist crap going on in Texas.

2. Your bigotry makes you look like you don’t know anything about FB. Or maybe you don’t know shit about football.

3. How many of you are driving a Tesla around with a commercial generator behind it? Lots, I’m sure.

4. There’s no such thing as moral victories because moral victories are just immoral losses. Stop talking about moral victories because it’s an oxymoron.

OK, I was the only one that predicted that this would be our toughest game yet AND that we could easily lose it. Most everyone else didn’t think they were any good, and that’s because you’re too lazy to research them. 

Monkey Chimp GIF

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

How Dare You Reaction GIF by Bounce

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:36 AM, ridgeview2 said:

Last time I checked my notes, UNLV was still FBS. 

Barely.

They are in a class with NMSU and FIU.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 9/11/2022 at 5:45 PM, Coog kev said:

BTW, the former QB of ICW is now QB1 at Washington State.  Cameron Ward.  Win over Wisconsin at Wisconsin.  ICW can recruit regarding all that. 

(great win for TCU over FCS Tarleton State in other news and FCS like Colorado). 

Here’s some of their recruits that played Sat.

DEDC7B00-97C8-4D69-BCDA-8800A70BBB8A.jpeg.ce8cab4145310c0368279d4273ea7444.jpegD9CF826B-C0FF-41D5-9AFB-A5CB037FD113.jpeg.aed1bf194d5edc68c2e9b0102adcd806.jpeg5BD08F28-A6A6-49DF-9243-4292499A4DDF.jpeg.9ab85a08871f4f1c912faf180cab852b.jpeg8129DF0B-BEE7-4016-8069-62C5DCC60CAD.jpeg.d6a424ca4a055d060871d6e68ddd98f9.jpeg

kat.jpg