Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocket

where’s the SJSU @Auburn thread?

TD Spartans! :cheer: SJSU leads 10-7.

On 9/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, Rocket said:

Ay anybody else licking their chops?

I have been around too many Spartan games where we go into halftime against P5 schools either ahead or really close, only to get winded during the 2nd half and end up losing by a healthy margin. 

So no, not yet.

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

Spartans looking respeckable. Mi gusta.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

The '22 Spartans feel true to form.  Massively underperforming against an FCS opponent, and then scrapping like hell against a P5 heavyweight on the road.  We've seen this a lot before.  This looks nothing like the team that should have lost to Portland State so far.  Sparty's bringing it in the first half.

Half Time - San Jose State 10 Auburn 7

College Life Drinking GIF

My wife is a pastor and one of our congregants is an Auburn alum.  I wanted to congratulate him tomorrow on Texas beating Alabama until the Horns choked with a prevent defense.  So what we have left is this game.

This is not the same team that sleepwalked against Portland State.  It's frustrating sometimes, because this team tonight looks like they should have blown the Vikes away.  But SJSU has a habit of doing this -- playing lousy against a FCS opponent and then looking like a pretty damn good team against a squad they were supposed to have no chance to beat.  

By the way, what the Spartans just did on Auburn's final first half possession is exactly how you play the prevent when it actually makes sense. You want 6-7 yards in exchange for 8 seconds?  Go for it.  We're not giving you 20-30 at a time (looking at you, Texas). 

We're here to play! We're one half away! Bow up! We're playing for something man! It's got to mean something to you! Everything we got! Everything you got! Let's finish this! Let's go! Everything you got! Finish on three!