Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

SDSU vs Idaho State Game Thread

On 9/10/2022 at 5:23 PM, albert mac meda said:

Why’d they build that stadium so big? You know SDSU is going to average less than 25K a game.

Once we get a passing offense that makes this team worth watching, it is a good question.  It is honestly the most boring team that I have watched in terms of how long it has been this way.  I get a season or two, but even with Pumphrey, it wasn't what I would call exciting.  Penny had some exciting games, but that is about it.  San Diegans have to be entertained, or they aren't going to show up.  SD and Atlanta are the two most wishy-washy sport towns.  

Same ol SDSU

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

The drive tracker for SDSU

BROWNING, Jack punt 44 yards to the ISU7 downed by SHAVERS, Tyrell, clock 07:50. [07:50]
[NHSG] BURMEISTER, Braxton scrambles up the middle for a loss of 5 yards to the SDS49 (ROWE, David).
[NHSG] BURMEISTER, Braxton pass to the right incomplete intended for SHAVERS, Tyrell thrown to the ISU33.

[NHSG] BURMEISTER, Braxton pass to the left complete for -2 yards to BELL, Chance caught at the ISU47 and advanced to the ISU46, out of bounds.

6 plays, 4 yards, two punts.  

On 9/10/2022 at 8:26 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Once we get a passing offense that makes this team worth watching, it is a good question.  It is honestly the most boring team that I have watched in terms of how long it has been this way.  I get a season or two, but even with Pumphrey, it wasn't what I would call exciting.  Penny had some exciting games, but that is about it.  San Diegans have to be entertained, or they aren't going to show up.  SD and Atlanta are the two most wishy-washy sport towns.  

Aren’t there like 100,000 alums in the county alone? You’d think at least 20,000 of those would show up.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 9/10/2022 at 5:31 PM, albert mac meda said:

Aren’t there like 100,000 alums in the county alone? You’d think at least 20,000 of those would show up.

You are an SJSU fan, so you know how this goes.  You look at the product, and say, do I really want to go watch this?  The western US universities are by and large trash when it comes to actually showing up no matter what.  To be on the west, and watch this, year after year.  You aren't cultivating the culture of gaining and keeping fans like that.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:34 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

You are an SJSU fan, so you know how this goes.  You look at the product, and say, do I really want to go watch this?  The western US universities are by and large trash when it comes to actually showing up no matter what.  To be on the west, and watch this, year after year.  You aren't cultivating the culture of gaining and keeping fans like that.

I’m an SJSU alum, yes but grew up and live in San Diego. Been going to Aztec games since the 60s and was at the game last week but couldn’t make it tonight.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!