Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Now This Is Funny As Hell

On 9/8/2022 at 10:04 AM, Nevada Convert said:

LOL, I agree Fox News is currently whacked. What does that have to do with a person driving on a freeway hauling a generator and gas around in case there’s no charging stations working? Are you really that stupid to not see reality, even when it’s so obvious it’s smacking you in the face? Unbelievable. 

Other than its complete detachment from reality, nothing? :blink:

The Model X has over 300 miles of range on a single charge... whereTF do you think this driver is commuting to? Yer moms house? 

F*cktard. :idiot:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

Other than its complete detachment from reality, nothing? :blink:

The Model X has over 300 miles of range on a single charge... whereTF do you think this driver is commuting to? Yer moms house? 

F*cktard. :idiot:

Dude, no kidding. But when those 300 miles are up and there’s no place to charge, what do you do? I’m not making fun of EV’s. I’m making fun of the lack of infrastructure that’s making these EV owners have to tow generators around with them. And I’m making fun of politicians that blatantly lie about EV’s having any kind of practical future in any significant numbers in the next 30 years. 

You don’t think these photos are real? OK, the second one looks like it’s photoshopped, but the rest are legit. Not everyone drives their cars just for home to work and back. And during heat waves you’re not supposed to even charge your car at all from the grid. 

kat.jpg

On 9/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, no kidding. But when those 300 miles are up and there’s no place to charge, what do you do? I’m not making fun of EV’s. I’m making fun of the lack of infrastructure that’s making these EV owners have to tow generators around with them. And I’m making fun of politicians that blatantly lie about EV’s having any kind of practical future in any significant numbers in the next 30 years. 

You don’t think these photos are real? OK, the second one looks like it’s photoshopped, but the rest are legit. Not everyone drives their cars just for home to work and back. And during heat waves you’re not supposed to even charge your car at all from the grid. 

Okay. My spidey sense tells me you're trying to converse in good faith, and tbh I like ya Convert, so the least I can do is reciprocate. 

Yes, I believe the photo is real. However, the narrative you and *some* others are promulgating is based on pure conjecture and fantasy, the kind that make climate change deniers and the OTL (own the libs) crowd make like this gif:

8ec0e25ee5ae313f4ab85adaf3637de7.gif

You see, as a resident of California - one who sees dozens (if not scores) of Teslas every day, one who has to worry about potential rolling blackouts, and one who would not only like to preserve the contents of both a refrigerator and a deep freezer, but who also would like to continue running his AC in what is arguably the worst heat wave in recorded state history, I, too, am on the verge of buying a generator. 

In fact, if one wasn't so quick to go from 0-to-circle jerk, one might make the cognitive connection between such events and generator sales. And all that is required is a shred of intellectual honesty and a white belt in Google fu to see this was an issue long before September:

Screen-Shot-2022-09-08-at-12-40-59-PM.pn

Link

Thus, while I don't dispute the photo is real, the obvious explanation is, as mentioned, the owner is simply buying a f*cking generator, just as thousands of Californians have since we last experienced rolling brownouts in 2019. 

By contrast, to assume it's some ghetto fab rig to recharge his ride that has a f*cking 330 mile range requires a magic carpet to get there from here. Lofnl. We all use our electricity at home.

To pretend otherwise is just an OTL wet dream that requires both the imagination and critical thinking skills of a 5th grader.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Okay. My spidey sense tells me you're trying to converse in good faith, and tbh I like ya Convert, so the least I can do is reciprocate. 

Yes, I believe the photo is real. However, the narrative you and *some* others are promulgating is based on pure conjecture and fantasy, the kind that make climate change deniers and the OTL (own the libs) crowd make like this gif:

You see, as a resident of California - one who sees dozens (if not scores) of Teslas every day, one who has to worry about potential rolling blackouts, and one who would not only like to preserve the contents of both a refrigerator and a deep freezer, but who also would like to continue running his AC in what is arguably the worst heat wave in recorded state history, I, too, am on the verge of buying a generator. 

In fact, if one wasn't so quick to go from 0-to-circle jerk, one might make the cognitive connection between such events and generator sales. And all that is required is a shred of intellectual honesty and a white belt in Google fu to see this was an issue long before September:

Link

Thus, while I don't dispute the photo is real, the obvious explanation is, as mentioned, the owner is simply buying a f*cking generator, just as thousands of Californians have since we last experienced rolling brownouts in 2019. 

By contrast, to assume it's some ghetto fab rig to recharge his ride that has a f*cking 330 mile range requires a magic carpet to get there from here. Lofnl. We all use our electricity at home.

To pretend otherwise is just an OTL wet dream that requires both the imagination and critical thinking skills of a 5th grader.

Dr Dre Oh Snap GIF

On 9/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Link

There’s only one major problem with your ridiculous theory. You obviously aren’t versed on generators. These cars are towing around commercial generators that provide 60 kW + and weigh 800lbs. They’re the perfect size for a  big commercial warehouse or commercial building for emergency power…….. or for timely 240V emergency charging for an EV. But these are completely unpractical for a home. 

So once they get home, how are they going to get it off the trailer and to the side of the house? Way too heavy. Most houses won’t even have a gate wide enough to get that through or a place to put something that big. Then when you fire up that diesel beast, it’ll sound like you have a running big rig parked on the side of your house. You think neighbors are going to put up with that? And the exhaust? 

