Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at CAL

On 9/10/2022 at 4:34 PM, ph90702 said:

They’ve definitely gotten better, but they should’ve won today.

North Texas is a must win.

Felt like they were overconfident from the last win and read the press clippings too much for two weeks walking into this game.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:00 PM, UNLV2001 said:

For a UNLV program coming off the woes of the last few seasons............there's more positives than negatives to take away from this game. 

Yes UNLV could & probably should have won this game down at the end, but there was a point early on where it was looking like this was going to be a 48-3 type of loss.

There's many things to work 0n but there's obvious progress over Arroyo's fist two seasons ...............still a lot of work to do.

Next game is winnable at home vs North Texas 

Next game with UNT is a report card kind of game. 2 fairly equal’ish team. Rebs have home field which is why they are slightly favored.

3-17. Every other school in FBS would be busy raising money for the buyout to find a new coach. Most self respecting programs would have never let it go THIS long. UNLV says just be patient.

Coaching cost this game. Terrible waste of timeouts. Lack of discipline with all the penalties which is a coaching problem and terrible play calling all game long. Pathetic conservative defensive play calls and the worst offensive game plan I have ever seen.  Recruiting players who have low level IQ. All coaching problems!

On 9/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, quickdraw said:

Next game with UNT is a report card kind of game. 2 fairly equal’ish team. Rebs have home field which is why they are slightly favored.

This CAL game was a report card game too...........P5, on the road, 13 point underdog.............I'd giving UNLV a passing grade of B to B- from what i saw 

Considering 90% of anyone figured this would be a loss & the question was probably "how bad will it be" -- I say UNLV passed the test in that the game was close and UNLV had the chance to win was a good sign -- There was a point in the 1st Q where UNLV could have folded & let this turn into an expected blowout loss to a P5

Now with North Texas coming in next week and it being a home game.........I'd bet UNLV is favored to win and if they don't that will be way more devastating to the "progress" than today's loss was.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:32 PM, UNLV2001 said:

This CAL game was a report card game too...........P5, on the road, 13 point underdog.............I'd giving UNLV a passing grade of B to B- from what i saw 

Considering 90% of anyone figured this would be a loss & the question was probably "how bad will it be" -- I say UNLV passed the test in that the game was close and UNLV had the chance to win was a good sign -- There was a point in the 1st Q where UNLV could have folded & let this turn into an expected blowout loss to a P5

Now with North Texas coming in next week and it being a home game.........I'd bet UNLV is favored to win and if they don't that will be way more devastating to the "progress" than today's loss was.

Put everything you got and everything you can borrow on NORTH TEXAS. Easy money.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, B_Lootz said:

One of the biggest game in years, imo. If we’re going to be bowl eligible then we need to win this one.

No doubt....and I'm not really thinking UNLV will get to 6 wins..........A win today might have made me think 6 wins more than a win next week 

UNLV is still a work in progress...........two games & we've seen some progress & positives..............but let's not forget this is a teams that's won 2 of the last 18-20 games & keeping it that close at CLA to where UNLV had the ball TWICE with a chance to win is showing something 

Frustrating as it was to watch UNLV drop another game, the program isn't yet to the point we fans should be throwing TV's out the window over a loss like today's .........that point will hopefully be coming soon though ! 

On 9/10/2022 at 7:32 PM, RebelRobert said:

3-17. Every other school in FBS would be busy raising money for the buyout to find a new coach. Most self respecting programs would have never let it go THIS long. UNLV says just be patient.

Coaching cost this game. Terrible waste of timeouts. Lack of discipline with all the penalties which is a coaching problem and terrible play calling all game long. Pathetic conservative defensive play calls and the worst offensive game plan I have ever seen.  Recruiting players who have low level IQ. All coaching problems!

They covered the spread on the road. UNLV is vastly improved.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:28 PM, 4UNLV said:

Stupid stupid plays by Brumfield, just throw the ball away, not once, but twice. Unreal, they gave this one away.

He is a good athlete.  I’m not sold on his game day execution against decent teams.  Rebs are just wasting time on him.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

Road games are hard.

Neither of these teams is very good, although the Rebels may be better than usual if that's worth anything.  I believe they will be better when Brumfield gets inevitably injured and Friel is settled in at QB.  Long way to go. A loss at Cal does not tell us much about the rest of the way.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:38 PM, robe said:

They covered the spread on the road. UNLV is vastly improved.

