Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Nevada is Gonna Go 3-0

On 9/5/2022 at 7:20 AM, BlueCheer said:

Progressively tougher each week. The Word is better than NMSU and Texas St. Not just because of what they did last week. They made a deep run in the 1AA playoffs last year also. The Word knows how to play football. Thankfully their strength plays into Nevada's strength, but the Pack will need to figure out how to open up the offense to win this game.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:59 AM, Lester_in_reno said:

Incarnate Word isn't that bad.

I remember about 8 years ago Cal.Poly came in here and almost beat the Pack on the last play. They were supposed to be an " easy W" too.

The shape that the Pack is in is depressing in that we are worried about Incarnate word. 

I’m not buying it. We’re 2-0. We’re not gonna be good this year by our modest standards, but Nevada is too solid a program to lose these FCS games. Taua and Lee and Peterson won’t allow it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I have switched one predict.  Cal to win over UNLV.  I still think Fly stands a solid chance to run the table especially after the upcoming true Reveal pasting Colorado at home more than TCU did last Friday night in Boulder. 

Downslate from that it is hosting up Boise, neutral site Army in Arlington. hosting highly horrible Navy,  The final regular season game at SDSU. 

It's all about the G5 Cotton Bowl rep this year with Air Force most definitely a good side candidate.  The AAC could decide to just screw up several things along the way, my squad included.  It will not be a MAC squad.  It will not be a CUSA squad.  It will not be a Sunbelt squad.

AAC or MWC.  Assuming the latter..Fly Air Force, fly. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 9/5/2022 at 11:45 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The shape that the Pack is in is depressing in that we are worried about Incarnate word. 

I’m not buying it. We’re 2-0. We’re not gonna be good this year by our modest standards, but Nevada is too solid a program to lose these FCS games. Taua and Lee and Peterson won’t allow it.

But yet we have lost FCS game before almost a couple of them

On 9/4/2022 at 6:45 PM, BacksThePack said:

To be fair, 3-0 was sorta expected with this schedule. 2-1 at worst.

3-0 was and is expected with the schedule that was pieced together. Honestly if we are 2-1 after those three games alarm bells should be ringing.

Then we have Iowa followed by a short week to get ready for Air Force

On 9/5/2022 at 7:11 AM, Spaztecs said:

Talk about the perfect start for a squad that is rebuilding from the ground up.

Bill Snyder style scheduling.

I was going to say Wyoming-esque scheduling but this works too. Line up those 4 auto wins and then pray and hope your can get a 5th and 6th win somewhere when you have to play the conference schedule.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:27 PM, Coog kev said:

I have switched one predict.  Cal to win over UNLV.  I still think Fly stands a solid chance to run the table especially after the upcoming true Reveal pasting Colorado at home more than TCU did last Friday night in Boulder. 

Downslate from that it is hosting up Boise, neutral site Army in Arlington. hosting highly horrible Navy,  The final regular season game at SDSU. 

It's all about the G5 Cotton Bowl rep this year with Air Force most definitely a good side candidate.  The AAC could decide to just screw up several things along the way, my squad included.  It will not be a MAC squad.  It will not be a CUSA squad.  It will not be a Sunbelt squad.

AAC or MWC.  Assuming the latter..Fly Air Force, fly. 

If an aac team can come out of it with only one conference loss it’ll be tough to overlook them due to the likelihood of multiple top 25 games in conference.  Those have weighed heavily in the past.  AF certainly has a good chance, but needs someone else to carry water to lead to a compelling showdown in conference.  

On 9/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, TrueAg said:

I was going to say Wyoming-esque scheduling but this works too. Line up those 4 auto wins and then pray and hope your can get a 5th and 6th win somewhere when you have to play the conference schedule.

What the hell man….that’s just mean. 

ok Illinois and BYU aren’t Bama. But we play Texas and Texas Tech next year then ASU and BYU again the year after that. Jeez, I remember those K-State schedules and they never came close to teams like that. 

On 9/6/2022 at 3:23 PM, TrueAg said:

Yeah, but we’re going to get better as the season progresses because we hate Norvell. Forget about batteries and pushing old ladies down the stairs, there’s going to be lots of tissue boxes donated by the fans just in case he has some nostalgic heart felt moments to tend to again.

kat.jpg

Sounds like USU basketball schedules for pretty much ever. 

Isn't that the goal of most schools is to get that bowl bid first and then go from there? But 3-1 OOC have to fine three wins in conference, Hawaii, maybe San Jose and then possibly that UNLV game could be for a bowl shot

Nevada is Gonna Go 3-0

So that’s why they’re getting uppity and puffing their chest out. I remember when SJSU was under NCAA sanctions and we used to go to Reno games and of course lose, there was always some prick getting all uppity saying San Jose sucks but when I told him Reno sucks he just turned around and glared and didn’t say anything after that. 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:40 AM, Rocket said:

Nevada is Gonna Go 3-0

So that’s why they’re getting uppity and puffing their chest out. I remember when SJSU was under NCAA sanctions and we used to go to Reno games and of course lose, there was always some prick getting all uppity saying San Jose sucks but when I told him Reno sucks he just turned around and glared and didn’t say anything after that. 

32646CEA-426B-42C4-B0D8-C6766AB31707.webp

On 9/8/2022 at 2:03 PM, unionman said:

4-0 after we beat Iowa, 6-5!!!

Four safeties and a FG? Haha

I would’ve given a 4-0 start a 1 percent chance at the beginning of the year, but Iowa is vulnerable.

That would be an incredible start to the Wilson era considering the situation he was handed.

On 9/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

Bullshit thread..

The Pack isn't in a position to act 'high and mighty'.

ICU is a real team from San Antonio.....

So fark off.

Yeah Murray just did the position by position preview, and gave UIW the advantage at most positions. 

Likely to be our biggest challenge yet.