There isn’t one single thing that makes sense with your beyond silly theory. I did some more digging, and some of these big generators are just rentals that aren’t supposed to come off the trailer. Also, if you go with the 120V charging at home it’ll take 3 days to fully charge many EV’s. Those 3 to 4kW generators like the one on the back of that first white Tesla pic would take hours just to get it a short distance. 

Charging an EV battery isn’t linear. The sweet spot is around 30% to 80% where it charges the fastest. But to get it from 80% to 100% can take twice as long. 

6C5C5E73-F72D-47DF-B7C8-FAE64F39AEE1.jpeg.d44bfa3eb86674a9beec468ca9546762.jpeg

18820F84-6874-4C61-A54B-8EEA48F032E2.jpeg.538f4eedb0d58f65f3435bbdea7cddbd.jpeg

97F56960-CC69-4E9C-8366-4A84BEF9A881.jpeg.76d23656b2dfd303a404d3204e977039.jpeg

For example, Boels is a commercial generator rental company. It doesn’t come off the trailer. 

EC61B046-6914-4DE4-9A64-FF6C55D21AF1.jpeg.99459c2455ce1cf52bf9ccdeba6aadce.jpeg

kat.jpg

On 9/9/2022 at 3:45 PM, Nevada Convert said:

There’s only one major problem with your ridiculous theory. You obviously aren’t versed on generators. These cars are towing around commercial generators that provide 60 kW + and weigh 800lbs. They’re the perfect size for a  big commercial warehouse or commercial building for emergency power…….. or for timely 240V emergency charging for an EV. But these are completely unpractical for a home. 

So once they get home, how are they going to get it off the trailer and to the side of the house? Most houses won’t even have a gate wide enough to get that through or a place to put something that big. Then when you fire up that diesel beast, it’ll sound like you have a running big rig parked on the side of your house. You think neighbors are going to put up with that? And the exhaust? 

There isn’t one single thing that makes sense with your beyond silly theory. I did some more digging, and some of these big generators are just rentals that aren’t supposed to come off the trailer. Also, if you go with the 120V charging at home it’ll take 3 days to fully charge many EV’s. Those 3 to 4kW generators like the one on the back of that first white Tesla pic would take hours just to get it a short distance. 

Charging an EV battery isn’t linear. The sweet spot is around 30% to 80% where it charges the fastest. But to get it from 80% to 100% can take twice as long. 

convert. come on dude. it costs like 200 bucks a day to rent those big commercial generators lmao. it would be cheaper to buy 4 brand new gas vehicles than to do that.  the likelihood that someone is spending more than the median household income of california to drive a little further is just... a lot less than the likelihood that someone 1) owns a tesla and 2) needs to move a generator. 

as you said earlier, charging with a little generator doesn't make sense.

so yeah. the picture is slightly funny, in that same way that popsickle stick jokes are slightly funny. but bro trying to "prove" it is funny by digging into it just made it not funny and also sad. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/9/2022 at 12:54 PM, happycamper said:

convert. come on dude. it costs like 200 bucks a day to rent those big commercial generators lmao. it would be cheaper to buy 4 brand new gas vehicles than to do that.  the likelihood that someone is spending more than the median household income of california to drive a little further is just... a lot less than the likelihood that someone 1) owns a tesla and 2) needs to move a generator. 

so yeah. the picture is slightly funny, in that same way that popsickle stick jokes are slightly funny. but bro trying to "prove" it is funny by digging into it just made it not funny and also sad. 

What is a popsicle stick joke?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, Nevada Convert said:

There’s only one major problem with your ridiculous theory. You obviously aren’t versed on generators. These cars are towing around commercial generators that provide 60 kW + and weigh 800lbs.

You are a f*cktard. :waiting: This is not a "60kW" generator you drooling c*ntmonkey. 

19F680B5-9D67-4FAE-991C-C2D2725325C9.jpeg

Recognize the photo numbnuts? :foottap:

Ffs you are to ignorance and bullshit what Kazakhstan is to potassium.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, smltwnrckr said:

What is a popsicle stick joke?

Not sure if serious or set up for joke?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/9/2022 at 5:47 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

You are a f*cktard. :waiting: This is not a "60kW" generator you drooling c*ntmonkey. 

19F680B5-9D67-4FAE-991C-C2D2725325C9.jpeg

Recognize the photo numbnuts? :foottap:

Ffs you are to ignorance and bullshit what Kazakhstan is to potassium.

Wow, WTF is wrong with you? I mentioned both 3 to 4kW generators and the big commercial units on trailers. Are you drinking? 

kat.jpg

Dude, there’s one massive problem with your super silly theory. Go do a Google Image Search with “car towing generator” then “truck towing generator” and then “Tesla towing generator”. For cars and trucks, there’s virtually no pics of this occurring. The Tesla search shows a bunch. 

If you buy a generator large enough to power everything for your house, you legally need to have a licensed contractor that employs licensed electrical tech’s to install them. Otherwise you could end up electrocuting power line workers. The contractor shows up with it, moves it and installs it. The idea that people buy them and tow them home with Tesla’s of all vehicles is completely hilarious. 

kat.jpg

On 9/10/2022 at 12:26 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Wow, WTF is wrong with you? I mentioned both 3 to 4kW generators and the big commercial units on trailers. Are you drinking? 

Not enough for your typed version of demented self-dick punching to make any sense.