You know nothing about UNLV. Anyone who has watched this team for decades and decades like I have knows they get up for PAC-12 games and almost always coulda woulda shoulda giving hope where none should exist. Only to come back a week or two later and lay a big fat egg vs a NOBODY!

UNLV is no good.  A good team would have won today. UNLV is actually terrible. The coaching is beyond pathetic. Seen this same scenario tons of times.  The players will lay down and we will get humiliated. This staff plays a little more conservative trying not to get blown out so they try to keep hope alive. 3-17 tells the story. A blowout to North Nobody Next week and we will all be on the same page.  Arroyo is a loser.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, RebelRobert said:

You know nothing about UNLV. Anyone who has watched this team for decades and decades like I have knows they get up for PAC-12 games and almost always coulda woulda shoulda giving hope where none should exist. Only to come back a week or two later and lay a big fat egg vs a NOBODY!

UNLV is no good.  A good team would have won today. UNLV is actually terrible. The coaching is beyond pathetic. Seen this same scenario tons of times.  The players will lay down and we will get humiliated. This staff plays a little more conservative trying not to get blown out so they try to keep hope alive. 3-17 tells the story. A blowout to North Nobody Next week and we will all be on the same page.  Arroyo is a loser.

I’m not so sure about this team or the coach yet.

But Coach Robinson proved UNLV has great potential unfortunately he was to old to complete the transition. He made BYU and Wisconsin rivals while he was there. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:51 PM, robe said:

I’m not so sure about this team or the coach yet.

But Coach Robinson proved UNLV has great potential unfortunately he was to old to complete the transition. He made BYU and Wisconsin rivals while he was there. 

Robinson brought in intelligent players and built a program we could be proud of at UNLV. He was an old man but knew what he was doing. He would win 10+ games every year with these cream puff schedules UNLV plays now. JROB went agains Utah, TCU, BYU and good CSU, Air Force and New Mexico teams at the time. Plus we played legit out of conference games not the sisters of the poor like we play now.

Arroyo is in over his head. His wife, his dog and his girlfriend all bounced but UNLV still wants to hang on and get drug through the mud with this loser. 3-17 and moron UNLV fans are claiming we are almost there.  Beating the worst FCS program in the country makes these idiot UNLV fans think we are good.

Coaching is the issue. With what this Arroyo joker is being paid and the cupcake teams we are playing he should win 8+ games no problem.  This guy can’t win two vs FBS opponents. Shitty Reno has a new coach and is 3-0. Another flag on UNLV! Penalty on UNLV. Bad play call by UNLV.  Poor timeout by UNLV.  Team is devastated by loss but coaches won’t look in the mirror!

On 9/10/2022 at 6:01 PM, RebelRobert said:

Robinson brought in intelligent players and built a program we could be proud of at UNLV. He was an old man but knew what he was doing. He would win 10+ games every year with these cream puff schedules UNLV plays now. JROB went agains Utah, TCU, BYU and good CSU, Air Force and New Mexico teams at the time. Plus we played legit out of conference games not the sisters of the poor like we play now.

Arroyo is in over his head. His wife, his dog and his girlfriend all bounced but UNLV still wants to hang on and get drug through the mud with this loser. 3-17 and moron UNLV fans are claiming we are almost there.  Beating the worst FCS program in the country makes these idiot UNLV fans think we are good.

Coaching is the issue. With what this Arroyo joker is being paid and the cupcake teams we are playing he should win 8+ games no problem.  This guy can’t win two vs FBS opponents. Shitty Reno has a new coach and is 3-0. Another flag on UNLV! Penalty on UNLV. Bad play call by UNLV.  Poor timeout by UNLV.  Team is devastated by loss but coaches won’t look in the mirror!

Reno is losing to Incarnate Word….

On 9/10/2022 at 9:01 PM, RebelRobert said:

Did his wife really leave him? I haven't heard that.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:08 PM, Wyobraska said:

Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll NOW!

Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer or Jon Gruden.

Or anyone competent who is a proven FBS winner.

The only time UNLV Football has ever had any success is when we hire proven FBS winners.

No more projects.  Hire proven winners.